Fitzpatrick calls presidents meeting

Remove this Banner Ad

What is revealed? What could possibly trump Reids letter? Or the aflpas comments? I've waited patiently hoping the club would have a decent explanation for this saga. Reids letter confirms they don't and shows it was complete and utter mismanagement on a grand scale!!

Sorry but I'm filthy! A grand club crumbling before our eyes. We need to take whatever sanctions we deserve and hope like hell we aren't a bottom 2 side for the next decade. That's if we even have a club!

Sorry, I'm just completely over it! Today was the last straw

Has mxett's BigFooty account been hacked?

What is revealed? What could possibly trump Reids letter? Or the aflpas comments? I've waited patiently hoping the club would have a decent explanation for this saga. Reids letter confirms they don't and shows it was complete and utter mismanagement on a grand scale!!

Sorry but I'm filthy! A grand club crumbling before our eyes. We need to take whatever sanctions we deserve and hope like hell we aren't a bottom 2 side for the next decade. That's if we even have a club!

You are one of those who were implying that Geelong were involved when there was no evidence to support the implications.

I really hope this is bitter for people like yourself who were prepared to try and make others feel bad for the sake of making yourself feel a bit better!

Essendon,

prepareyouranus.png

Good old kelvin must still think that discrediting the AFL and Vlad will somehow absolve your club of any blame.

i am insulted to be regarded in the same group as Carlton. I can think of at least 2 other clubs bigger. oh wait, one is getting severely f*cked on.

still, carlton is really one of the big boys? really? there should be a joint asada/wada/acc/afl investigation into this.

I don't think its the big 4 per se. Who are these other bigger clubs, Richmond? Anywho our supporter base is similar to that of Essendon, we are still getting back on our feet off field from mis-management.

You are one of those who were implying that Geelong were involved when there was no evidence to support the implications.

I really hope this is bitter for people like yourself who were prepared to try and make others feel bad for the sake of making yourself feel a bit better!

Ease up Skepp, I know that MX Man hasn't been the easiest dude to deal with lately, but he is (at least in the last few hours) one of the few EFC supporters that seems able to grasp the suddenly dawning and emerging (at least for them) reality of how serious this shite is.

Try to support these moderate EFC members and posters, as if the hard line Hird camp "wins" (whereupon EFC will get booted for months) then a whole bunch of decent Essendon fans become "collateral damage" to save precious Mr Mellatonan ManII Hirdy's reputation.

MX has at least been decent enough to admit the whole thing is a major case of bad activity by EFC - this is a harder thing to do than most AFL team supporters can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever 'vote' they are going to put before the club presidents, you can bet your life the AFL already know they are going to get the numbers.

They have 5 before they even need to go looking for votes. GC, Brisbane, Sydney, GWS and Melbourne are all too deeply in the AFL's pockets to refuse them.

Then of course North and WB are not far behind. I'm not sure how WC, Freo, Port and Adelaide work as they are owned by their respective state leagues. But the AFL certainly helped out port and have backed SANFL with Adelaide oval.

Collingwood and Hawks must be fuming about being drawn into the scandal so they won't side with Essendon but may not side with the AFL booting Essendon for money reasons.

Rumours have been circling for awhile about carlton talking about this internally and wanting to stand down Essendon.

No idea on Richmond, Geelong and Saints.

But i'd safely say the AFL has 7 votes possibly 8. Only need to convince another half the remaining 9 teams to come overto boot essendon.

Hang on a second!

Am I correct in believing that the presidents of these clubs joined Vlad on his equalization junket a week or so ago?
Hawthorn, Collingwood & WCE Presidents definitely met with Mr D.

If Essendon want to isolate themselves from the rest of the competition then temporary deregistration should not be a huge surprise.

I'm hearing some interesting stuff this morning around this meeting. Looks like the AFL has clear majority support for dumping Essendon from the finals. They expect to be immediately injuncted on the same grounds of 'procedural fairness', but they expect that injunction to fail.

The issue is actually how they do it - after Essendon didn't take the deal, the mood among some clubs is that deregistration is cleaner (?!) than taking points away. There is some dispute whether the AFL has enough support to run that line, as it gives them back the keys to the car and there would not be a definite timeframe for what happens to the licence. It could be that this weekend's game (yes, Round 22) is Essendon's last for quite a while but I don't think the AFL has the necessary number of clubs yet.

3AW Rumour File said the AFL released the charges yesterday given they knew they had the numbers to put a temporary hold on Essendon's competition points.

Vlad only calls a meeting when he knows the result. He already would have spoken to the club presidents.

To the Essendon supporters:

Do you honestly believe the club presidents are getting together to support EFC?

Do you think they are going to no confidence the AFL admin?

This is damaging every club and the AFL, they are getting together to pressure the EFC in to submission or kick them out until the issue is resolved.

If Little decides not to go for some bizarre reason I can see them being booted by 5PM this afternoon.

I did try to warn you that reality would hit you like a wet blanket. Sorry you have to go through this - but it's your club not Hird's. You pay your dues -- Hird gets paid.

Wow... Deregistration....

Remember the good old days when Evans was working closely with his good mate Vlad to keep everything under the carpet with minimal sanctions?

Enter Hird and Little

As I have said before poor Jimmy has got the wrong PR guy, the wrong lawyers (although Julian B is pretty sensible), the wrong President - you do not hunt and kill the AFL - they kill you!

The big clubs in the finals are shittythat they can't get any media because of this bullshit - they will want to stem the bleeding of the comp before the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitzpatrick calls presidents meeting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back