Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheating pays is the lesson.

Hopefully relegated if there's any justice.
We'll be relegated but it won't be due to any perceived justice.

Btw, being relegated is precisely what saved us a points deduction in the first place...

From the sounds, the league didn't bother consulting it's own rules, or consulted them and thought "sod it, we'll charge them anyway".

Doesn't say much for their competence and integrity, and you would imagine that the likes of Richard Masters might not be long for the job.

Leicester not totally out of the woods this season. This decision is all about 22/23 PSR, they'll have a tough time meeting 23/24 PSR and that will be ruled on (and punishments applied) this season.

I do wonder though, if clubs might be a bit more prepared to fight any punishments legally given the doubts over the legality of the league has developed.

Leicester not totally out of the woods this season. This decision is all about 22/23 PSR, they'll have a tough time meeting 23/24 PSR and that will be ruled on (and punishments applied) this season.

I do wonder though, if clubs might be a bit more prepared to fight any punishments legally given the doubts over the legality of the league has developed.
Apparently we're confident we'll be fine - KDH and the Maresca payment came through before the cut off allegedly.

Wouldn't it be the same in reverse though? The EFL already tried to punish us while we were a PL club and they got told they had no grounds. Who'd be hitting us this time?

Cheating pays is the lesson.

Hopefully relegated if there's any justice.
Leicester have complied with the rules as they are written.

If the league wants to invent rules based on vibe and then accuse clubs of breaking them they'll have plenty more days like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love all the other fans getting pissed off at us like we aren’t going straight back down anyway 😂
marge GIF

Should’ve been relegated, that’s clearly the way to do it.

True, or the other way around. We were about 100 charges short :sadv1:

Btw, I’m happy that Leicester got off and fans like you don’t need to go through everything we have, that we are still very much feeling the effects of. Each passing day I am just feeling more numb to the sport and I’m not even English, Scouse or live there.

Our loss on the weekend would usually put me in rage mode, I didn’t feel too much because it’s just such a typical thing that something so out of the ordinary happens, and it happens to Everton.

This decision for Leicester just throws another angle out there. If Everton were charged again tomorrow, it should be thrown out the day after.

I’ll continued to die on the hill that the current rules are not fit for purpose, this decision only amplifies it. The league needs to essentially give everyone a clean slate and then implement the rules, guided by UEFA or not, then set them in stone.

Leicester have complied with the rules as they are written.

If the league wants to invent rules based on vibe and then accuse clubs of breaking them they'll have plenty more days like this.

No they haven’t. They complied with PL rules and openly broke EFL rules, the comp in which they last competed in.

The league can’t invest in said rules because said leagues are EFL rules, the EFL can’t punish them because they are no longer under their jurisdiction. The EFL couldn’t force them to publish accounts, because they were in the PL, for all purposes a completely different league.

How do you write rules for clubs that are operating completely outside of your competition for periods of time?

It’s a joke tbh. Leicester took the piss, openly cheated and have got away with it.

EFL should enforce some sort of grandfathered penalty to teams that do it as openly as they did it.

Automatic double relegation if they return to the EFL as a competing club.

No they haven’t. They complied with PL rules and openly broke EFL rules, the comp in which they last competed in.

The league can’t invest in said rules because said leagues are EFL rules, the EFL can’t punish them because they are no longer under their jurisdiction. The EFL couldn’t force them to publish accounts, because they were in the PL, for all purposes a completely different league.

How do you write rules for clubs that are operating completely outside of your competition for periods of time?

It’s a joke tbh. Leicester took the piss, openly cheated and have got away with it.

EFL should enforce some sort of grandfathered penalty to teams that do it as openly as they did it.

Automatic double relegation if they return to the EFL as a competing club.

If the rules say the EFL can punish Leicester then they would have been punished.

If the rules say the premier league can punish Leicester they would have been punished.

But they didn't, and you can't punish clubs for a vibe which isn't supported by written rules.

Bit of talk that the EFL may be able to revisit this of/when Leicester drop back down.

I would argue, that if the EFL wants to avoid an issue where someone avoids punishment due to moving between divisions they simply draft their laws a bit better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back