Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's fair to shrug and say that the EFL should have pursued them when they had the evidence given that the 'evidence' won't be published for another four months. Timing of publishing accounts should be the determining factor in punishing clubs, particularly those likely to be involved in promotion/relegation battles and therefore likely not to be in the relevant league when those accounts are published.

It's also why the EFL has tried to introduce spending plans to prevent breaches ahead of time. Jatz complained at the time that this is an anticipatory punishment, but I just see it as ensuring clubs remain within the requirements. WBA for instance are complying with their spending plan, as have we for the last three years.

True, or the other way around. We were about 100 charges short :sadv1:

Btw, I’m happy that Leicester got off and fans like you don’t need to go through everything we have, that we are still very much feeling the effects of. Each passing day I am just feeling more numb to the sport and I’m not even English, Scouse or live there.

Our loss on the weekend would usually put me in rage mode, I didn’t feel too much because it’s just such a typical thing that something so out of the ordinary happens, and it happens to Everton.

This decision for Leicester just throws another angle out there. If Everton were charged again tomorrow, it should be thrown out the day after.

I’ll continued to die on the hill that the current rules are not fit for purpose, this decision only amplifies it. The league needs to essentially give everyone a clean slate and then implement the rules, guided by UEFA or not, then set them in stone.
Yeah I'm already the same. Disillusioned with the idiots running my club, disillusioned with the idiots running the game.

I can see a time in the near future where I just zone out from the game altogether. The way it's going is clearly designed to help those clubs that clearly don't need help. What's the point? It's not like I'm going to the games every other weekend.

I don't think it's fair to shrug and say that the EFL should have pursued them when they had the evidence given that the 'evidence' won't be published for another four months. Timing of publishing accounts should be the determining factor in punishing clubs, particularly those likely to be involved in promotion/relegation battles and therefore likely not to be in the relevant league when those accounts are published.

It's also why the EFL has tried to introduce spending plans to prevent breaches ahead of time. Jatz complained at the time that this is an anticipatory punishment, but I just see it as ensuring clubs remain within the requirements. WBA for instance are complying with their spending plan, as have we for the last three years.
I strongly suspect that we'll be targeted for the foreseeable future after pissing off both of the governing bodies. Kind of like the athlete that gets shown doing coke on social media and then has the drug testers at his door for the next 6 months.

All of this should've been avoided - anyone that allowed this to happen should've been sacked already. Of course, they haven't been.

Yeah I'm already the same. Disillusioned with the idiots running my club, disillusioned with the idiots running the game.

I can see a time in the near future where I just zone out from the game altogether. The way it's going is clearly designed to help those clubs that clearly don't need help. What's the point? It's not like I'm going to the games every other weekend.

Sounds like you should start following WSW again and do exactly that! Go to games every other weekend. There's even a salary cap to even things up.

Just qualified for a competition that will earn them over £100m, and having to sell players because they're £40m short on PSR.

This is how clubs already at the top are protected by the current rules.

All of the above but also disillusioned with the idiots running on the pitch too. Care factor for this season is at an all-time low.

I was fine with being shit but being shit + PSR headaches has just sapped all love out of the sport.

They just made £190m in sales, maybe that'll sort it out?
Quite possible. Although £190m in sales isn't £190m in profit. And you bought a few too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just made £190m in sales, maybe that'll sort it out?

It would depend on how much you have lost on book value on those sales. Do you have any idea on this? I assume a journo somewhere has gone through the books and calculated this.

If most of the 190m sales is wiped out by book losses I can see why you needed the hotel say with another 230m spent this summer window following your spend of 430m in the 23/24 summer window.

It would depend on how much you have lost on book value on those sales. Do you have any idea on this? I assume a journo somewhere has gone through the books and calculated this.

If most of the 190m sales is wiped out by book losses I can see why you needed the hotel say with another 230m spent this summer window following your spend of 430m in the 23/24 summer window.
Pretty sure only Lukaku was a small book losses.

But this is all coulds and maybes anyway atm, out side of Martyn Zeiger scaremongering I don't think there'll be a big issue.

If the rules say the EFL can punish Leicester then they would have been punished.

If the rules say the premier league can punish Leicester they would have been punished.

But they didn't, and you can't punish clubs for a vibe which isn't supported by written rules.

The rules say the EFL couldn't punish Leicester, because they werent an EFL club during the reporting period.

The rules say the PL can't punish Leicester, because they weren't a Premier League club...... Likewise, they get certain dispensations in their reporting now for a period of time spent as an EFL club.

Why would you draft rules regarding another league?

How can a competition enforce rules regarding compliance of a football clubs operations in a completely separate league and structure?

The EFL is not the PL. They have as much jurisdiction over each other as they would the Scottish Premier League....

It's no different to Chelsea not being bound by UEFA spending rules, because they weren't in any European competitions.... You think fines should just get dished out anyway, because they competed in the competition 2 years prior?

Should the Premier League try to issue a points deduction to Barcelona in La Liga next?

As I said, if this is the way it's going to play and the PL **** over the EFL clubs, the EFL should just go cataclysmic on FA member clubs who openly flout the rules with grandfathered/abstained penalties for when they ever (or if ever) they become EFL member clubs again.

I.E even if Leicester don't get relegated for 15 years, on that day, they are automatically double relegated.

Last edited:

We sold Archie Gray to comply with PSR in the EFL only a few weeks ago.

Leicester kept the majority of their squad and will no doubt post a £100m+ loss this next reporting period.

Also for the 3 year period in which Leicester breached PSR they were a PL club for all but two weeks of that period. Any reasonable person would assess that to putting them under the PL's jurisdiction. The ruling is just bizarre.

We sold Archie Gray to comply with PSR in the EFL only a few weeks ago.

Leicester kept the majority of their squad and will no doubt post a £100m+ loss this next reporting period.
Lol what? Based on what?

We’ve had big transfers go out over the last 24 months.

IMG_8584.jpeg

There’s Leicester, just out there destroying football 🥴

Also for the 3 year period in which Leicester breached PSR they were a PL club for all but two weeks of that period. Any reasonable person would assess that to putting them under the PL's jurisdiction. The ruling is just bizarre.
It's not at all. The ruling is very legal, it isn't bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back