Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the win will be that in six months or so it'll all be over and people can move on with their lives.

If we're found guilty, I think we'll have to be relegated.

But we've got to be found guilty first.

I think the win will be that in six months or so it'll all be over and people can move on with their lives.

If we're found guilty, I think we'll have to be relegated.

But we've got to be found guilty first.
That absolutely will not happen haha. They'll bang on about this forever, whether you end up exonerated or relegated.

That absolutely will not happen haha. They'll bang on about this forever, whether you end up exonerated or relegated.

Do people still talk about the Storm cheating? Honest question as I don't really follow the sport.

If we lose, we'll probably appeal so it will go on a little bit longer. But ultimately we would cop our punishment and work to get back.

If we win, there will be a lot of pissing and moaning, and I'm sure it will still be brought up occasionally. But by the sort of people you just pat their head and laugh at.

Some of the looneys will still obsess about it, but I would imagine everyone stopped listening to them years ago.

The decision in our case against the league on associated party rules expected to be delivered by the end of the month.

Not sure if its will be made public although if we lose I'm sure it will be leaked. And if we win, we'll likely see an immediate change in the rules. Which will have to be public knowledge.

If we lose, we'll probably appeal so it will go on a little bit longer. But ultimately we would cop our punishment and work to get back.

If we win, there will be a lot of pissing and moaning, and I'm sure it will still be brought up occasionally. But by the sort of people you just pat their head and laugh at.

Some of the looneys will still obsess about it, but I would imagine everyone stopped listening to them years ago.
If you do get relegated, where do you expect you'd end up? Out of the EFL as well?

Be very curious as to how that's all supposed to work.

If you do get relegated, where do you expect you'd end up? Out of the EFL as well?

Be very curious as to how that's all supposed to work.
I don't think there would be anything off the table as far as punishments go.

If we're found guilty, it will be because the tribunal found that we have deliberately broken the rules.

As a lot of them are well outside the statute limitations so just to be heard the league will have to prove that we deliberately or fraudulently concealed information.

So if we're found guilty (a big if) it won't be a slap on the wrist, that's for sure. I would think relegation to the championship would be the best we could hope for.

Quite a few seem to be pushing the idea that any punishment be split over a longer period so instead of one big punishment, there's say 5 years of smaller punishments. I think that's more wishful thinking from supporters of clubs that would most benefit of us being out of the picture for five years though.

No idea about the Storm, but nobody at Essendon has let go of their (ahem) supplement saga.
I'm sure if we're found guilty we'll be reminded about it often, but there wouldn't be much of a discussion. In the long run if we're found guilty we'll just have to wear it and accept the jibes.

If we're found not guilty, people can call us cheats all they like and it will not bother us one bit.

If we're found not guilty, people can call us cheats all they like and it will not bother us one bit.

Fans should be raging against the owners surely?

When we (Carlton) got done for the salary cap the majority of fans were raging against John Elliott and wanted him banned from the club forever.

Would your fans not want the cheats gone from your club?

Not bothered one bit sounds like you're all good to keep supporting the turd owners even if found guilty.

The first five words of my post that you quoted should give you the answer you're looking for.

If however we are found guilty people will make their own minds up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people still talk about the Storm cheating? Honest question as I don't really follow the sport.

Only cry babies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back