Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe......but what does Buckley know about defence work?

I would have thought we need an ex defender to coach our backline..

from the upsetting pies angle.....brilliant, wouldn't Eddie be p....d off? haha!

According to this article from The Age, Justin Leppitsch will be interviewed for the Richmond senior coaching position in the coming days.

I always have mixed feelings about our past champs applying for (and getting) coaching spots with other clubs.

I guess that's just me being a selfish, sentimental old fart though:eek:

Good luck Leppa.

I seriously hope that we are one of the clubs that has approached Adam Simpson, he would be a great addition to the coaching staff:thumbsu:

I seriously hope that we are one of the clubs that has approached Adam Simpson, he would be a great addition to the coaching staff:thumbsu:

He would be a great addition to the coaching staff but it would on other factors like if there is an assistant that departs the club and/or if the department has the money for another coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit perplexed as to why Johnson wants to return to Melbourne. I thought he'd settled into Brisbane years ago... It'll be sad to see Leppa go too :(.

As for the Brittain brothers, I suppose they really must have a passion for sprinklers o_o.

Originally thought Grim was taking the piss...

Strange that about the Brittain brothers...sprinklers in a country that has been touched by drought and had water restrictions?

Major shake ups in the assistants, development and recruiting department coming up.

****ing hell. That's pretty much the entire lot bar Bozo and Piggy.

Exodus Watch has been looking in the wrong place.

Leppitsch will be a MASSIVE loss. His work with our defenders has been phenomenal. Lets hope he has already taught them all he knows. My understanding is that he's a bit of a tactics guru too, so he'll be a huge loss from the coach's box.

The Brittain brothers likewise... they are great with the young blokes.

Can't blame Johnno for wanting to get back to Victoria eventually I guess.

The real question is... who do we replace them with? We may need to get the chequebook out and offer some big money.

Some names off the top of my head...

Nigel Lappin
Chris Scott
Adam Simpson
Craig McRae
Scott West
James Hird (pipe dream... but you never know)
Luke Darcy (really rate him, but we already have a ruck coach)
Dean Laidley (if he can stand being an assistant again - great tactical coach)
Shane Woewodin
Blake Caracella
Alan Richardson
Jade Rawlings

And one from left field... Tim Notting... from what I hear, he really has a way with the young blokes... could be a good development assistant should he retire this year. Robert Copeland may be work a look too.

I wonder how much of a say Dan Collins has in this or whether this was Vossy's plan all along.

I would not be surprised if all replacements are non-Lions. It is arguable that we have become too insular in recent years.

Voss did bring in some outside guys at the start to help so i would imagine he didn't plan on clearing house, but he wont be too worried about it. Leppa was always going to go at some point, and Voss will know it will only benifit him having different people and skills being brought in. Would love us to throw some money around and get a really good midfield and forward coach, with the next gen coming through they need to learn from a good coach as well as the senior players.

I like the idea of Tim remaining at the club, TBD:D...Not too sure about Luke Darcy, according to Her/Sun this morning, Darcy along with Mr. Ed, is on the verge of signing a radio deal with Triple M..

Hate the thought of losing so many of our coaching staff en masse...could be quite disrupting, rather than one at a time, which wouldn't be so noticable..

I wonder how much of a say Dan Collins has in this or whether this was Vossy's plan all along.

I would not be surprised if all replacements are non-Lions. It is arguable that we have become too insular in recent years.

I tend to agree with the outsiders as replacements thought, & it wouldn't concern me in the slighest. I have always thought supporters get too hung up on ex-players becoming assistants at their own clubs........ along the lines that we must draft exclusively Queenslanders!!

It now makes sense that on the weekend in the Sunday Herald-Sun it stated that we were likely to chase Laidley. Would step straight into Wayne Brittains shoes I imagine , if we snared him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back