Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

We should be smashing J.Blair's door down to be our development coach, especially after the weekend. A bunch of no name Morningside players win another grand final. Unbelievable!

We should be smashing J.Blair's door down to be our development coach, especially after the weekend. A bunch of no name Morningside players win another grand final. Unbelievable!

Development/reserves, for sure. Would be in the what we can afford category also.

Reported in today's Herald Sun that Craig McRae is posied to leave the Lions. According to the article he is considering development role at the magpies.

...but I thought he was a Richmond spud? :rolleyes:

Reported in today's Herald Sun that Craig McRae is posied to leave the Lions. According to the article he is considering development role at the magpies.

Would be a huge loss IMO. He was great this year.

Not a huge surprise, Hammo suggested a few months ago that Fly was on the move. The fact that it has happened after only one year is worrying.

Would seem increasingly clear that there are some major personality issues going on in the footy department. Voss is as good as sacked at the end of 2011 in my mind. Will take something pretty special next season to change that. What a shame. :/

Not a huge surprise, Hammo suggested a few months ago that Fly was on the move. The fact that it has happened after only one year is worrying.

Would seem increasingly clear that there are some major personality issues going on in the footy department. Voss is as good as sacked at the end of 2011 in my mind. Will take something pretty special next season to change that. What a shame. :/

I was thinking a few weeks ago as a hypothetical if there was a falling out between Voss and Hadley (and with the amount of departures we've had it's certainly possible) who would I rather keep. As much as I like Voss the answer was Hadley.

(that is presuming it's Voss and not one of the other members of the footy department that is causing these issues)

Wasn't Collins to blame for a lot of this?....maybe even though things with him have changed around a bit, others can see he is still there and would rather move on?....

If Vossy was so hard to get on with, I would've thought that it would've shown up when he was Captain....He would've been very vocal and issueing instructions back then...yet he seemed to have the utmost respect from the playing group..

If someone is an A-hole, it usually shows no matter what role they are playing..I just can't have it that Vossy is the main cause..

...just a thought from me though..

I would suggest more it has to do with the fact that his daughter still lives in Melbourne and I don't think it has worked out as well as he thought.

Also I don't think it is Voss who is having these personality clashes with people. It is Collins, but who hired him and refuses to fire the bloke......

Im not sure if it is down to one person, or if it just the entire setup that isn't working. It hasn't been ideal this year, we had people doing jobs they weren't ment to such as Collins and we haven't really hired any notable staff to try fix this since Voss started. To me, the club just isn't very attractive to be at right now for most people. We are one the way back down and this aren't very well sorted off the field.

We need a ripper off season, not on the field or training track, but off the field in staff and personal. Really hope this review sorts all that out.

Reported in today's Herald Sun that Craig McRae is posied to leave the Lions. According to the article he is considering a development role at the magpies.

Given the choice between the dysfunctional, penny pinching, crisis ridden set up he is in or the chance to be a part of what is acknowledged to be the best funded, pemier development system in the game the choice is not too hard - is it? Both from a day to day & CV perspective, if Fly has such an offer he is too smart not to give it every consideration.

That said, chopperduck hit the nail on the head.

chopperduck
Re: Football Department Watch
Im not sure if it is down to one person, or if it just the entire setup that isn't working. It hasn't been ideal this year, we had people doing jobs they weren't ment to such as Collins and we haven't really hired any notable staff to try fix this since Voss started. To me, the club just isn't very attractive to be at right now for most people. We are one the way back down and this aren't very well sorted off the field.

We need a ripper off season, not on the field or training track, but off the field in staff and personal. Really hope this review sorts all that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, i can always tell when i've made a post on my iphone. Many more spelling errors than usual.
Just as well the Spelling Nazi is on leave. You'd be now publicly outed and humiliated and made to correct all your errors. :D

Sacking Voss after 3 years does nothing. Success next year will be based upon the improvement of Rich, Redden, Clark, Luenberger, Banfield, Rockliff, Proud. The ability to keep Adcock, Drummond, Maguire and Brown on the field. Our drafting and development of our new recruits. As far as i am concerned we are in this with Voss for the longterm, you hire an untried coach you need him to do his apprenticeship, they take 4 years.

Sacking Voss after 3 years does nothing. Success next year will be based upon the improvement of Rich, Redden, Clark, Luenberger, Banfield, Rockliff, Proud. The ability to keep Adcock, Drummond, Maguire and Brown on the field. Our drafting and development of our new recruits. As far as i am concerned we are in this with Voss for the longterm, you hire an untried coach you need him to do his apprenticeship, they take 4 years.

Couldn't agree more - surely there is no way this would be an option - i think we should resign him and extend his contract now.:D With so much crap happening at our club lets get on the front foot and do something positive! :thumbsu:

Hammo won't be happy that he was beaten to the punch to report on the sacking of his punching bag du jour. In fact I can sense an article coming in 3...2...1...

Collins moves on from the Lions

The Brisbane Lions AFC advises that Chief Operating Officer of Football Dan Collins has parted company with the Club after two seasons as a senior member of the Lions' Football Department.

Collins - a four-time Olympian who has also previously held key roles with the Sydney City Roosters and the International Rugby Board - will cease his official Club duties effective immediately and begin focussing on a new challenge.

dancollins.jpg

Good news, now lets rebuild for the future and let Vossy have a fair crack in 2011 after a poor 2010.

Why is it good news? What is that you know that he has done that makes you celebrate his departure?

Do we really need you to be negative aswell as the Media??? By all reports alot of people at the Lions didn't like the way Collins operated so I can't see it being a bad thing that he is leaving.:confused:

Do we really need you to be negative aswell as the Media??? By all reports alot of people at the Lions didn't like the way Collins operated so I can't see it being a bad thing that he is leaving.:confused:

Negative? Not sure what you mean. You had better explain that to me.

We only know from hearsay that Justin Sherman did not get on with him and also fronm one of the Brothers and for all the love of the Brothers get around here by some not everyone in AFLQ land had that much time for them.

FWIW from an outsider looking in it seems to me that he was not the boys club footy fit.

I ask the question I put to you again. Why is it good news? What are we now guaranteed?

Negative? Not sure what you mean. You had better explain that to me.

We only know from hearsay that Justin Sherman did not get on with him and also fronm one of the Brothers and for all the love of the Brothers get around here by some not everyone in AFLQ land had that much time for them.

FWIW from an outsider looking in it seems to me that he was not the boys club footy fit.

I ask the question I put to you again. Why is it good news? What are we now guaranteed?

Is it bad news that Collins is leaving??

Is it bad news that Collins is leaving??

No idea but that is not the point.

It looks like he has been moved on as not being the right fit but it is not a reason to celebrate. There is nothing to celebrate or be happy at.

As supporters, just like the club will, we should just move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back