Football Dept Garage Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

I fear I have probably missed the boat on that one!

How come you are coming over? Ashes?

I went today... entertaining day but an absolute scorcher in the crowd

Nah family holiday. Flew in this morning. Should have gone to the WACA! I would have been at Punt Rd tomorrow and would have gladly picked you up something too.

I told you guys not to buy up all the Sherrins!

I got there half an hour early and there was still around 80 people already cued up!
:(

Got there around 9:15, was in the first 15 to get let into the sale :cool:

picked up a couple of Sherrins for $25 each (i work at Sherrin and cant get them that cheap ha ha), a pair of Richo's footy shorts and a couple of warm up tops. good $85 spent.

How did everyone else go??

The line was massive by around 9:50, couldnt believe it.

Just got back, i got there at 10,15, the queue strected to 40 metres short of punt road! after waiting 45 mins in the line i had progressed to within 50 metres of the admin building where the sale was taking place. Line was 3 - 4 deep.

Gotta bag the club on this! There seemed to be no plan B - It's fine to expect people to stand in line for 90 mins but eventually these people will get pissed off by this treatment. I did not see any attempt to move the merchandise to another area - perhaps a trestle table set up outside along the back of the old grandstand. Some one told me it was all in a small room that perhaps only a handful of people could get into at a time.

This 80's mentality - piss poor. I don't accept that the club underestimated the response - they put it on the club website and posted it on fan forums. The week before Xmas, what did they expect ????? Really bad organisation by the club , such a pity really.

I am lucky enough to live 10 mins walk from the club so will go ack at around 3 to see if anything is left.

In all fairness Peejay i think that was plan 'b'. Im pretty sure it was meant to be in the car park i thought i read somewhere, but the heavens opened up and they seemed to be moving stuff back to inside.

Couldnt justify having all that stock out in the rain. Admittingly it would of been nice to have a bit more space, but at least they are doing this kind of stuff for the fans.

Standing 5m from the glass doors, can't judge how much further to go. What's my chance of getting anything decent ya reckon? 1hr 40 wait so far.

I got there around 9.45am and there was already a big line. Probably a few hundred people. I finally got in at around 10.30am and there wasn't anything good left.

No Lids, Cotch, Martin or Richo tops left. I also don't remember seeing any footballs when I got in. The only thing I bought was a Jake King training top for $30 bucks. So really it took me a 45 min drive, 45 min wait, 30 bucks and a 45min drive home to get a Jake King training jumper. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had one of the guys from work email the property steward during the week and he said there were no 'good' player jumpers available. i enquired about Cousins, Richo, Lids, Cotch and Riewoldt. Couple may of slipped into the piles though.

I had one of the guys from work email the property steward during the week and he said there were no 'good' player jumpers available. i enquired about Cousins, Richo, Lids, Cotch and Riewoldt. Couple may of slipped into the piles though.

Yeah I asked and got told they were gone. There might have been a few of each player in there but obviously they would have all been gone by the first 5 people.

Just got back, i got there at 10,15, the queue strected to 40 metres short of punt road! after waiting 45 mins in the line i had progressed to within 50 metres of the admin building where the sale was taking place. Line was 3 - 4 deep.

Gotta bag the club on this! There seemed to be no plan B - It's fine to expect people to stand in line for 90 mins but eventually these people will get pissed off by this treatment. I did not see any attempt to move the merchandise to another area - perhaps a trestle table set up outside along the back of the old grandstand. Some one told me it was all in a small room that perhaps only a handful of people could get into at a time.

This 80's mentality - piss poor. I don't accept that the club underestimated the response - they put it on the club website and posted it on fan forums. The week before Xmas, what did they expect ????? Really bad organisation by the club , such a pity really.

I am lucky enough to live 10 mins walk from the club so will go ack at around 3 to see if anything is left.

Got there at 10am and waited in line for over an hour - not much variety mainly heaps of training tops and shorts, no surprise there were no footy's left.

Have to agree with PJ on this, not very well organised by the club. I thought it could have been done much much better.

If that was "plan B", perhaps they could have gone back to plan A when the weather settled.

Got the last black and yellow short sleeved guernsey,its a bit trashed but it'll do. There are only white short sleeved ones left, or long sleeved black and yellow ones which look cool.
Got a footy, are these real Sherrin's? I assume they are training ones?
Overall a worthwhile experience, recommend bringing your headphones to numb the pain of standing in line!

I got there at 10:10 or so, took nearly 2 hours to get in. Jumpers were freakin' #31, #50, #44 or something like that. All pre-season, most long sleeved. Shorts were massive (wouldnt have got them anyway), pants massive.

No sausage sizzle (EASY MONEY RFC FOR GODS SAKE). Don't send me letters asking for money when all you have to do is fire up a bloody barbeque!

I liked the part where I got in and had been there for probably 2 minutes and then the guy said '5 more minutes guys'.

Got there at 9.10. Was 6th in the line. Bought 3 jumpers. A pair of pants and 2010 Media polo for 10 bucks. Also picked up a Sherrin. A lady bought 3 in front of me which was in my mind not fair so I was gonna get more but to be fair grabbed only one. Also grabbed a pair of training shorts and thats about it.

Could have spent longer in there trying to decide but there were NO Richo or Cousins tops at all. These all went for auction. JR8 and Lids all went straight away with Cothcins going as well..

So yeah, I did well. Pity the set up was not the best but yeah. I could have bought wway more.

Got the last black and yellow short sleeved guernsey,its a bit trashed but it'll do. There are only white short sleeved ones left, or long sleeved black and yellow ones which look cool.
Got a footy, are these real Sherrin's? I assume they are training ones?
Overall a worthwhile experience, recommend bringing your headphones to numb the pain of standing in line!

yep they are the real deal, this years training balls. in fairly decent condition too which is awesome

In all fairness Peejay i think that was plan 'b'. Im pretty sure it was meant to be in the car park i thought i read somewhere, but the heavens opened up and they seemed to be moving stuff back to inside.

Couldnt justify having all that stock out in the rain. Admittingly it would of been nice to have a bit more space, but at least they are doing this kind of stuff for the fans.

What sell gear that is old, and that cannot be sold when the sponsors are annouced? Hmm cash only as well funny about that.

I hope they donated some stuff to worthy sporting causes.:cool:

It only gets worse. I got there at 3.45 and it was tumbleweeds !!!

Joint was locked , emplty boxes strewn all over the joint , nobody in sight.

Memo to RFC IF YOU ADVERTISE SOMETHING WILL BE ON FROM 10AM TO 4PM THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE THERE TO AT LEAST TELL PEOPLE YOU HAVE SOLD OUT - OR AT THE VERY LEAST PUT A BLOODY SIGN ON THE DOOR APOLOGISING AND SAYING THE SAME.

It just not good enough in this day and age. I don't need any of the stuff they were selling so i don't really care that i got nothing out of it , but as a PR exercise it was a effing joke.

Lift your game RFC.

What sell gear that is old, and that cannot be sold when the sponsors are annouced? Hmm cash only as well funny about that.

I hope they donated some stuff to worthy sporting causes.:cool:

Do you offer eftpos when you hold a garage sale?

What else are they meant to do with it? No point moving it into the new rooms, taking up space.

I agree though, hopefully they did donate some stuff to sporting clubs stuck by floods etc. It wouldnt be right if they didnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Dept Garage Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back