Football Dept Garage Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you offer eftpos when you hold a garage sale?

What else are they meant to do with it? No point moving it into the new rooms, taking up space.

I agree though, hopefully they did donate some stuff to sporting clubs stuck by floods etc. It wouldnt be right if they didnt.

No i don't offer eftpos at a gargae sale i would hold however cash only should have been mentioned when this event was put on the website and when this forum was used to advertise it. I alos notice no mention hear or on the website that they sold out at 1.30. Also just a slight difference between a suburban garage sale and a event put on by a professional sporting club.

What else are thye meant to do with it? I have no problem with them selling it to the fans , in fact that was a good idea - they way they did it is what my beef is about.

Given they are moving into the new indigenous centre i would hope that some of the gear was sent to some of the indig communities.

Don't get me wrong the club would have made some good cash doing this, but i wonder how many people felt slightly burnt by the experience.

It only gets worse. I got there at 3.45 and it was tumbleweeds !!!

Joint was locked , emplty boxes strewn all over the joint , nobody in sight.

Memo to RFC IF YOU ADVERTISE SOMETHING WILL BE ON FROM 10AM TO 4PM THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE THERE TO AT LEAST TELL PEOPLE YOU HAVE SOLD OUT - OR AT THE VERY LEAST PUT A BLOODY SIGN ON THE DOOR APOLOGISING AND SAYING THE SAME.

It just not good enough in this day and age. I don't need any of the stuff they were selling so i don't really care that i got nothing out of it , but as a PR exercise it was a effing joke.

Lift your game RFC.

Give it a rest mate. You want someone to wait around all day for you who rocked up at 3:45pm when it sounds like they sold out in the morning. Its a Saturday, harden up princess.

Alright lets be realistic.
Yeah the amount of people that rocked up was massive, they did not expect this. But then again if we did, how can we expect some gear to still be there by 4!
The gear was never going to last all day. If you were that keen you would have goten there early, and if you did and were stuck in the queue. Then it is just bad luck.
Cash only did not need to be mentioned, Grage Sale like mentioned above, how is a normal garage sale run? The name of the day concludes most issues. Plus if anyone was a but curious as to what today might have been, contatc the club, tell them that things are unclear and what the go is. No need to come on here and complain after they let the fans purchase old gear. You have to be realsitic when looking at the point of today and the club, obviously junder estimated the amount of people turning up. Now they know for future. Also wether is was moved inside because of the weather from outside. No one knows but they did all they could, I am grateful for them doing this, not only cos I was thier early and got some gear. But the chance to buy some old gear is a great opportunity. I think we should support it for future. Organistation may need work, but overall the club was succesful and isnt that what its all about? The club!!

/end of rant

Just got back, i got there at 10,15, the queue strected to 40 metres short of punt road! after waiting 45 mins in the line i had progressed to within 50 metres of the admin building where the sale was taking place. Line was 3 - 4 deep.

Gotta bag the club on this! There seemed to be no plan B - It's fine to expect people to stand in line for 90 mins but eventually these people will get pissed off by this treatment. I did not see any attempt to move the merchandise to another area - perhaps a trestle table set up outside along the back of the old grandstand. Some one told me it was all in a small room that perhaps only a handful of people could get into at a time.

This 80's mentality - piss poor. I don't accept that the club underestimated the response - they put it on the club website and posted it on fan forums. The week before Xmas, what did they expect ????? Really bad organisation by the club , such a pity really.

I am lucky enough to live 10 mins walk from the club so will go ack at around 3 to see if anything is left.

You stole my trestle table idea.;)

I stood in line for 1hr 45. Hadn't thought of the cash only thing either, luckily I had $35. Plenty of #30, 13, 6, 33, 34, 38, 42. If I'd had the cash I'd have bought a XL yellow #44 but went with a medium #22 for my nephew. I'm sure the fact Nason never wore it won't bother him.

Well i for one for ther eat 10 15? for in at about 11 45 left at 12.. No BBQ... Room was so small..

I purchased..
Nathan Brown Jumper
Mitch Farmer Jumper
Matthew Dea jumper.. All for 90 bucks.. So the 2 hour wait was kinda worth it in the end.

Didn't see any footys though..

Give it a rest mate. You want someone to wait around all day for you who rocked up at 3:45pm when it sounds like they sold out in the morning. Its a Saturday, harden up princess.

No just a sign on the door would have been enough. Instead of what looked like it was still going on but not a staff membr to be seen. BTW there were a few others who were ther at that time as well.

Its called doing the right things by the fans, not just grabbing the money and running.

If they'd had half a dozen trestle tables set up outside, with a BBQ and a coffee machine they would have made an easy extra couple of grand and been out of there by 12.

Exactly, Its the diff between "they tried hard" and "doing a job properly".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No dickwad just a sign on the door would have been enough. Instead of what looked like it was still going on but not a staff membr to be seen. BTW there were a few others who were ther at that time as well.

Its called doing the right things by the fans, not just grabbing the money and running.

I'm confused Pee Jay , you gave me red card for calling you a w***er after you gave me an English lesson on something I typed and you did that in a demeaning manner which is why I called you a w***er.

You told me that i was not to use abuse and you'd give me more than a week next time. I think it's time you gave your self a week off. I saw the error of my ways and have not used vicious words like w***er again on this board and I am extremly offended to see you use the term dickwad and obviously abusing amcre because he used a very common saying " toughen up princess " that is no where near offensive.

If you don't give yourself a week can one of the other mods give you one. I'd just like to see some consistancy.

Peejay is right. It was not done in the best way possible. They did an excellent job in selling all the gear and footy's, but it just seemed so unorganised. They needed something happening outside because the wait was unbelievable. I got there just before 11 and got in at about 12, I didn't mind waiting, but plenty off people around me were getting pissed off and quite a few even left because they were sick of waiting. They had no mention in the email of cash only, a mate of mine had to run a fair way to get money out for him and I.

On the plus side, got myself three jumpers, they only had long sleeves when I got in, but got talking to the lady that was working and she said she had a few jumpers left and got one of the guys to go and get them to show me, quality numbers too! One being Relton's, the other two were Cotch's and Titch's, so extremely happy with those two. The shorts being 2 for $10 was amazing. All in all, came out happier than I expected, I was bracing myself for disappointment. Skins would have been good for footy time but all that was left was extra large. Oh well, good day for me.

Why did the club not sell this stuff online it would have made more money and we are all about making more money.
If it was online people from outer state could have taken part.
Very poor Richmond

Peejay is right. It was not done in the best way possible. They did an excellent job in selling all the gear and footy's, but it just seemed so unorganised. They needed something happening outside because the wait was unbelievable. I got there just before 11 and got in at about 12, I didn't mind waiting, but plenty off people around me were getting pissed off and quite a few even left because they were sick of waiting. They had no mention in the email of cash only, a mate of mine had to run a fair way to get money out for him and I.

On the plus side, got myself three jumpers, they only had long sleeves when I got in, but got talking to the lady that was working and she said she had a few jumpers left and got one of the guys to go and get them to show me, quality numbers too! One being Relton's, the other two were Cotch's and Titch's, so extremely happy with those two. The shorts being 2 for $10 was amazing. All in all, came out happier than I expected, I was bracing myself for disappointment. Skins would have been good for footy time but all that was left was extra large. Oh well, good day for me.

**** me, I'm pissed off. I asked them if there was any Cotchin jumpers and they said they were all sold out. You came after me and you got one.:mad:

**** me, I'm pissed off. I asked them if there was any Cotchin jumpers and they said they were all sold out. You came after me and you got one.:mad:

Sorry mate, not sure why they would do that. They brought out more jumpers when I was in there. Most of them were training but I was fortunate enough. Not sure why, but the lady was pretty nice to me. Maybe it was because I got talking to her. Used some magic.

Sorry mate, not sure why they would do that. They brought out more jumpers when I was in there. Most of them were training but I was fortunate enough. Not sure why, but the lady was pretty nice to me. Maybe it was because I got talking to her. Used some magic.

lol, no need to apologise mate. It's not that much of a big deal just really wanted a Cotchin jumper!

No dickwad just a sign on the door would have been enough. Instead of what looked like it was still going on but not a staff membr to be seen. BTW there were a few others who were ther at that time as well.

With respect Peejay, moderators shouldn't use that kind of language. It brings down the respect that goes along with being a mod. I've been carded for calling that Collingwood idiot Morgoth less than that (though it was on the main board).

Sounds like they didn't think so many people were going to turn up. At least that is indicative of how people feel about our club when it's the middle of the Cricket season!

With respect Peejay, moderators shouldn't use that kind of language. It brings down the respect that goes along with being a mod. I've been carded for calling that Collingwood idiot Morgoth less than that (though it was on the main board).

Sounds like they didn't think so many people were going to turn up. At least that is indicative of how people feel about our club when it's the middle of the Cricket season!

You'd have to think that if they sent an email to 40,000+ Members that they would get a fair turn out.

You'd have to think that if they sent an email to 40,000+ Members that they would get a fair turn out.

Email to 40 000, the week before xmas, mentioned on all the major footy websites - what were they thinking, 2 men and a dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Dept Garage Sale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back