Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont mind a little hype in a game in the commentators but it has to be believable. I love hearing soccer goals going off at a late goal. But in AFL it either feels like our commentators want the hype to be about them or you can just feel the disappointment bias coming through the screen when their favourite concedes

Struggles to describe the game accurately and succinctly whilst in congestion/chaos, and struggles to nail the big moments.
You've got it wrong on him Grasshopper.

When he started as a racecaller he was poor and through sheer hard work and attention to detail he's going to end up as an all time great.

He'll be the same in footy. He just isn't attuned to footy speak and the way many fans like to hear it but he'll learn and adjust very quickly. He has a broadcaster's excellent eye for the detail and just needs experience.

He's still calling races full time so how he fits in footy don't know. But he's been nailing the big moments in racing quite exquisitely for some time now. There's no bigger more nerve wracking moment in sport in this country than calling the Melbourne Cup and he's put himself on a pedestal the last couple of years. He's a better caller than Bruce was and Bruce started out when he was about 14.

The other strange thing about footy broadcasters is that every time I see the vision with the radio broadcast feed the radio broadcasters are extremely accurate nearly every time whereas the TV ones often have no idea.

Which means the TV networks think there's more value in personalities rather than accurate broadcasters.

I've got to admit to an unexpected fetish.

I quite enjoy the Thursday night games.
think the queensland and nsw clubs should push for thursday night games to be all year round and for a queensland / nsw club to be guaranteed to appear on the thursday.... nrl plays on thursdays for their entire season so it would make sense to be trying to compete for viewers if afl is serious about growing the game up north.

Another Thursday night with no footy. You have blown it, AFL.

I read a book while watching some of the BMW international, was a lovely evening!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true Jonathan Brown is from Troy?

Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

Another Thursday night with no footy. You have blown it, AFL.

Suns/Roos and Port/Bulldogs on at exactly the same time 1:45 Saturday arvo. Suns/roos would have been a perfect Thusday night game - 2 young, upcoming teams. Give them the exposure they need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back