Competitions Football season - No Crowds Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
How would you feel if 2020 is called off, suspended, greatly reduced in games, closed doors etc. etc.

I was holding off but the NBA has been suspended ,,,

the Italian domestic, champions league and other association football has been affected too which is a big deal given the money at play.

If we used the cars as an example it seems the MElbourne club mob want their money but the afl is not a one off event its going for a long time whats the go?

Last edited:
  • Banned

But it later turned out that Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for coronavirus, according to The Athletic.

Last edited:

I don't think we are at season being cancelled or postponed just yet.

But crowd lock outs will almost certainly happen round 1 or round 2 IMO.

The NBA had to fully shut down due to a positive test coming through. that player had still been playing in the 4 days prior to the results so the amount of people that could have been passed on to already is huge.

• Banned

The NBA had to fully shut down due to a positive test coming through. that player had still been playing in the 4 days prior to the results so the amount of people that could have been passed on to already is huge.

dortmond ( big, yellow and black, german soccer team) are saying they lose like 5 million a (home) game due to lock out games

the afl loves their money

do they wait for someone (afl footballer) to be positive with the virus? or be proactive

then he said he was going to smack blokes if the ref doesnt give him more calls

Lol, so that's what he said when it got a bit feisty! I don't follow the Jazz, or Gobert for that matter, but I do enjoy a big angry sportsman. Gobert would look good in Yellow and Black.

dortmond ( big, yellow and black, german soccer team) are saying they lose like 5 million a (home) game due to lock out games

do they wait for someone (afl footballer) to be positive with the virus? or be proactive

I think they will wait like all the other sports have before considering full closure.

they are already being pro active with lock out games, as are the individual clubs.

The other problem the AFL have with delaying the season are the ground contracts and the overlapping into cricket.

I'm not sure how much empty space the grounds have in Sept / October if we were to push it out by a month or so, but if history has shown anything its that when it comes to ground allocation and ground rights, Cricket and AFL don't play nice with one another.

so it would maybe be a shortened season if anything drastic was to happen.

It won’t be their decision. If Federal government decide to suspend mass gatherings AFL doesn’t have a choice in the matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Serious is the Coronavirus? Infectious Disease Expert Michael Osterholm Explains | Joe Rogan" on YouTube

this was sent to me by my plumber son who has been a bit bah hum bug about it
The piece does seem to be well balanced and stacks up well to the stuff I’ve been hearing from the Epidemiologists here at work

Again this is stupidity, are they shutting down shopping centres where large numbers of people congregate?, are they shutting down churches? Are they shutting down public transport? Or is it just sporting events?

It won’t be their decision. If Federal government decide to suspend mass gatherings AFL doesn’t have a choice in the matter.
The player can contract the virus at his local fish and chip shop

Again this is stupidity, are they shutting down shopping centres where large numbers of people congregate?, are they shutting down churches? Are they shutting down public transport? Or is it just sporting events?

In Wuhan, where they have had a reasonably good outcome, yes. They did. They shut the joint down. They also opened 16 temporary hospitals to deal with the influx of around 12 thousand sick people. The same response, which folks from Western democracies see as a bit over the top, also seems to be working in Hong Kong and Singapore.

Sport is a rare case, too. When I go to the shops, I don't sit a hand's breadth from a stranger for 3 hours. And there's generally not 90 thousand people in my local Woolies.

Agree it makes no sense to shut down some but not others, but these are the guidelines currently in play at the moment.

at what point does it then shift to shutting down shopping centers, who knows.

Different scale but with the lockdown in Italy you need special permission to go down to the supermarket to get supplies.

In Wuhan, where they have had a reasonably good outcome, yes. They did. They shut the joint down. They also opened 16 temporary hospitals to deal with the influx of around 12 thousand sick people. The same response, which folks from Western democracies see as a bit over the top, also seems to be working in Hong Kong and Singapore.

Sport is a rare case, too. When I go to the shops, I don't sit a hand's breadth from a stranger for 3 hours. And there's generally not 90 thousand people in my local Woolies.

unless there is a toilet paper sale..

we aren't far off. one club player found to have the virus and at least games will be suspended.

we aren't far off. one club player found to have the virus and at least games will be suspended.

yeah no doubt about that, 1 positive case and it will go down as similiar path as the NBA for sure.

This info came from a nurse:

The tricky part with the virus itself is it is most transmittable 4 days prior to showing any symptoms and there is a greater chance of re catching it rather than what we experience with the flu.

so much can happen in those 4 days, its crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back