2nds FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS v COLLINGWOOD Saturday 27th August, 12:00 PM @WO

Remove this Banner Ad

Stringers doing okay.Being triple teamed freeing up other players.The same as his presence demands in the 1s.

I wish he would stop standing around throwing his arms in the air for a free when one of his team mates tackles a Collingwood player. He might be better off going in and helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is actually really good at leading at the ball carrier. Because of his speed he can take some real easy marks.

He just refuses to be a lead up option and that's massively disappointing.
I don't agree he's really good at it. He's quick but he doesn't time things well and his repeat leads are nonexistent. Lead-out forward play doesn't come naturally to him at all. It's made to look worse because we don't have a lot of natural forwards on the list. Just mids who can rest there.

I don't agree he's really good at it. He's quick but he doesn't time things well and his repeat leads are nonexistent. Lead-out forward play doesn't come naturally to him at all. It's made to look worse because we don't have a lot of natural forwards on the list. Just mids who can rest there.
Our list contains 3 forwards:
T Boyd - getting better each week
Redpath - out for 12 months
Dickson - above VFL standard but not great at afl

We need more!

I mean he has the attributes to do it and when he executes it well their is no one better.

Quite simply Stringer is the most out of form player in the league right now and yes their is danger in not selecting him for the finals. But he's just as likely to get absolutely chewed up by McGovern or Barass or any sort of intercepting defender, because his refusal to compete is non existent.

We need more!
Bit harsh on Dickson I think but I agree for the most part. Fingers crossed our coach/recruiters don't come from the "flank = extra midfielders" school of thought but I'm getting a bit worried they do...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need more!

Realistically, Tom Boyd isnt a forward. Hes a ruck. I mean regardless of what you think hed be better at, we have decided that he will be used as a ruck. So thats what he is.

Also, Dickson isnt great at AFL? He kicked 50 goals last season. FIFTY. GOALS. When was the last time a player who was barely AFL standard kicked 50 goals?! Youre clueless.

Realistically, Tom Boyd isnt a forward. Hes a ruck. I mean regardless of what you think hed be better at, we have decided that he will be used as a ruck. So thats what he is.

Also, Dickson isnt great at AFL? He kicked 50 goals last season. FIFTY. GOALS. When was the last time a player who was barely AFL standard kicked 50 goals?! Youre clueless.
Calm down

It says a lot about Witts & Cox that they're struggling up forward against a team that doesn't have a KPD. Maybe they just can't read the wind at all

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS v COLLINGWOOD Saturday 27th August, 12:00 PM @WO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back