Footscray PM now in the lodge!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't care less who she goes for.

Funny thing about conservatives, though - whinge and bitch about everything but offer absolutely nothing in the way of a solution. Some of the comments in this thread are a testament to that.

Couldn't care less who she goes for.

Funny thing about conservatives, though - whinge and bitch about everything but offer absolutely nothing in the way of a solution. Some of the comments in this thread are a testament to that.
:thumbsu:

The fact of the matter is that the government has kept Australia OUT of the greatest global financial crisis for many years and yet Conservatives still bleat about the economy.

The Libs made a heap of cash by taking things out of the ground and selling it overseas. Pity they didn't spend any money on infrastructure etc while they had the opportunity.

u have no idea fred

its because of people like you voting them back in that we are in this mess

by the way, there will be another election in 1 year and the Ranga will get the arse then, believe me !

Unfortunately you are an advocate for your own argument. With the uneducated comments you have made in this post, its no wonder Australian politics is where it is now.

A number of voters deciced to trash their say by polling donkey votes based on the advice from spitefull Latham... Fool them.
You have to realise and accept that people's opinions differ when it comes to the management of the economy, education, health, environment and national border defence strategies.
The result of the August election clearly shows that Australians en mass are unsure of either party to any degree that they can be trusted on their own merrit.

To ridicule voters of a party you dont like because their views differ from yours is stupid, and if you're going to make comments about interest rates, debt and spending budgets, at least get your facts right.

Finally,

Before you make the assumption that I voted Labour, I voted Liberal in the Senate.

Unfortunately you are an advocate for your own argument. With the uneducated comments you have made in this post, its no wonder Australian politics is where it is now.

A number of voters deciced to trash their say by polling donkey votes based on the advice from spitefull Latham... Fool them.
You have to realise and accept that people's opinions differ when it comes to the management of the economy, education, health, environment and national border defence strategies.
The result of the August election clearly shows that Australians en mass are unsure of either party to any degree that they can be trusted on their own merrit.

To ridicule voters of a party you dont like because their views differ from yours is stupid, and if you're going to make comments about interest rates, debt and spending budgets, at least get your facts right.

Finally,

Before you make the assumption that I voted Labour, I voted Liberal in the Senate.

i couldnt care less who you vote for - i agree with what you said earlier that they are all as bad as each other - however, we must vote for someone, and i would rather support a party that doesnt back stab their leader like gillard did to rudd, and i dont support a party that does a dirty deal with the greens which was not up front with the australian public to begin with, and i would rather support a party that is keen on reducing debt instead of spending more money like labor feel the need to do continually. ( Insulation debarcle, schools debarcle ) (Disgrace ! )

Finally, i find it outrageous that across the country, there were apparetnly around 400,000 more votes for the liberal national coalition, and yet labor still gets in ! Thats disgusting if you ask me!

simple fact of the matter is that labor spends the money, liberal comes in and fixes the mess that labor create, but each to their own i suppose....

cheers

i couldnt care less who you vote for - i agree with what you said earlier that they are all as bad as each other - however, we must vote for someone, and i would rather support a party that doesnt back stab their leader like gillard did to rudd, and i dont support a party that does a dirty deal with the greens which was not up front with the australian public to begin with, and i would rather support a party that is keen on reducing debt instead of spending more money like labor feel the need to do continually. ( Insulation debarcle, schools debarcle ) (Disgrace ! )

Finally, i find it outrageous that across the country, there were apparetnly around 400,000 more votes for the liberal national coalition, and yet labor still gets in ! Thats disgusting if you ask me!

simple fact of the matter is that labor spends the money, liberal comes in and fixes the mess that labor create, but each to their own i suppose....

cheers

I understand the frustration, but blame the constitution for allowing that.

cheers

How did Abbott get the leadership of the Libs again??

Knife.jpg

Exactly :confused: I find it highly amusing that wian completely skipped your post and quoted someone else. Even the interest rates thing is straight out of a Liberal ad. How did Howard go at "Keeping interest rates low" in his final term?

People need to spend less time watching the ads that the parties run and more time doing some actual research to make up their own mind... cause I swear 50% of votes are decided on misinformation.

I find that most people who vote liberal struggle with that question. Unfortunately most people will believe the spin from their side of the political continuum and will dismiss out of hand any other information as biased or misinformed. I really struggled to vote this year because both major parties were doing their best John Howard impersonation. What finally swung me was Labour's education policy, which while not ideal was much better than the opposition's non-existent one. I live in Melbourne's west even the private schools are struggling here.

It's not a good look having this clown associated with our football club. I wouldn't imagine that sponsors would be happy providing product support to a club that is supported by a PM who has turned her back on the people who she is supposed to represent.
I wouldn't imagine that sponsors would be happy associating their brand with the worst PM in the history on mankind.

It's not a good look having this clown associated with our football club. I wouldn't imagine that sponsors would be happy providing product support to a club that is supported by a PM who has turned her back on the people who she is supposed to represent.
I wouldn't imagine that sponsors would be happy associating their brand with the worst PM in the history on mankind.

i am glad someone around here is also talking sense :thumbsu: This country will be a basket case if the uneducated continue to get their way

If the uneducated get their way (and I'm not sure why they shouldn't, since a lack of education doesn't imply that their democratic preferences shouldn't be considered), our next PM will be Tony Abbott.

It's interesting reading this thread and pairing political views with regular posters. It gives me a vastly different impression of the character behind the posts.

The real problem is any form of leadership is completely lacking from either side of politics in Australia. Gillard is merely a product of our current political reality and if Abbott was leader under the same circumstances he would be equally hamstrung.

I blame forced electoral voting which causes a race to the bottom to snatch votes from people that may not be involved if the process was not obligatory.

Fact is she gets our colours on TV and I feel we must be grateful for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the uneducated get their way (and I'm not sure why they shouldn't, since a lack of education doesn't imply that their democratic preferences shouldn't be considered), our next PM will be Tony Abbott.

This man speaks the truth.

In the words of south park, and i paraphrase, when you vote, you are always going to have to choose between a douche and a terd.

Do you think it is easy trying to lead a minority government? If labour could govern in their own right, there would have been changes starting with stopping the live export of livestock.

So can anyone tell me what Abbot's policies actually are? He doesn't like scientists, he doesn't believe in climate change, he is a zealot Catholic, so say good bye to religious tolerance, he is racist, doesn't like or understand that if Australia sticks it's nose into other countries politics - ie Aghanistan and Iraq, that we have a moral responsibly to take some of the displaced persons as a result of the war - we were part of, his pre election budget had a black hole of $11 billion, so much for his economic management.

The hate media have been very successful with the ignorant and the gullible - a very sad time for Australia.

It is a good point Dogs r barking, why people consider Abbott as a decent alternative is beyond me.

Do you think it is easy trying to lead a minority government? If labour could govern in their own right, there would have been changes starting with stopping the live export of livestock.

So can anyone tell me what Abbot's policies actually are? He doesn't like scientists, he doesn't believe in climate change, he is a zealot Catholic, so say good bye to religious tolerance, he is racist, doesn't like or understand that if Australia sticks it's nose into other countries politics - ie Aghanistan and Iraq, that we have a moral responsibly to take some of the displaced persons as a result of the war - we were part of, his pre election budget had a black hole of $11 billion, so much for his economic management.

The hate media have been very successful with the ignorant and the gullible - a very sad time for Australia.

So, in short:

People who disagree with me = idiots
Catholics = ****wits not fit to lead the country (hope you would say the same if there was a Buddhist/Moslem/Hindu/C of E opposition leader or is it still OK to hate Catholics you pathetic bigot)
Look at the other guys!
Reporters less than sycophantic to the ALP = Hate Media

Good points all.

Hey I know what's a good idea, lets talk politics in the place we go to get away from things like politics right?

So, in short:

People who disagree with me = idiots
Catholics = ****wits not fit to lead the country (hope you would say the same if there was a Buddhist/Moslem/Hindu/C of E opposition leader or is it still OK to hate Catholics you pathetic bigot)
Look at the other guys!
Reporters less than sycophantic to the ALP = Hate Media

Good points all.

A Catholic crying "bigotry"? Wow.

Neither of the major parties sit well with me, but as has been said, I'm quite content seeing Bulldogs colours on our PM, regardless of how genuine it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back