Preview Footscray vs. Essendon, Docklands, 20/07/2014 @ 4:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think he thought it was OK to just make small footy talk, but I was pretty clear when I laughed and said "I don't really wanna talk about the Bombers today, if you know what I mean".. and he kept going.
Was his name Ian or Rory?

I had thought that Dell'olio was a certainty to come out (the whole team was so good that being the sub with 2 top line players to come in gave him no chance). Then it was out of Zac Merrett (rested only - his performance has been fantastic), Jackson Merrett, Howlett, Melksham for the other person to be omitted.
Melksham has been solid the last few weeks - but so has pretty much the whole team. I reckon he will be back after the bye and have a rest.
I like Melksham best when he plays a defensive run with role on the opponents second most dangerous midfielder. Eg Hocking tags and Melksham plays with a bit more of a defensive focus but still tries to win his own ball - i reckon that's his ideal role in the team.

Hibberd and Goddard are just massive ins and this shapes as an almost full strength team aside from Jobe and to a lesser extent Bellchambers. Confident in this one.

Melksham was poor against Melbourne and Adelaide. Possessions mean nothing in the scheme of things - Gee Swan had 20 possessions last week and was poor. Melksham has been solid the last 3 weeks. Beating Wingard and Swan in the last two weeks is decent form. Should have been dropped 4 or 5 weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melksham was poor against Melbourne and Adelaide. Possessions mean nothing in the scheme of things - Gee Swan had 20 possessions last week and was poor. Melksham has been solid the last 3 weeks. Beating Wingard and Swan in the last two weeks is decent form. Should have been dropped 4 or 5 weeks ago.
He was our best inside player against Adelaide.

It's funny though, when we were losing all we heard was how he should be dropped, all of a sudden we start winning and he is stiff to get the axe.

He's definitely picked up his game.

I thought he looked a lot more comfortable in his role, which has been not just a ball-winning mid.

He wouldn't have even tried that tap over Beams or a few of those play on from just outside 50 moments 6 weeks ago, his confidence is starting to return.

We genuinely have 23 guys who are best 21 (try picking a sub!) with Gleeson and some other bloke to come back, plus Bellchambers most likely on ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back