2nds Footscray vs Sandringham. Saturday, May 10th. 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Darley is a couple of seasons away but will be worth the weight once he can build up a good tank and frame
Just gets rag dolled off the ball, but uses the ball beautifully more often then not though

- Darley isn't as advanced as it would have expected having been in the system
I remember somebody saying they heard him say that his first pre-season with us was a complete and utter shock, they were pushed so hard compared to GWS where the majority of the players were young. Give him a year to understand our system and build his fitness up, and we can assess where he's at, at the beginning of next year. I'd be very surprised if he got a game this year but there's no reason why he can't be a good long-term player for us.

I think you already know the answer ;)
It's going to leave me with some pretty tough choices - in a month or so I'll be the owner of a #16, a #9, a #4 and a named Honeychurch #22. Whatever will I pick to wear each week?

Would be a good choice but I can't go past 21 for my new jumper.
Also an astute choice.
Have an un-numbered Hall of Fame guernsey, been considering #4, #11, #19 (just to stick it up the Jones haters), #21 and #42, to go with my Griffen, Stringer and Honeychurch jumpers.
Will probably go with Bontempelli.

Was going to write up a report, but I'll probably be just repeating a lot of what others have said. So just a few observations

- Honeychurch did a lot of the team things. Pressure acts, blocks, smothers etc I was impressed
- Hrovat looks well under done. Came off regularly getting legwork done and is definitely not moving as freely. Usually is quick off the mark and is agile in close, I didn't notice any of that
- Fuller has next to no tank. Was huffing and puffing a lot
- While it was a step in the right direction for Redpath, I still wouldn't have him under consideration for AFL. His leading while improving, is still a work in progress. He can be quite slow to react at times. He also needs to get better at manning up his direct opponent. There was one moment where he was just standing in the goal square, his opponent ran off him and it ended in a shot on goal
- Campbell and Cordy were up against a guy who had no idea in the ruck. While both guys played well, I was expecting a lot more from them given who they were up against. I was disappointed with Campbell's around the ground work especially
- Grant will sadly need a couple more games to get match fit
- Howard needs to tighten up on his man. Was a good game offensively, but his man got away from him a bit
- Talia can be caught in between attack and defense a bit at the moment. Obviously lacking in confidence
- Bontempelli is far too good for this level. We should be getting AFL games into him
- Darley does look like a good footballer. His first kick of the game to Cordy was awesome. Think he got a couple goals kicked on him however
- Prismall should be dropped. Honestly don't think he adds much to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the first three quarters and was very impressed with Howard's game. For a bloke that appears to have struggled, he played an impressive game and his delivery by foot was simply beautiful to watch. I hope he can now continue to put it all together.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Footscray vs Sandringham. Saturday, May 10th. 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back