Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
20 minute mark.
Approx. 30 words.
15 hand gestures.

Having a quiet day. Needs to lift his workrate.

Champion bloke, not made for TV.

Could be worse though, could have Ricky Olarenshaw (sp?) speaking at 100 words per minute with about 10% effictiveness/elegibility.

What've they talked about?

- kane and his bladder control, richmond's captaincy
- judd
- lucas's injury
- tunneling
- knights (was in the hot seat)
- melbourne's early struggle
- lack of freo youth

how has nobody even bothered to mention croad's injury? structure wise he's probably hawthorn's most important player and neither FC or foxtel's on the couch bothered to mention it :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- kane and his bladder control, richmond's captaincy
- judd
- lucas's injury
- tunneling
- knights (was in the hot seat)
- melbourne's early struggle
- lack of freo youth

how has nobody even bothered to mention croad's injury? structure wise he's probably hawthorn's most important player and neither FC or foxtel's on the couch bothered to mention it :mad:

Forgive my ignorance, but I missed the show. What exactly is tunneling?

When someone goes up for the mark and the defender takes his legs out from under him, causing him to misjudge the flight of the ball and land really badly. Banned in basketball, and starting to be noticeable in AFL, especially with Riewoldt this weekend.

Ignoring Archer for the moment this show has become a complete borefest. I would prefer to watch 'on the couch' (despite rarely agreeing with Walls and Sheehan). At least that show does not advertise itself or try to be something it's not.

when a player is in the air for the mark, and the defender behind him cleans him up by going for his lower body while still in the air

arch admitted to doing it and says there's no intent to hurt the bloke, just to "nudge" him under the flight of the ball

the danger is however that the bloke in the air is likely to get toppled sideways and even land on his head

A player goes up for a mark, the defender cannot spoil so they push their body under the players legs, causing the marking player to lose their balance and hit the ground hard. Happened to Riewoldt several times on the weekend.

Arch admitted to doing it, but was taken a bit out of context, he was attempting to say that he was guilty of trying to push his opponents under the ball, and sometimes they'd be in the air so tunnelling would result

edit: it appears heaps answered this whilst I was writing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Classified : Glenn Archer's stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back