Footy confessions

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand Jordan Lewis but I do admire him.

And I confess I like K Bartlett. A great shit stirrer and very entertaining

A confession.

I don't hate Collingwood anymore. I used to hate them the most back in the day, but ever since the 2011 grand final, I just stopped hating them. I can't explain it. I still enjoy beating them, but a neutral Collingwood win doesn't annoy me. I was barracking for Collingwood when they came back from behind against North, which I wouldn't have done in the past. I guess it could be because I don't watch them as much anymore. So I'm neither here nor there with them.

Another confession. I still think Geelong 07-11 were better than the current Hawthorn.

I also think that Hawthorn were at their best in 2012-2013.

A confession. I don't hate Collingwood anymore ....
Foxtel have had a History Month series going, some of the best games of a whole lot of seasons. I sat and picked a few games to record. 2002 R8 Collingwood v Brisbane turned out to be a great choice, the lineups of both teams were crackers that year and it's not surprising that the GF that year was one of the best I've seen.

I hate to hate on my own by my god some Hawthorn supporters are insufferably arrogant. By no means as bad as geelong, but wow. The ones that sit near me at the MCG are awful and need to stop making the stupid opsm jokes about the umpires. When no one laughs, it wasn't funny, don't repeat it.
Also stop changing your opinions on players so quickly. Friday everyone hates Hill then saturday he wants to leave and everyone thinks all of a sudden he's our best 22 and deserves a 1st round draft pick. Please, we would be lucky to get the stapler off Ross' desk for him.
And Schoenmakers is s*ithouse he always has been, he ruined last years grand final.

I hate to hate on my own by my god some Hawthorn supporters are insufferably arrogant. By no means as bad as geelong, but wow. The ones that sit near me at the MCG are awful and need to stop making the stupid opsm jokes about the umpires. When no one laughs, it wasn't funny, don't repeat it.
Also stop changing your opinions on players so quickly. Friday everyone hates Hill then saturday he wants to leave and everyone thinks all of a sudden he's our best 22 and deserves a 1st round draft pick. Please, we would be lucky to get the stapler off Ross' desk for him.
And Schoenmakers is s*ithouse he always has been, he ruined last years grand final.

#standbyschoenclangers

There are lots of old crows supporters who know nothing about football and continually yell KICK IT! when theres 5 defenders waiting down the line.

I dont hate port as much as many other teams in the competition.

I feel sorry for Essendon's players

I could honestly throttle some Essendon supporters who do exactly the same thing, "JUST KICK IT"

There are lots of old crows supporters who know nothing about football and continually yell KICK IT! when theres 5 defenders waiting down the line.

I dont hate port as much as many other teams in the competition.

I feel sorry for Essendon's players
Sounds like the Eagles members.

I didn't watch the Hawks threepeat on live TV.

In 2013 I was working on the day, and when I finally got to a TV, there was about one minute left in the last quarter and we couldn't lose.

So I used that as a good omen in both 2014 and 2015. In both years - even though I wasn't wasn't working - I have waited until just before the end to turn the game on and see what was happening. Stupid, huh?

Thoroughly enjoyed the DVDs, though.

You don't happen to sit in the same row as I do, do you? For the past few seasons I've had to listen to some of the worst supporters in the past 20-odd years of going to the footy.

Not just "KICK IT!"...but things like "WHO'S THAT? WHO'S THAT NUMBER 4". The Crows could be 10 goals up in the last quarter and they're cursing out the players for a turnover.

Not to mention the numpty relation of theirs who goes occasionally and chats to the person next to him him for the whole game.

The people in front of us, and to the sides are pretty good....but the dingbats behind us....

I didn't watch the Hawks threepeat on live TV.

In 2013 I was working on the day, and when I finally got to a TV, there was about one minute left in the last quarter and we couldn't lose.

So I used that as a good omen in both 2014 and 2015. In both years - even though I wasn't wasn't working - I have waited until just before the end to turn the game on and see what was happening. Stupid, huh?

Thoroughly enjoyed the DVDs, though.

We all have our quirks and superstitions, but I reckon you're mad :) Enjoy it mate, doesn't come around every year.

What I am saying, you're a Hawthorn supporter.

FWIW, I find it funny when my mates have a go at me or themselves for mozzing a players shot on goal. As if me sitting in my lounge room saying he can't miss has any bearing on what is actually occurring. We all do it though, but I've got to the point where I can just enjoy, say what I want and what happens happens. I say this because I used to do stupid things like you're saying all the time when I was younger. Really pretty pointless when I look back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually be wishing the Bombers well if I came across one fan in person who was filthy at the club and not just the AFL/ASADA over the drug saga. Actually be outspoken about it too, not just twiddling your thumbs coy waiting for Sheedy to give your balls a tickle and talk about the past.

All my Bombers mates couldn't even muster a slight criticism of the club. I can understand sticking tough against loose operations like the AFL & ASADA, and calling them out, but to not be furious at Hird and the club JUST ONCE is mind boggling.

Tippy is my fav non Saints player, and Joe Daniher is a fekkin ripper kid who I cross paths with from time to time :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I'd actually be wishing the Bombers well if I came across one fan in person who was filthy at the club and not just the AFL/ASADA over the drug saga.

All my Bombers mates couldn't even muster a slight criticism of the club. I can understand sticking tough against loose operations like the AFL & ASADA, and calling them out, but to not be furious at Hird and the club JUST ONCE is mind boggling.

Tippy is my fav non Saints player, and Joe Daniher is a fekkin ripper kid who I cross paths with from time to time :thumbsu:
I think anyone with an ounce of integrity would have turned there back on the bombers a few years ago.

I'd actually be wishing the Bombers well if I came across one fan in person who was filthy at the club and not just the AFL/ASADA over the drug saga.

On record as saying I've hated the golden locks for a long time and that this saga has been his fault.

FIGJAM.

I'd actually be wishing the Bombers well if I came across one fan in person who was filthy at the club and not just the AFL/ASADA over the drug saga. Actually be outspoken about it too, not just twiddling your thumbs coy waiting for Sheedy to give your balls a tickle and talk about the past.

How is any of this a confession?

For some reason Tipingwuti is my fav non freo player. Genuinely think hes good (pace and skill unreal) and love his attitude

You don't happen to sit in the same row as I do, do you? For the past few seasons I've had to listen to some of the worst supporters in the past 20-odd years of going to the footy.

Not just "KICK IT!"...but things like "WHO'S THAT? WHO'S THAT NUMBER 4". The Crows could be 10 goals up in the last quarter and they're cursing out the players for a turnover.

Not to mention the numpty relation of theirs who goes occasionally and chats to the person next to him him for the whole game.

The people in front of us, and to the sides are pretty good....but the dingbats behind us....

I dont go to many games. The ones I do go to, I sit somewhere different each time, yet there are always these people.

Its annoying theres a waiting list for members when there are so many people with no fking clue whats happening.

Ah well theyll die soon*

*yes i know im going to hell

Confession. I like Luke Hodge. He seems a top bloke...

Wish just one Dogs player had the same amount of shit in him combined with the ability to step up in big moments.

Essendon will finish bottom again in 2017, no way a team which has spent 12 months not playing competitive football will be in good enough shape to compete with the rest of the league. There list is not great anyway and would be a bottom 4 team regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy confessions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back