Footy Fanatic: 2013 List Project

Remove this Banner Ad

Yo. Just thought I'd make a shameless plug in the thread.

I've started up a footy fanatic league with these rosters (although I'm constantly editing them due to the mass usage they've been getting so I'm picking up on things. The league is of 16 teams with a draft to decide squads. At the end of every season teams retain 11 of their 34 players (but there's strategy to it, to retain a player you just use the same selection on them that you did in their last draft. I.E. I got Tom Mitchell in round 27 so if I were to retain him I'd use my 27th round pick in the next draft to keep him). Anyway, I'm looking at expanding the league from 16 to 18 teams at the end of the season and even if I don't, no doubt some managers will fall away or quit and they'll need replacing.

So if you're keen on being part of an established, successful (and semi-reliable, better a grumpy campaigner like me who does things even if they're late than a 14 year old kid who'll get bored within a week like we always see) and forgiving (if you **** up a draft or take over a shit team, it's very easy to recover due to the seasonal drafting) league - drop me a line and I'll let you know if we've got a spot.

Cheers

Skip

P.S. I've made enough changes to the rosters for it to constitute a pretty sizable update. To release them I'd have to transfer the edited players from my custom rosters to AFL ones which would be tedious as **** but then again I could probably just alphabetise both rosters and then replace them that way which'd be quicker but less forgiving if I **** it up, but anyway - I'd certainly prefer to wait until round 7-8 when we've got a better gauge on breakouts/improvements/declines to release them so if I haven't given another update by mid-may then chase me up here.

dont kmow if ayone can help me? i reset my computer to factory settings downloaded footy fanatic and now all i ever get is runtime error 9 subscript out of range. even on practice matches with 2007/2008 lists.... any ideas? yhanks in advance

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-2_20-25-5.png
    upload_2014-4-2_20-25-5.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you going to upload the GC and GWS files? Database barely even worth it without Gaz the sun god and the future GOAT Jeremy Cameron

Last edited:
I'll just keep mucking about with the updates and hopefully
It'll start working

Are you still having this problem? There was an old post from 2008 linking to some files that allowed the game to work. I'll post the link if I can find it again, but only if you are still having problems.

Are you still having this problem? There was an old post from 2008 linking to some files that allowed the game to work. I'll post the link if I can find it again, but only if you are still having problems.

Reinstalled windows and it started working fine :) dunno what went wrong the first time

I've started up a footy fanatic league with these rosters (although I'm constantly editing them due to the mass usage they've been getting so I'm picking up on things. The league is of 16 teams with a draft to decide squads. At the end of every season teams retain 11 of their 34 players (but there's strategy to it, to retain a player you just use the same selection on them that you did in their last draft. I.E. I got Tom Mitchell in round 27 so if I were to retain him I'd use my 27th round pick in the next draft to keep him). Anyway, I'm looking at expanding the league from 16 to 18 teams at the end of the season and even if I don't, no doubt some managers will fall away or quit and they'll need replacing.

So if you're keen on being part of an established, successful (and semi-reliable, better a grumpy **** like me who does things even if they're late than a 14 year old kid who'll get bored within a week like we always see) and forgiving (if you **** up a draft or take over a shit team, it's very easy to recover due to the seasonal drafting) league - drop me a line and I'll let you know if we've got a spot.

Cheers

Skip

P.S. I've made enough changes to the rosters for it to constitute a pretty sizable update. To release them I'd have to transfer the edited players from my custom rosters to AFL ones which would be tedious as **** but then again I could probably just alphabetise both rosters and then replace them that way which'd be quicker but less forgiving if I **** it up, but anyway - I'd certainly prefer to wait until round 7-8 when we've got a better gauge on breakouts/improvements/declines to release them so if I haven't given another update by mid-may then chase me up here.

So if you're keen on being part of an established, successful (and semi-reliable, better a grumpy **** like me who does things even if they're late than a 14 year old kid who'll get bored within a week like we always see) and forgiving (if you **** up a draft or take over a shit team, it's very easy to recover due to the seasonal drafting) league - drop me a line and I'll let you know if we've got a spot.

Cheers

Skip

I'm Interested in doing it, How many spots are left?

Anyone want to list off some names to help of me players who

- Have taken their game IRL to another level and deserve a boost
- Are underperforming in the game and deserve a boost
- Have declined enough IRL and with enough certainty to deserve a nerf
- Overperform in the game and deserve a nerf

Would help me (and contribute to the lists being not just my own personal judgement) heaps.

As an aside for those who were keen my FFFX league is now advertising for expansion. There are between 2-4 spots available if anyone's keen. Just message me.

- Have taken their game IRL to another level and deserve a boost

Jackson Macrae
Nathan Jones
Luke Breust
Matt Jaensch
Cale Hooker
Ben Cunnington
Jackson Merrett
Brodie Smith
Jay Schulz
Matt Thomas
Ollie Wines