Footy Fanatic: 2013 List Project

Remove this Banner Ad

Aw, get your head out of your ass, mate. Skip doesn't owe us anything, but HE'S still making these lists. Quite frankly, I'm not too concerned if he gets the dates wrong, and I'm sure as hell not angry or disappointed in him. Get over it or make your own lists.

Aw, get your head out of your ass, mate. Skip doesn't owe us anything, but HE'S still making these lists. Quite frankly, I'm not too concerned if he gets the dates wrong, and I'm sure as hell not angry or disappointed in him. Get over it or make your own lists.

Says the BETA tester.

JUL 28 - Limited BETA release
Okay I believe I've sent them out to 15 of you. If I've forgotten anyone, don't taken it personally as I certainly intended to send them, just let me know. Any newcomers who want to get in on it, let me know as well and I'll send 'em over. Probably won't bother if it's more than a week from now though as it'd be close enough to the full release for y'all to wait.

AUG 2
Note to people: the time for asking for the lists is over.
A new beta will be released probably on Sunday night - PLEASE wait until then before messaging me. I'll even include Gold Coast and some instructions on how to implement them if it pleases!

AUG 7
Anyway, sorry about not getting the 2nd BETA done. I've got probably 2-3 hrs to do to finish it and I've just got to find the time. Will probably be this Sunday/Monday.

OCT 4
I've been working full time and an attempt to cut back the hours was unsuccessful so I don't have the time.

I'll make them public over the weekend - still try and post feedback though as when I do get time I'll try and keep updating them.

OCT 30
I'm working a bit less now so I might even be able to throw a better update out in 2-3 weeks after releasing this one (2013 lists).

DEC 1
That said I've kept the public waiting long enough. I'll release it most likely on Thursday as I work until then.

Says the BETA tester.

JUL 28 - Limited BETA release
Okay I believe I've sent them out to 15 of you. If I've forgotten anyone, don't taken it personally as I certainly intended to send them, just let me know. Any newcomers who want to get in on it, let me know as well and I'll send 'em over. Probably won't bother if it's more than a week from now though as it'd be close enough to the full release for y'all to wait.

AUG 2
Note to people: the time for asking for the lists is over.
A new beta will be released probably on Sunday night - PLEASE wait until then before messaging me. I'll even include Gold Coast and some instructions on how to implement them if it pleases!

AUG 7
Anyway, sorry about not getting the 2nd BETA done. I've got probably 2-3 hrs to do to finish it and I've just got to find the time. Will probably be this Sunday/Monday.

OCT 4
I've been working full time and an attempt to cut back the hours was unsuccessful so I don't have the time.

I'll make them public over the weekend - still try and post feedback though as when I do get time I'll try and keep updating them.

OCT 30
I'm working a bit less now so I might even be able to throw a better update out in 2-3 weeks after releasing this one (2013 lists).

DEC 1
That said I've kept the public waiting long enough. I'll release it most likely on Thursday as I work until then.

Hey, man... would you like to hear something shocking? Some people have lives. Strange huh?

The funny thing is the beta test didn't even work on my computer, so get over yourself. Go make your own lists if you're going to be an arseh*le.

Take as much time as you need Skip.

Hey, man... would you like to hear something shocking? Some people have lives. Strange huh?

The funny thing is the beta test didn't even work on my computer, so get over yourself. Go make your own lists if you're going to be an arseh*le.

Take as much time as you need Skip.

It's quiet funny. A lot of newer people on here don't realize how much effort and work is put into making these lists. I'm currently doing the 2014 lists for Premiership coach and it has honestly taken me ages to get everything pretty much right for other users to be happy. Like you said.. people have lives.. people work full time, people have families, people study!, they just don't sit on a football forum 14 hours of the day. :)

I understand the lists do take a while but surely Skippos or one of the BETA testers could have released the 2013 lists given they were complete ages ago and Skippos is working on the 2014 lists. Would take 2 minutes at most.

I understand the lists do take a while but surely Skippos or one of the BETA testers could have released the 2013 lists given they were complete ages ago and Skippos is working on the 2014 lists. Would take 2 minutes at most.

I've refrained from doing so as I didn't want to go behind Skippos back and release the lists if that wasn't what he was after.

I was thinking about releasing the 2013 ones, but since Skippos had started working on 2014, I didn't bother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry fellas, went overseas in December (and managed to ****ing forget the computer with the stuff on it) and return on Australia Day. I'll ensure finishing these is something I do soon after coming back. It's only the last 25-30 rookie picks left and quite simply I won't bother for quality there so it shouldn't take long.

Hery guys, slightly off topic, but my FFFX career games always seem to crash after my first season. During the preseason of my second year, I get an error that says "Run time error: 3078 The microsoft jet database engine could not find input table or query." any ideas on how to fix this?

I apologise if it's been mentioned already, but is it possible for me to download FF on a mac? If how do you get more recent lists than 2009?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have managed to get it working on Mac, however the game runs slowly. If you want to try get it working, google 'Winebottler' (A program which allows you to run windows files on mac).

I also do have the 2013 lists which Skippos made, I don't plan on making the 2014 lists since I barely play, however I might release them if someone wants to do the 2014 changes.

Started work on them again today. Got to pick 40 in the RD and just realised what a flaming waste of time it was to do the rest so I decided not to. Just means we'll be 20 rookies short and I'll edit them in if by any chance one of them becomes good.

I'll release them today as a full release but I do plan to do another edit after the AFL pre season - as that'll scope a better ratings for the recentmost draftees. Right now it's mainly what I've read and what I've seen in the u/18s - which as we know doesn't really translate to the real stuff.

So if there are any inconsistencies, randomly hax players or good players that are shit let me know. Also let me know if there's a missing player who wasn't in the 2013 RD and any age/height inconsistencies

I'm absolutely certain I haven't got the potential model right either - I believe that not only effects growth but decline and retirement as well. So there are heaps of oldies who I've just said 'overall - 80 - well, they're not going to grow so I guess their potential can be 80 too' and now realise that they're two independent values and likely these oldies will keep kicking for ages. I think retirement is linked to decline while decline is linked to potential. Age is irrelevant and that was a fatal error - I'll try and fix that in future editions but right now I just CBF

FFFX doesn't work on my new computer either which is a windows 8.0 sony vaio so all the editing was done on a lenovo windows vista computer.

I can pretty much vouch for all of these working on vista but given I can't even execute fffx on my windows 8 comp I can't vouch for how it'll work nor help with any errors.

Oh, and 100% avoid the fantasy draft option. Just doesn't work so don't complain to me about that as I can't fix it.

I'd really appreciate anyone who uses these rosters and enjoys them also helps out with error/stupid rating spotting too, but ofc. there's no obligation.

Skip.

Started work on them again today. Got to pick 40 in the RD and just realised what a flaming waste of time it was to do the rest so I decided not to. Just means we'll be 20 rookies short and I'll edit them in if by any chance one of them becomes good.

I'll release them today as a full release but I do plan to do another edit after the AFL pre season - as that'll scope a better ratings for the recentmost draftees. Right now it's mainly what I've read and what I've seen in the u/18s - which as we know doesn't really translate to the real stuff.

So if there are any inconsistencies, randomly hax players or good players that are shit let me know. Also let me know if there's a missing player who wasn't in the 2013 RD and any age/height inconsistencies

I'm absolutely certain I haven't got the potential model right either - I believe that not only effects growth but decline and retirement as well. So there are heaps of oldies who I've just said 'overall - 80 - well, they're not going to grow so I guess their potential can be 80 too' and now realise that they're two independent values and likely these oldies will keep kicking for ages. I think retirement is linked to decline while decline is linked to potential. Age is irrelevant and that was a fatal error - I'll try and fix that in future editions but right now I just CBF

FFFX doesn't work on my new computer either which is a windows 8.0 sony vaio so all the editing was done on a lenovo windows vista computer.

I can pretty much vouch for all of these working on vista but given I can't even execute fffx on my windows 8 comp I can't vouch for how it'll work nor help with any errors.

Oh, and 100% avoid the fantasy draft option. Just doesn't work so don't complain to me about that as I can't fix it.

I'd really appreciate anyone who uses these rosters and enjoys them also helps out with error/stupid rating spotting too, but ofc. there's no obligation.

Skip.

Thanks for the update.

If you don't end up releasing the lists today, I will probably just give these people the 2013 lists to play around with so they can get a feel of how more realistic the lists are compared to the 2008-2008 ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Fanatic: 2013 List Project

Remove this Banner Ad

Back