blaisee said:
I know for a fact we are not interested in trading with eSSENDON

They can off load their hacks elsewhere

Bolton
Richards
Welsh
Bullen

ect...

Give me a break I wouldn't give a houlihan for any of em.

You call them hacks yet Welsch, Bolton and Richards are better than nearly everyone on your list bar a few

Woops I meant Bullen not Bolton

How funny is it Richmond supporters labeling other clubs players hacks. :eek:. Any one of Geelongs starting 18 would automatically walk into Richmond's team. In reality they would walk into the top 10

There's been some absolute gems bought out in this thread. Ottens has 10 years ahead of him :confused: He's already 25. As for anybody that would turn down Hunt and Maloney for pick 6. They should be shot

People think that top 10 draft picks = certain stars. Hunt and Maloney would be an absolute steal for pick 6. It's laughable when you hear people say they don't want these hacks. Kids who aren't even 21. I don't get too upset coz I know Geelong's people aren't as narrow sighted as your average footy fan

I give you the tip Richmond fans these are EXACTLY the players you need. They WILL provide you with 10 years of service. If (and you won't) you were offered Hunt, Maloney and pick 16 and turned it down then you deserve to stay down the bottom for good.

bugman5 said:
Thanks for your opinion, but Welsh certainly wouldn't be offered as trade bait, that kid can play. Bullen and Richards both have some potential.

Anyone who wants Bolton can take him.

Wouldn't mind Bolton at WCE, we need another tall defender.

What would you want from us?

BigCat1 said:
How funny is it Richmond supporters labeling other clubs players hacks. :eek:. Any one of Geelongs starting 18 would automatically walk into Richmond's team. In reality they would walk into the top 10

There's been some absolute gems bought out in this thread. Ottens has 10 years ahead of him :confused: He's already 25. As for anybody that would turn down Hunt and Maloney for pick 6. They should be shot

People think that top 10 draft picks = certain stars. Hunt and Maloney would be an absolute steal for pick 6. It's laughable when you hear people say they don't want these hacks. Kids who aren't even 21. I don't get too upset coz I know Geelong's people aren't as narrow sighted as your average footy fan

I give you the tip Richmond fans these are EXACTLY the players you need. They WILL provide you with 10 years of service. If (and you won't) you were offered Hunt, Maloney and pick 16 and turned it down then you deserve to stay down the bottom for good.

They are solid players, but when dealing with picks in the top six or so, you want to get guys who are going to be longterm big performers. Yes, the draft is often a crapshoot, but if I was a club I would rather hang onto pick six and hope to draft a guy who's going to be a star for the club, than look at two solid performers. And that's what Hunt and Moloney are - solid performers who I'd love to have at North, but you wouldn't forgive yourself if someone like Tambling slipped to six, or someone took Monfries and he continued his development into a top 10 midfielder etc.

Richmond need to try and get themselves a star through the draft, not trade away high picks for solid footballers. You will always have more opportunities to pick up good solid players who will give you 10 years of service, than you will to get a potential star.

BigCat1 said:
I don't get too upset coz I know Geelong's people aren't as narrow sighted as your average footy fan

If (and you won't) you were offered Hunt, Maloney and pick 16 and turned it down then you deserve to stay down the bottom for good.

Load of ******** Geelong fans arent as narrow sighted as your average footy fan. They have been saying pick 16 and spriggs should land them Ottens.
Then you try to say Hunt Maloney and pick 16, they are good solid performers, not what we are looking for we want at least two top first round picks as stated by Terry Wallace.

Coughlan said:
Load of ******** Geelong fans arent as narrow sighted as your average footy fan. They have been saying pick 16 and spriggs should land them Ottens.
Then you try to say Hunt Maloney and pick 16, they are good solid performers, not what we are looking for we want at least two top first round picks as stated by Terry Wallace.

Wallace needs to pull his head in if he wouldn't take hunt maloney and pick 16. BTW Hunt aint goin nowhere he's just had his first injury free year and is a vital component of our set plays. More valuable than most people realise.

But I'm realistic about this deal. I would be willing to part with the 1st round pick and one of mooney, corey, wojcinski. Thats generous and maybe too generous in most geelong supporter's eyes. Ottens has potential, which is fine when you're 17-22 but potential weighs thin when you're 25! Time to get real Tigers....

CatFan79 said:
Wallace needs to pull his head in if he wouldn't take hunt maloney and pick 16.
You reckon thats fair, maybe you should pull your head in. We want 2 first round picks minimum

Coughlan said:
You reckon thats fair, maybe you should pull your head in. We want 2 first round picks minimum

Hey I'm being realistic about this deal. What Wallace asks for and what he'll get are 2 different things. If no-one offers Wallace 2 first round picks whats gonna happen?? well?? :rolleyes:

Geelong is in trouble now, North said they will offer pick 10 plus more.

With Crocker now back at North and Miller at Richmond they could get a deal done, but I still think Sydney will more than likely get him, AFL bends over backwards, if not forwards aswell, to get big name players to Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coughlan said:
With some of the claims being made by Richmond e.g. greatest player ever to be traded I think Wallace is all talk. I think two first round draft picks the tigers would jump on immediately and I doubt this the minimum.

Terry Wallace on SEN at 5:45 said the Tigers would be open to recieving players as well as a first round draft pick - its all just speculation till next week because everyone at Richmond is playing the Media.

The fact that Geelong drew up a list of untouchables and gave it to Richmond seems to suggest that Richmond are indeed open to getting a player and a pick. Wallace also said on SEN that the Tigers were going to try win as well as rebuilding so the idea of a young player who has played 50+ games from Geelong does not seem unreasonable if you draw on those comments.

Lets face it, its all speculation at this stage.

Even with the Kangaroos entering the race, I thought Ottens wanted to play for a club that would be successful next season. The Kangaroos who at this stage are spoon favourites hardly suit this need.

Anybody who gives up 2 first round picks for Ottens is Stupid. The North-Melbourne deal sounds good. As does the Geelong offer (although swap spriggs for somebody else!)

2 first round picks for Ottens......................just silly!

Tas said:
Geelong is in trouble now, North said they will offer pick 10 plus more.

With Crocker now back at North and Miller at Richmond they could get a deal done, but I still think Sydney will more than likely get him, AFL bends over backwards, if not forwards aswell, to get big name players to Sydney.
One thing is Ottens wants to play for a successful team not a spoon contender and has to agreed to be traded. Richmond's prospects next season look better than the Kangaroos and at least Wallace has bought some type of direction unlike Laidley at the Kangaroos.

Robin Hood said:
The Kangaroos who at this stage are spoon favourites hardly suit this need.

Why are we always annual spoon favourites, consdering we haven't been close to the spoon in a long time?

It seems pretty clear that Cats fans think Pick 16 and Spriggs will get Ottens. What a joke. And as for that four way deal involving Essendon with Bolton ending up at Richmond, what a joke. The 15 other clubs have to come together and agree that Essendon will not be included in this Ottens trade. I've been on both Richmond and Geelong boards expressing the following trade and I believe it's the best deal so far for at least Richmond.

Ottens goes to Geelong for Pick 16,
Tennace goes to Collingwood for McGough
Collingwood's Pick 7 goes to Richmond.

Richmond might just want to take Pick 16 and Tennace, but at least with going through Collingwood, Geelong get something more than just Ottens.

Collingwood could end up with Pick 5 from Hawthorn instead of Pick 7 if they trade up. This would make the 3-way deal much more attractive for Richmond.

you idiot sheehan said:
Ottens goes to Geelong for Pick 16,
Tennace goes to Collingwood for McGough
Collingwood's Pick 7 goes to Richmond.
Geelong are big losers in that trade. Tenace was taken at pick 7, which Collingwood have this year, so why not hold on to it?

I agree with you idiot sheehan, great post. that outtrumps any roo offer, pick 7 and 16 for Ottens, thats very very good.

I know some will believe this and some wont.

But nonetheless for those that have trust that's good enough for me.

Insiders at the Cats, say the they would "trade very hard" to get ottens to geelong, members of the board have already put togeter a package for ottens. Trust me tigers fans, you will like it, and cats fans, we have enough of these players.

I can say this much: The Cats will get Ottens.

Any team that transfers a 1st rounder from the year before is a mug.

I thought Tennace showed a bit this year ?

Why would you trade him after only one year ?

If I was richmond I would actually prefer Tennace and Pick 16 and Geelong would tell collingwood to keep their hacks out of it. How the hell would McGough find a place in Geelongs midfield ?!?

If Geelong needed something more for tenace then Swap Richmonds 2nd round for Geelongs 2nd round or something

would look like

Geelong get
Ottens
pick 20

Rich get
Tennace

(or something)

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone who cares about Ottens trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back