For those that covet the #1 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

if we win ... we win
not hoping for a loss - just believe we will lose
because the roo's are playing better football then us, and its at Marvel
💯 I go to every game wanting us to win, but with the position we find ourselves in, I’m not too upset this season if we lose. Win/Win situation really and worst case scenario in terms of the draft, we will likely end up with pick 2.

Of course I understand that. So does pick 2. And the difference between pick 1 and pick 2 is virtually nothing. Not worth the dishonour of the wooden spoon. In fact, the tanking mindset that has netted a lot of teams that top pick has resulted in a loser mindset that contributes to them continuing to be bad even with the injection of elite talent.
The GOAT says hold my beer!

That’s the best thing everyone is entitled to their view. So in saying that pick 1 for me, if we win today won’t lose sleep over it.
im with you, i want pick #1
and back in our recruit department to call out a future super star's name (followed by a whole host of new recruits joining us - once we trade out the 3 names we all know)
if its pick #2 .. so be it

pick 1 is not worth the shame of a wooden spoon
Shame is what I feel about the movies I made when I was younger and needed the money. Us being the shittest team in the comp one year with the injuries weve suffered doesnt even cum close.

Shame is what I feel about the movies I made when I was younger and needed the money. Us being the shittest team in the comp one year with the injuries weve suffered doesnt even cum close.
B64EB16C-B2FF-43AA-BD6B-6AC6AB2C6B6E.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a vacuum, of course not. But that's leaving stuff out of the trade. There's a wooden spoon and our self-respect that need to be factored in. I will never respect the Carlton and Melbourne football clubs again after their antics 15 years ago.
For mine wooden spoons are secondary to our shared view that being 1 position earlier in the draft at each round is likely to result in better picks. More long term thinking.

Wooden spoons are also a bit of a pre-national draft thing of shame. They use to carry shame and stigma but far less so now. It's the same in most world sport where there is a draft based more or less on where you finish. They are quickly forgotten by draft night.

Who cares if opposition supporters shame us for finishing bottom. I'll be crying into our 3 flags and knowing we have given our selves the best opportunity to rebuild.

For mine wooden spoons are secondary to our shared view that being 1 position earlier in the draft at each round is likely to result in better picks. More long term thinking.

Wooden spoons are also a bit of a pre-national draft thing of shame. They use to carry shame and stigma but far less so now. It's the same in most world sport where there is a draft based more or less on where you finish. They are quickly forgotten by draft night.

Who cares if opposition supporters shame us for finishing bottom. I'll be crying into our 3 flags and knowing we have given our selves the best opportunity to rebuild.

There's no shame in finishing bottom with our recent history and the injury list we've been dealing with. The shame is in blatantly cheering on our opponents. That's just weak IMO. For some potential minor draft advantage while doing real damage to team culture and even to the integrity of the competition?

There's no shame in finishing bottom with our recent history and the injury list we've been dealing with. The shame is in blatantly cheering on our opponents. That's just weak IMO. For some potential minor draft advantage while doing real damage to team culture and even to the integrity of the competition?
I reckon it wont come to that. Let's have a crack for 3 quarters and see how far behind we are going into the 4th.

If north win in a fair fight I'll be happy. If Richmond do decide to tank it will be pretty obvious and we can deal with that then.

100% agree.. let them mock us as we descend from the top with our 3 flags !!!!
if the spoon happens it happens
our focus and attention has to be purely on trade period..the club needs to win this

so where were we before we got side tracked,
thats right we were talking about who we are going to get for pick number ONE

View attachment 2066926
Reality is, if you finish last or second last, that extra one win ultimately means **** all. In fact it has meaning if it costs you a kid like Harley Ried. This is the system.
Use it and load up the next two years. It’s a bit like not using tax loop holes to make money. If they’re available and you don’t use them, then you’re a moron in my eyes.
So, hello sexy girl champagne gif. Squirt that shit all over my face and let’s talk pick one.

You had me till you mentioned integrity of the competition

Reality is, if you finish last or second last, that extra one win ultimately means **** all. In fact it has meaning if it costs you a kid like Harley Ried. This is the system.
Use it and load up the next two years. It’s a bit like not using tax loop holes to make money. If they’re available and you don’t use them, then you’re a moron in my eyes.
So, hello sexy girl champagne gif. Squirt that shit all over my face and let’s talk pick one.
Thanks Kerry

Thanks Kerry
We need the picks the next two years. Reality is not all will work out, hence, we need the best available to maximize the opportunity. You reckon i talk about spoons in the last 23 years or how we ****ed the comp hard for 4?

We need the picks the next two years. Reality is not all will work out, hence, we need the best available to maximize the opportunity. You reckon i talk about spoons in the last 23 years or how we ****ed the comp hard for 4?
We could of had 1000 spoons before those 3 flags and I still couldn't give 2 fks
Give me the best kid in the country at 1
Our rebuild starts there.

Pick 1, 2 or 3, it's up to the talent spotters from there.
Wins against North and GC would top off the year nicely while still getting a top 3 pick.
Not having that +1 wooden spoon on our record is the most important thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that covet the #1 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back