Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Was always a good little player; same as Sam Collins.

Collins being delisted – not traded, delisted – was a gaffe at the time and a shame now. glad he's going so well at Gold Coast but **** me we make some silly choices.

Collins played a year in the VFL. It's not like any other club picked him up at the time for free. Gold Coast picked up as a pre-list compensation player.

The bad call was not delisting him, it was asking him to out on a stack of weight.

Collins played a year in the VFL. It's not like any other club picked him up at the time for free. Gold Coast picked up as a pre-list compensation player.

The bad call was not delisting him, it was asking him to out on a stack of weight.
Yeah so it's not our fault we had a very good full back and just let him go for nothing...

This club can do no wrong!

Collins for the most part played like crap when he was with us and looked genuinely unfit for a league footballer.

Great effort for him to completely turn it around though via state footy and getting picked up again.
Spot on, the hindsight hero rubbish on Collins is super tiresome. He was crap in the games he played at AFL level in his last year and wasn't much better the season before. It happens.

He is also overrated because he won a B&F in a shit Gold Coast team (in the garbo 2020 year)

Now media who pay no attention to GC just see a B&F for him and talk him up randomly, they only have a couple players that actually get talked about in the media and because he is one of them he seems better than he actually is.

He is a good honest battler and thats it, wouldn't swap any of our KPD's for him, we made the right call.

Last edited:
Was always a good little player; same as Sam Collins.

Collins being delisted – not traded, delisted – was a gaffe at the time and a shame now. glad he's going so well at Gold Coast but **** me we make some silly choices.

I'm pretty sure if someone had offered anything for him we wouldn't have refused. But nobody did.

Yeah so it's not our fault we had a very good full back and just let him go for nothing...

This club can do no wrong!

You might need to explain your POV a bit more to me. He wasn't a very good full back at the time which is A) Why he was delisted and B) why no one picked him up after he was delisted.

The club did the wrong thing by the player by asking him to stack on weight to play on gorillas which severely effected his mobility leading to him being pretty bad in his last year with us.

He's done really well for himself after spending a year in the VFL and is a first choice fullback for Gold Coast. He would not be a first choice backman for us at the moment so it seems like it worked out for all parties?

I know that Collins was dirty with Ross Lyon and the club for doing as he was asked and being delisted but on the long list of stuff ups it hasn't had any material effect on the club IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Neale going to get close to a third Brownlow. Class. Literally got Brisbane back into the top 4

Spot on, the hindsight hero rubbish on Collins is super tiresome. He was crap in the games he played at AFL level in his last year and wasn't much better the season before. It happens.
Dunno what you guys are smoking but those of us on this forum that have an eye for talent identification ;p saw many glimpses and games played by ol Sammy for us to know he was always AFL quality, and likely to make it.

I recall some very nice performances from the lad.

The disclaimer to this is his own admission that the VFL stint made him realise the work ethic needed to reach that level.

Personally, I think if you say you needed that kick, it's probably more circumstantial than a reflection of his actual desire and given different circumstances believe he'd have reached his level regardless of delisting.

Had we lacked kpds, I reckon he would've survived here.

Be hilarious if Neale is Brownlow and Hogan Coleman. Holy shit would the media ride Fremantle
The word you're looking for is elite. Top four with the youngest team in the league despite saying goodbye to so much talent. Freo fingerprints are all over the league, to me that says they've done a hell of a lot right.

Yeah this was outrageous, the gall to ask that is outrageous and then to grant it is pathetic.

The Langdons are rich boys though, can't remember what their dad does but they're all pretty much minted, highly relaxed, and have had some of the most blessed lives you could only really daydream about.
I’m quite certain the dad is a teacher or principal

The word you're looking for is elite. Top four with the youngest team in the league despite saying goodbye to so much talent. Freo fingerprints are all over the league, to me that says they've done a hell of a lot right.
Except.. Fremantle aren’t top 4?
Just feel can’t really gloat or enjoy because really this team still hasn’t achieved anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back