Former Tiger Phil Walsh murdered - RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was his son who murdered him I hope the piece of shit rots for the rest of his life how anyone could kill there dad and hurt there mum
ABC just said the son has officially been charged with murder.

Not sure weather they can postpone. Till when?? Cant play midweek and no free weekends. If they dont play i guess they split the points. But at the end of the day footy is irrelevant now.
Footy as the entertainment may be irrelevant but for Geelong this is an important game. Win this and they stay in touch with the top 8. Lose/draw and it makes it that much harder for them to make the 8. Not making the 8 will affect the bottom line (this is speculation). When members think about signing up again they are not going to remember that Geelong was not able to make finals due to the unfortunate death of an opposition coach.

Hard to make sense of such a tragedy.

Condolences to his friends and family.

The facts will come out in due course, but if drugs were part of the sons issues then it could well be a tipping point in Australian society.

I cannot comprehend how a son can kill his own father.

An absolute tragedy for him and his poor wife. RIP Phil and my heart goes out to all those truly affected by this :cry:
I lost my father to cancer two months ago at the young age of 66. I would anything, and I mean anything, to have him back. I also cannot comprehend it.

I lost my father to cancer two months ago at the young age of 66. I would anything, and I mean anything, to have him back. I also cannot comprehend it.

I'm similar though he was younger, but basically what you said.

Footy as the entertainment may be irrelevant but for Geelong this is an important game. Win this and they stay in touch with the top 8. Lose/draw and it makes it that much harder for them to make the 8. Not making the 8 will affect the bottom line (this is speculation). When members think about signing up again they are not going to remember that Geelong was not able to make finals due to the unfortunate death of an opposition coach.

What about adelaide?. Clinging to their spot in the 8. Any decision could cost them too. Cant call the round off and split the points. Swans are disadvantaged. What about players suspensions? So much to weigh up

What about adelaide?. Clinging to their spot in the 8. Any decision could cost them too. Cant call the round off and split the points. Swans are disadvantaged. What about players suspensions? So much to weigh up
Round must go on.
Adelaide and Cats game postponed to a later date if possible.
Im sure what ever decision is made it will be the best for everyone.

Was in the UK on holiday by myself when my mum died suddenly in January last year. Got a call at 2am London time from Dad who found her on the floor dead. (Dad died from cancer two months ago. It's been a horrible couple of years for my family, but I digress)
Was not due to fly home for another three days. Couldn't get another flight, but fortunately I had some ex workmates and a good mate who nursed me through the remaining time.
It's a horrible, horrible feeling. You walk around not knowing how to feel or act.
I really feel for his daughter.
Sorry to hear that tugga, lost dad 2 years ago, my younger brother 18 months ago, my grandmother a year ago and now my older brother has a brain tumor diagnosed 3 months ago. Know how you feel mate and can sympathize but after all that at least I had time to say goodbye, Phil Walsh is such a tragedy and Im lost for words, my heart goes out to the family and friends.

Tragic news. Just can't imagine the amount of grief and suffering for the family and friends, and for the extended Crows football family. Shocking to the whole Australian sporting community in general. RIP Phil. Deepest condolences to family and friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible, horrible news. Beyond tragic. RIP Phil.

Dimma would have known him pretty well from their Port days. I wonder if he'll be in the right mindset to coach.

ffs a person was just murdered and you guys are worried about points unreal. the game will go on at a later date unless the crows and players want to play to honour him which is possible that's why the afl hasn't said much at this point in time.
Btw orange i'm confused as what you are trying to say swans suspensions? what that have to do with the crows?

She probably tried to stop him and got stabbed in the process. Horrible sight for her seen her own son killing his father.
That or Phil was protecting his wife, either way my heart goes out to the family. That poor woman lost a husband and a son today, I can not imagine how bad that must be for her.

That or Phil was protecting his wife, either way my heart goes out to the family. That poor woman lost a husband and a son today, I can not imagine how bad that must be for her.
No he wanted to kill his father otherwise when he did he would have finished the job. But i read somewhere the son was feeling his father distant himself from him.

Yeah m8 but it's worse for her as she watched it all how do you get over something like that?

Not caring about much at work today and I didn't even know him, those that did must be finding it awfully tough to focus on football, Chocco Williams had to leave work and go home according to SEN and he won't be alone in feeling deeply upset.

Vale Walshy. I was at VFL Park the day he tore us a new one on his way to the VFL Best First Year Player award (equivalent to the Rising Star) in 1983. I was rapt to get him to Richmond, even though he never re-produced the form of his first year.

A tragedy for his family and the Adelaide Football Club. His poor wife. Her life is ruined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Tiger Phil Walsh murdered - RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back