Former Tiger Phil Walsh murdered - RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** is this world we live in.
It's a world of full of drugs, alcoholism,lies, and people with psychiatric problems left to fend for themselves.
Presser afl half hours time then crows straight after. I guess will find out what is going to happen with the round.

What the **** is this world we live in.
I do wonder if it is the world getting worse, or that there is just much more coverage about all the bad things in the world these days.
Obviously Walsh being high profile, this would always be a big news story, but how often does it happen for others who don't have a public profile?

This just shows how all we see when we see footballers, coaches is the footballing stuff. Let's say Walsh and his son had the fight but it didn't end, sadly, how it did. He would have gone on to coach the game on the weekend and we'd be none the wiser. We just don't know what's going on in their lives yet we sit here and judge these people. Just made me think that's all.

This just shows how all we see when we see footballers, coaches is the footballing stuff. Let's say Walsh and his son had the fight but it didn't end, sadly, how it did. He would have gone on to coach the game on the weekend and we'd be none the wiser. We just don't know what's going on in their lives yet we sit here and judge these people. Just made me think that's all.

Yep at the end of the day these people we put on a pedestal are human too. They dont live perfect blessed lives. They deal with the same day to day bullshit the rest of us do. Just because their job is in an open to the public results based industry, i think plenty of people forget the fact they are human. Not just a source of our own happiness.

Yep at the end of the day these people we put on a pedestal are human too. They dont live perfect blessed lives. They deal with the same day to day bullshit the rest of us do. Just because their job is in an open to the public results based industry, i think plenty of people forget the fact they are human. Not just a source of our own happiness.
Posts like this remind me that there is still hope for the human race, remind me when I move to Melbourne to have a few drinks with you blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't want to put a mod hat on in a thread like this. I would suggest people don't make judgemental or reactionary posts, this is not the place for it and the circumstances surrounding this are unknown to the majority.

Happy to take this up with anyone via PM.

Great photo of Walsh with John Annear from richmond.com.au

x5p8oj.jpg

ffs a person was just murdered and you guys are worried about points unreal. the game will go on at a later date unless the crows and players want to play to honour him which is possible that's why the afl hasn't said much at this point in time.
Btw orange i'm confused as what you are trying to say swans suspensions? what that have to do with the crows?
It is a terrible thing like all murder is but I never knew him or thought about him therefor I am not exactly emotionally envolved.

Footy as the entertainment may be irrelevant but for Geelong this is an important game. Win this and they stay in touch with the top 8. Lose/draw and it makes it that much harder for them to make the 8. Not making the 8 will affect the bottom line (this is speculation). When members think about signing up again they are not going to remember that Geelong was not able to make finals due to the unfortunate death of an opposition coach.
Meh, they were playing away to a team that is above them on the ladder - they'll just have to live with 2 points they may not have gotten.
Also, if they are good enough they'll get there. I am sure that is what the Scott is saying.
But mostly who gives a crap. A man has been murdered and the players and staff would be devastated. I get that Geelong supporters may be saying 'bugger we needed the points' but it is a game.
Any sociopath Geelong member who thinks the Adelaide players owe them a game can **** off. Unlike Walsh, they will not be missed.

Yet another reminder that this great game of ours is played, coached and supported by humans. Humans with issues. Sometimes we get so caught up in our team's success or lack of it and we start bandying comments around with little regard for the actual humans involved. No problem with the comments made as for the most part, the players, coaches, admin and supporters won't hear them but we often make them on the back of number 38's game or a decision made by a coach and we expect them to be perfect... well more perfect. When something like this happens, you just get reminded of the lives behind people in the AFL/professional sport.... This will impact on so many people in and outside of football in so many ways. It's actually times like this that make you appreciate the support from sporting communities when something happens to one of their own. I'm saddened by this, like everyone but I honestly think the people involved will have a better chance of proper support than some of the people in the general community. I wish Phil Walsh's loved ones all the best through this next really tough period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Former Tiger Phil Walsh murdered - RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back