Forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of if people misinterpreted what I said, my thoughts are that I don't actively seek a trade for him but I would be open to listen to solid offers...much more open than say for Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Jurrah and a couple of others, for whom I'd shut the door on pretty much any trade.

grrr. I don't WANT to trade Bate. I just said that I would consider it if we were given a good offer.

Whether or not it's due to our delivery to the forward line, when Matthew Bate goes cold he goes icey. I just wish we could get more consistency from a guy who does have loads of talent.

But that is exactly the problem, as CHF you rely on most of your ball being deliverd to you by foot. As opposed to a midfielder or backmen or even a small fwd you can go get your own footy. The delivery to Bate can be horrible at times and even non-existent at other times.

Look at the brisbane game (bate's best game for the year) the ball movement was quick and direct, whereas against West coast it was sideways and backwards with to many handballs.

Alright if we want some foward line tactics, here they are...

We score a behind

Opposition kicks out and marks deep in the pocket where we usually concede.

Melbourne player with explosive speed and great tackling skills conceals himself behind the point post nonchalantly (I can remember Farmer hiding from his opponent in this fashion).

Meanwhile players up the ground create immense pressure causing the opposition player in the pocket to get the double tweet hurry on from the umpire.

Upon the umpires double tweet the melb player behind the post breaks into a sprint and takes the player with the ball down from behind (eddie betts style) just as the ump raises his hands and squeals "play on, play on".

Melb player receives a free kick for holding the ball and a shot on goal.:D

So the tackling player miss times his run then they get a 50 m penalty taking them to their HBF, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Y should exploitation of the rules just be left to clubs like Hawthorn or people like "I've had a gun pointed at me/seen a knife incident Harry". We have already been labled cheating tankers y not take it to the next level and be really unsociable.

I honestly can't see Green kicking 50 goals in a year. That's a lot of goals!!!

I'm doubtful for Bate too.

If Brad gets injured or plays in defence for the next two games, I'll still be correct ;)

Apparently Chris Knights from Adelaide is holding off contract signings until the end of the year and a few Melbourne-based clubs have been interested in getting him over to Victoria. You reckon Melbourne would be interested if we could pick him up in a trade or pre-season draft?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100838/default.aspx

Absolutely. Has loads of talent and is still young. We should also have our people talking to the manager of one Michale Rischetteli as well. This kid seems like he wants to come back to Melbourne also. He would fit into our young midfield wonderfully. Might mean we have to give up a Rohan Bail or Nathan Jones to get him, but i would see that as a win for our club...

Personly i'd favour to get Knights because he is a good forward and can switch in the Midfeild which may let the likes of Sylvia and Davey to have a run in the midfield then go onto the Half Forward line and create havoc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back