Fox Footy co-host Mark Robinson looks set to leave AFL 360 after 14 years in the hot seat

Remove this Banner Ad

There was great synergy between Robbo and Whatley, they'd bounce off each other well and while Robbo plays the buffoon, it was balanced by Gerrard's eloquence. I think people will end up missing him. He's given us a great laugh over the years.

Yep, well said. Hard to argue with any of that.

Will be interesting if they go with an 'analyst' type like a King or Montagna or if they go with another senior journo like a Jon Ralph, Damien Barrett or a Sam McClure.

I'm no fan of McClure but i can see TV producers liking him for a role like that given how opinionated & polarising he is. As a TV guys once said to me "people tune into to watch people they hate"

100 per cent.

I’ve become very attached to the Monday edition of NRL 360 precisely because it’s the one featuring Buzz Rothfield every week and he’s the journalist who gives the most off the wall views and for a time, while I don’t hate anyone, I had disdain for the bloke - now I’ve come around to actually liking him in a strange way because of his willingness to say what he thinks and it makes for the most entertaining edition of the show each week by a mile

Goodbye Robbo.

Off the bar where you can swear whilst slurring at the footy on the TV. Never saw much insight or knowledge in him.

To be honest it’s a back page show; there’s not supposed to be a lot of deep insight from the hosts realistically it’s supposed to come from the guests. His writing is more the place for that to come out and even then he writes for a tabloid not a broadsheet so it’s never going to be terribly in depth but you don’t cover the game for decades without knowing a bit about it

To be honest it’s a back page show; there’s not supposed to be a lot of deep insight from the hosts realistically it’s supposed to come from the guests. His writing is more the place for that to come out and even then he writes for a tabloid not a broadsheet so it’s never going to be terribly in depth but you don’t cover the game for decades without knowing a bit about it
Players and coaches nights. About as entertaining as a poached fart. The only interest sometimes is seeing if Robbo missed the back of his head when he shaved. The worlds most stealth mullet

While Dunstall's "jokes" make The Bounce unwatchable, he would be the best replacement for Robbo AFL360. He is insightful, fair and has a gravitas that comes from being a legend of the game. There wouldn't be many people in the media that would be able to rebuff Whateley when he goes on his pretentious rants, but Dunstall would be one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Dunstall's "jokes" make The Bounce unwatchable, he would be the best replacement for Robbo AFL360. He is insightful, fair and has a gravitas that comes from being a legend of the game. There wouldn't be many people in the media that would be able to rebuff Whateley when he goes on his pretentious rants, but Dunstall would be one.
I like Dunstall but I recon he's too straight laced to replace Robbo.

That Furphy tank better be topped up. He'll still be there the week after. A 2 parter
barney-simpsons.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy co-host Mark Robinson looks set to leave AFL 360 after 14 years in the hot seat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back