Fox Footy officially dead

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what's going to happen is that the three games that 7 & 10 don't show will still be shown on Fox. They are bringing in a Fox Sports 3 channel and the games will still be shown, similar to how the NRL games work currently on Fox.

I'll belive when i get the letter. If true a real shame, love watching shows like White Line Fever, League teams, The Gospel and on the couch.

tugga said:
I think what's going to happen is that the three games that 7 & 10 don't show will still be shown on Fox. They are bringing in a Fox Sports 3 channel and the games will still be shown, similar to how the NRL games work currently on Fox.

and are any of these live ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fevola25 said:
and are any of these live ?
Yep. Still get three lives games and replays of the other five. It's just that you won't get a dedicated footy channel. The NRL games are all shown on Fox still. They get three lives games as well and they also replay the other games over the course of the weekend and through the week. Nothing will change in that regard. I still reckon White Line Fever etc could still exist as Fox Sports 1 & 2 still has its weekly NRL type shows of that regard. I just signed up for the thing, so I'm stuck with it regardless.

Fox Footy

Austar has informed consumers that of September 30 this channel will no longer be "carried."

It is expected that Foxtel will announce that it is being replaced with Fox Sports 3, in coming days.

Re: Fox Footy

Bugz said:
Austar has informed consumers that of September 30 this channel will no longer be "carried."

It is expected that Foxtel will announce that it is being replaced with Fox Sports 3, in coming days.
Hello BUGZ!!:D

Wonder what will the AFL think & whether it will change its mind!!

Oh well good bye foxtel. No idea why the ratings have dropped? I would have though one of the number 1 reasons most peope get Foxtel is because of Fox Footy.

Yes, got a letter from Foxtel Digital this afternoon saying that Fox Footy Channel will cease broadcasting on 30th September and will no longer be carried on Foxtel Digital

.... and now is a "great time" to upgrade to the "My Sport" package

as Fox Sports 3 and an "enhanced" Fox Sports News service will begin 1st October

Here are Pay TV ratings...(last week)

1 LIVE & ACTIVE: NRL SHARKS V EELS (FOX Sports 1) 187,000
2 LIVE: NRL WARRIORS V COWBOYS (FOX Sports 1) 149,000
3 LIVE: NRL RAIDERS V BRONCOS (FOX Sports 1) 135,000
4 LIVE: RND 19 W BULLDOGS V PORT ADELAIDE (FOX Footy) 111,000
5 NRL PANTHERS V ROOSTERS (FOX Sports 1) 87,000
6 LIVE: RND 19 WC EAGLES V KANGAROOS (FOX Footy) 84,000
7 LIVE: ON THE COUCH (FOX Footy) 65,000
8 VIETNAM (History Channel) 65,000
9 LIVE: RND 18 FREMANTLE V HAWTHORN (FOX Footy) 64,000
10 LIVE: FOX LEAGUE TEAMS (FOX Footy) 60,000