Free Agents

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Bresh
Is he playing in the Olympics?
Pretty sure he is from memory. Don't quote me on it, but I'm fairly certain.

I couldn't be stuffed starting a thread for Kerry Kittles, but he was traded to the Clips for a future second round draft pick.
Good deal for the Clips.

Originally posted by mattyc2422
He's about 6'10'' and 240lbs+. I think this coming season is his final one on his contract with his Euro team.

Prior to his accident he dunked on a rim raised to 11 feet, 8 inches high.

Cut the head off and you'd swear that was Bobby Brannen's torso.

Marks secures NBA deal

Related Articles

Marks forced to sit out
Marks committed to Athens campaign

Jul 31, 2004

Tall Black forward Sean Marks has secured his place in the NBA for another year, signing a $1.2 million contract with the San Antonio Spurs for 2004/05.

Marks (28), the first Kiwi to play in the world's premier league after being drafted from the University of California-Berkeley in 1998, spent most of last season behind the Spurs bench on the team's injured reserve.

Nevertheless, he enjoyed the experience with the 2002/03 champions, practicing against international megastars like Tim Duncan (US), Emmanuel Ginobili (Argentina), Hedo Turkoglu (Turkey) and Tony Parker (France).

And club management obviously liked the energy he brought to the practice floor.

Marks is currently with the Tall Blacks preparing for the Athens Olympics and suited up against Duncan in their practice with the United States at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville today.

"I think we do things a little bit differently at the Spurs than most places," says coach Gregg Popovich, an assistant with the American team. "Character and the way people conduct themselves are real important to us, and Sean has values that are important to way we run our programme.

"He is going to be there every day for practice and going to be there every game. He's going to be a team player, he has humility and work ethic, and cares about the success of people around him.

"As a player, he is a good shooter, has good skills, good hands, good enough athleticism. This season, he's somebody

that will be more important to us.

"Last season, he worked every day with Tim Duncan, Mailk Rose and Rasho Nesterovic, knowing he wasn't going to play but working just as hard as they did.

That's why we're signing him again, but this time with the idea of getting some more minutes."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It really sh its me that Sean Marks can get a deal in the NBA and no Aussie can. Hopefully David Andersen impresses during the Olympics so Hawks can sign him up.

Expect atleast 1 trade tomorrow

Antoine Walker to be traded to Atlanta for Jason Terry and Alan Henderson

Jamal Crawford to be sign and traded and Jerome Williams to New York for Dikembe Mutombo, Frank Williams, Cezary Trybanski and Moochie Norris (or Othella Harrington).

Surely the latter, because that first one is non-sensical on both sides...

Well, looks like that Antoine deal is going down. Weird. Atlanta now have an entire roster of small forwards, pretty much.

Dallas:

Harris/Terry
Finley/Daniels
Howard/Stackhouse
Nowitzki/Laettner
Booth/Podkolzine/Congo guy

I don't like this line-up, I don't like it at all. Have a nice day.

Maybe atlanta plays Diaw at PG, who knows what they are upto.

PG - Diaw
SG - Childress
SF - Walker / Smith
PF - Harrington / Collier
C - Pryzbilla

That team is horrible, ahh well im happy they are in the East.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it's quite weird. They could field an intriguing line-up of Diaw and Walker (sharing ball-handling duties) alongside Childress on the perimeter, with Harrington and Dampier on the inside. Most awkward line-up ever, but I could see them making the playoffs if it comes off.

Originally posted by Bresh
Well, looks like that Antoine deal is going down. Weird. Atlanta now have an entire roster of small forwards, pretty much.

Dallas:

Harris/Terry
Finley/Daniels
Howard/Stackhouse
Nowitzki/Laettner
Booth/Podkolzine/Congo guy

I don't like this line-up, I don't like it at all. Have a nice day.

I don't like it either, Dallas have just downgraded an all star team to a lottery all star team, with Terry/ Stack/ L8/ Booth.

I was waiting till August 24 when the 60 day period for L8 and Stack expired, for a trade involving Kidd, but that ain't going to happen with the Walker trade going down.

I dont see why they need Terry when they got Daniels and Harris, whos basically the point guard version of Terry!

They shouldve just let Walker's contract expire or trade for a bigman, they are looking thin at Center.

Theyll be first round casualties this season.

In other News..

Can you believe it, Chicago and NY agreed on a deal that would pay Jamal Crawford 7/55... and Jamal wants more so the trade fell down again :p :p Geez a undersized 2 that cant drive, inconsistent shooter, cant play off the ball and has next to 0 defence wants 10+ mil a year.. I guess hes got some nice Rucker Park moves.

I think Kings are favourites to sign Rodney White...I wonder what they signed Tag too.. White + Tag > Vlade

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Can you believe it, Chicago and NY agreed on a deal that would pay Jamal Crawford 7/55... and Jamal wants more so the trade fell down again :p :p Geez a undersized 2 that cant drive, inconsistent shooter, cant play off the ball and has next to 0 defence wants 10+ mil a year..

Almost as funny as DMiles wanting 9 per...

JC and D-Miles are maybe 5 mil a year talent, they arent complete players, this off-season has been a disgrace, owners have gone nuts...like ive said before im happy the Bulls didnt do anything outragous, weve signed the best player in Euroleague for about 3.3 mil a year for 3 which I find decent.

The Chicago/New York deal is all but done, expect Jamal Crawford to be the newest overpaid Knick tomorrow.

Chicago will trade Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams to New York for Cezary Trybanski, Frank Williams, Othella Harrington and Dikembe Mutombo

Chicago get about 9 million in expiring contracts for Jamal Crawford :D , and dump JYD at the same time.

Chicago will make the playoffs

Kirk Hinrich / Frank Williams
Ben Gordon / Eddie Robinson
Andres Nocioni / Luol Deng
Tyson Chandler / Antonio Davis / Othella Harrington
Eddy Curry / Dikembe Mutombo

PhatandPhreaky have you heard about the Bonzi plus Stro for Eddy and Eddie rumour? I hope it doesnt go through, but apparently Eddy is once again horribly out of shape.

GO BULLS :)

Spurs have re-signed Horry (1 year deal with PO) and Marks (officially official), and also signed Massenburg.

Hopefully Horry has a lessened role and Rose gets more time.

I'd still like to see a young guy signed. Noel Felix please.

Horry > Rogers anyway. Rogers went to NO.

Lakers re-signed Medvedenko for 2 years.

The longest trade I can think of (6 weeks non stop speculation!) will be over tomorrow when Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams officially become Knicks in exchange for Cezary Trybanski, Dikembe Mutombo, Frank Williams and Othella Harrington.

The Bulls have 14 million or something like that in expiring deals this offseason, and a further 21 million next off-season, were going to have a splash like Pheonix and Denver have done hopefully, filling in vital pieces.

Great trade by Paxson, farewell Jamal, Knicks overpaid bigtime.... Jamals biggest offer was 39 million, and the Knicks trumped that with 55 million, thats a huge difference.

Kukoc is expected to remain a Buck.

Sixers got Corliss Williamson and an undisclosed amount of cash in exchange for forward Derrick Coleman and center Amal McCaskill.

Wiz signed Samaki Walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back