Free Agents

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Seriously though, I admit I never liked him or any Utah players, but hes a decent signing, Brad Miller and C-Webb are going to get atleast 35-40 mins a game, Ostertag can atleast bruise some bigmen and get some boards and play physical D for 15-20 mins a night, they couldve done much worst thats for sure.

And in others news Vlade Divac becomes starting center for the LA Lakers
I think he is a decent get BUT I am extremely p|ssed off that we let Divac go. He WAS the heart and soul of that team. Maloof bros credit him for turning the franchise around but were unwilling to offer him a decent contract. I thinkhe deserved better considering how much some of the players are overpaid on that roster.

Hopefully Kings can keep Songalia.

I sincierly wish Divac the best of luck. Its somewhat ironic that he is set to finish his career with the team that he started with. All I can say is that Kobe will be at the receiving end of some of Vlade's freaky passes :)

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I think he is a decent get BUT I am extremely p|ssed off that we let Divac go. He WAS the heart and soul of that team. Maloof bros credit him for turning the franchise around but were unwilling to offer him a decent contract. I thinkhe deserved better considering how much some of the players are overpaid on that roster.

You can't give someone the MLE if they're just going to play 20 minutes a night. It just doesn't make sense. Contract offers are based on the services that will be rendered in the future, rather than what you've given in the past. Unfortunate sometimes, but the only way to compete.

Sheed re-signs for 5 years, $57 million

DETROIT -- Rasheed Wallace helped transform the Detroit Pistons from contenders to NBA champions last month. Now, he's coming back for more.

The unrestricted free agent forward has agreed to a five-year contract worth $57 million, a source told ESPN Insider Chad Ford on Wednesday.

The league source expected Wallace to sign the deal on Thursday. Wallace is to meet with reporters at a news conference Friday morning at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Wallace, who made $17 million last season, was acquired in a three-team deal Feb. 19 to put the Pistons over the top. And he did.

click here

Originally posted by Bresh
You can't give someone the MLE if they're just going to play 20 minutes a night. It just doesn't make sense. Contract offers are based on the services that will be rendered in the future, rather than what you've given in the past. Unfortunate sometimes, but the only way to compete.
If one of the reports on one of the other boards is true then Kings are real tossers. The report suggests that Ostertag will be paid $4Mill next year. If this is true then the are bunch of **** weak ****ers. I am certain Vlade would have said for $4mill.

I hope someone is taking the p|ss out of someone.

EDIT: Looks like its true. :( :mad:

'Tag out: Center joins Kings
Longtime Jazz player signing with Sacramento
By Steve Luhm
The Salt Lake Tribune

Greg Ostertag, a nine-year veteran of the Jazz, announces his deal to play for Sacramento. (Trent Nelson/The Salt Lake Tribune)

The Jazz offered Greg Ostertag $2.3 million a year to continue his NBA career in Utah.
It wasn't enough.
Ostertag, the Jazz's enigmatic center for the last nine years, announced Tuesday that he plans to sign a free-agent contract with Sacramento.
Ostertag's new deal will be worth $4 million next season, league sources said. He will also own an option on returning to the Kings in 2005-06.
"I'm pumped," Ostertag said at an impromptu press conference at Thanksgiving Point, where he talked to the media after participating in a benefit golf tournament.
"It's going to be difficult, leaving. I'll probably have a tear when we roll out of Utah. But I'm excited. . . . You've got to put Sacramento in the top three teams in the West."
It is unclear how badly the Jazz wanted to re-sign Ostertag. But vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor said his recent contract offers to restricted free agents Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur - deals worth a combined total of $118 million - limited what Utah could offer Ostertag.
"We wish Greg the best," O'Connor said. "There just wasn't a whole lot else we could do."
Said Jazz coach Jerry Sloan: "We hate to see Greg go. We're going to miss him. But we had a decision to make and money was a factor."
Ostertag was Utah's first-round draft pick in 1995, and he was a starter on teams which reached the NBA Finals in 1997 and 1998.
But Ostertag was plagued by inconsistency during his career. His play was especially disappointing in recent years and reached a low point last season, when Ostertag ended up as a sporadically used reserve despite playing on a team begging for solid post play and veteran leadership.
"I didn't meet everybody's expectations," Ostertag said. "But I think I had more good games than bad games. . . . The bad ones just stand out a little more."
Ostertag's stay in Utah will also be remembered because of his public spats with Sloan, who described their relationship as "unique. . . . We banged heads with each other from time to time. But I'll always think very highly of Greg."
Ostertag said he "had no regrets" about the years he spent with the Jazz, "even though there were times me and Jerry locked horns."
Ostertag called Sloan on Tuesday, a couple of hours before he spoke to the media.
"I just wanted to thank him for all the good times we had - and there were some good times," said Ostertag.
He characterized his many run-ins with Sloan as differences that arose between "two stubborn guys who didn't want to give ground sometimes."
In recent weeks, Ostertag has been courted by several teams, including Milwaukee, Toronto, Phoenix, Houston and Sacramento. He picked the Kings, partly because they just lost veteran center Vlade Divac, who signed a free-agent deal with the Lakers.
Divac's departure should translate to playing time for Ostertag.
"I'm going to have a good opportunity," he said. "I'm going to get plenty of time to prove myself and maybe get a better contract" for 2005-06.
Ostertag knew his chances of returning to Utah diminished when Boozer and Okur signed offer sheets that the Jazz do not believe will be matched by Cleveland and Detroit.
"I understand what happened," he said. "There are no hard feelings. They tied up all their money in two guys."
Ostertag's final choice of new teams came down to Phoenix, where he has built a home, and Sacramento.
"It's been back and forth with [the Kings] and Phoenix for about a week," Ostertag said. "Phoenix had a good offer on the table, but they wanted me to wait until the end of the month. . . . If things had fallen through, I would have been out in the cold. And I was afraid of losing a good thing."
Houston was also in the late running for Ostertag, but his role as a backup to emerging star Yao Ming made him hesitant about joining the rising Rockets.
"Houston was in there tough," Ostertag said. "But one thing I was scared of there was playing time. There just wasn't going to be a lot of playing time. . . . They came in with the most money. But playing time was a big issue with me."

Linky

Perhaps they think Divac is redundant because Brad Miller can do the exact same things...maybe hes not as good of a passer...but then they still have the best passing PF in the NBA... Mr Chris Webber. I heard Tag signed for the league minimum, im surprised now...4 million...wow.

Greg Ostertag # 00

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Perhaps they think Divac is redundant because Brad Miller can do the exact same things...maybe hes not as good of a passer...but then they still have the best passing PF in the NBA... Mr Chris Webber. I heard Tag signed for the league minimum, im surprised now...4 million...wow.

Greg Ostertag # 00
and please tell me what does Ostertag offer that Divac doesn't?????? I you had $4million to spend on one of those 2 who would you choose??????

As for best passing PF, I think you are seriously underrating KG.

and please tell me what does Ostertag offer that Divac doesn't?????? I you had $4million to spend on one of those 2 who would you choose??????

As for best passing PF, I think you are seriously underrating KG.

Ostertag is a better rebounder, defender and shotblocker.

And KG isnt in C-Webb's class when it comes to passing..

Hassell gets 27 mil from the Blazers...
My god.....thats all I got to say.....The poor mans Bruce Bowen is going to make more money than Bruce Bowen.

Regarding the potential Chicago/NY trade

isiah_beg.gif

No need to say anything more...

Nets to sign former first-round pick Nenad Krstic
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 1 day ago

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Former first-round draft pick Nenad Krstic will join the New Jersey Nets next season after reaching a buyout agreement with his European team.

The 24th pick overall in the 2002 draft, Krstic is expected to sign his NBA contract Tuesday pending the transfer of his rights from Partizan Belgrade to the Nets and passing his physical, agent David Bauman said.
"I look forward to playing in the NBA," said the center, power forward-center from Serbia. "I learned a lot playing for Partizan and winning a national championship with them. I am excited about coming to play for the Nets and helping to get the team back to the NBA Finals."

Terms of the buyout were not immediately available.

"Nenad is ready to play in the NBA and I think he can help the Nets immediately," Bauman said.

The 7-foot Krstic is expected to start for the Serbia-Montenegro team at the Athens Olympics.

The Nets announced the signing of rookie free agent center Kyle Davis, who played for the team in the recent summer league in Orlando.

"He is an aggressive rebounder and shot blocker, and we feel that he will provide us with additional depth at the center position," Nets president Rod Thorn said.

Davis averaged 5.8 points and 6 rebounds at Auburn and is second in the SEC behind Shaquille O'Neal with 360 career blocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indy sign Eddie Gill for 1 season.

...he's our 3rd PG, which means Brewer definitely won't be back...and Rashad Wright will have to really prove he can play if we're gonna keep him beyond camp.

:)
krle-netsi.jpg
Bah, we still have the rights to Robertas Javtokas. Wait till the beast is unleashed one day. :D
Just to paint a portrait...
Jav-.jpg

And Eddie Gill is pretty good for a IR guy. Someone must save Brewer - that hair cannot be lost to the NBA.

I remember after the 01 draft I checked out this page http://www.nbadraft.net/2001draftgrades.htm and I saw a at the time long long name in Robertas Javtokas Lietuvos Rytas ...lol up until last year I thought it was his name till I realised the last 2 were his team name :rolleyes:

His arms are huge, he looks mean with the tat aswell....but for true foreign sensation, look no further than the great

andres-nocioni1-hd.jpg

Dre Nocioni

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=92841
Report: Raptors will match for Mo Pete

TSN.ca Staff with CP, Sun files

7/29/2004

The Toronto Sun reports that the Raptors will match an offer sheet that forward Morris Peterson signed with the New Orleans Hornets two weeks ago.

The Hornets did not release the amount of the offer, citing club policy. Peterson's agent, Rob Pelinka, said the deal was worth $15 million US over three years

Arnie:p

His arms are MONSTEROUS.:eek:
They sure are. And this is after recovering from a serious motorbike accident.

He's lost some athleticism and hops, but he's still got awesome low post moves for a man that was told he'd never play again.

I really hope he gets the chance to come over the Spurs one day.

Originally posted by mattyc2422
They sure are. And this is after recovering from a serious motorbike accident.

He's lost some athleticism and hops, but he's still got awesome low post moves for a man that was told he'd never play again.

I really hope he gets the chance to come over the Spurs one day.
Whats his height and weight??????

Whats his height and weight??????
He's about 6'10'' and 240lbs+. I think this coming season is his final one on his contract with his Euro team.

Prior to his accident he dunked on a rim raised to 11 feet, 8 inches high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back