Club Focus Fremantle 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited:
Looks like Tigers are going finish last.

They will sell the Bolton & the Bakers , Rioli, Graham , Balta and even the Hopper they just traded to get young talent now
desperate times for the Tigers
It’s amusing getting trolled by a club who has won exactly nothing. Massive off season for Freo, reckon Bolton exactly what they need, but will they pay up. Hard times are easier to go through when you’ve won things….

It’s amusing getting trolled by a club who has won exactly nothing. Massive off season for Freo, reckon Bolton exactly what they need, but will they pay up. Hard times are easier to go through when you’ve won things….
Nah, it's amusing that a Tigers supporter can come in and post something that is tongue in cheek, I can respond in a similar tongue and cheek matter and you get all in your feels at my response. Relax Felicia, I would kill to be in your position.

You'd be surprised. Because of our history, many Freo supporters basically don't want to trade at all and would be happy just drafting. Plus, Freo supporters whinge and complain online but really, we like attention. We'll turn up basically regardless and "support da boys" no matter what.

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

If we trade all three x 1st rounders I'll spew up.

You'd be surprised. Because of our history, many Freo supporters basically don't want to trade at all and would be happy just drafting. Plus, Freo supporters whinge and complain online but really, we like attention. We'll turn up basically regardless and "support da boys" no matter what.

We've had a patient approach since the start of this process but maybe they'll snap this year. Confident the trades that are worked out will be fair enough for everyone. Whatever Richmond supporters claim, their club wants picks or there's not even a discussion on Bolton in the first place. They won't get more for Bolton than this year, it's not a one way street.
Whats your opinion on the trade out come
#11 + #12 + 16 looks unders but we may have to just accept i suppose

Whats your opinion on the trade out come
#11 + #12 + 16 looks unders but we may have to just accept i suppose
I guess we'll just have to chuck in the future 1st as well. Getting the greatest player in the AFL means it's going to be pick 30 next year when we win the flag anyway

Question? Why isn't Will Brodie getting a game? Not even 1 game for this season? I can't believe that?

Because JLO would rather play Fyfe even though he can't handball or kick a footy anymore
The year 2022 ( I think ) I thought he was recruit of the year! Was playing awesome footy. I wouldn't mind if Geelong were interested in him.. yes his contracted but is worth not much in a pick

Question? Why isn't Will Brodie getting a game? Not even 1 game for this season? I can't believe that?
He's been asked to work on the defensive side of his game for about 2 years now and he's maybe moved backwards in that respect. If he was only average at something other than ball-winning, he'd probably get a spot. But reality is he's not notable overhead for his height, can't cover ground, doesn't defend at stoppage, can't really kick. The fact that old Nat Fyfe has done a better job learning to be the "role player" of the midfield than Brodie has despite Brodie having surely known that'd be his role for a lot longer is an incredible indictment on Brodie.

Reality is the 1 thing he does well is something that Freo were league leaders in without him. Unless it's a real superstar like Warner who's worth making the collective play more defensively, anyone entering the midfield mix has to embrace being the role player. Serong, Young and Brayshaw are all AA squad members. Serong's 1 of the best ball winners about, just about the only thing stopping Young breaking the ceiling is he doesn't have 4-quarter AFL midfield fitness just yet (give it another pre-season), and Brayshaw is an elite 2-way mid.

We probably need 1 of the younger mids to be our Willem Drew next season: the main 3 are too good for that role, Fyfe is too old for that role but has tried his best to replicate some version of it, and if Brodie was capable we or Gold Coast would've seen it by now. Need to ship Brodie off to some team desperate for ball winners.

If I'm freo, I'm getting jlo, Brayshaw and serong on a plane and whoever Perthshire best chef is that likes the dockers and I'm meeting christian petracca and saying we want you to lead us to our first flag. Forget Bolton

9 & 27 for Bolton.

That is pretty fair for mine. He is a great player albeit consistent. Even Caroline Wilson says he isn’t worth two 1st rounders.

I know for fact (second hand info) his Mrs wanted back two years ago. They always planned to come back. Richmond can get that $ off the books too.

If Baker wants in…I am ok with 17 going to them, with a later pick coming back our way. Possibly one of their picks in the 40’s. Fairly sure he’s Eagles bound though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to ship Brodie off to some team desperate for ball winners.
Maybe West Coast, he wouldn't have to move far. Or Richmond or St Kilda if he wants to move back to Victoria. North and Adelaide would probably rather get games into their kids, and every other teams has a midfield good enough to not need Brodie.

Can a good freo supporter make a best 23 with Bolton , Pickett , Warner , Baker in the team

Just want to see if its 6 or 7 flags they will win in a row

Ryan, Pearce, Walker
Clark, Cox, Chapman
Brayshaw, Serong, O'Driscoll
Frederick, Treacy, Bolton
Pickett, Amiss, Jackson

Darcy, Warner, Young

Baker, Johnson, Sturt, Sharp, Switkowski

Genuinely curious about who Freo supporters would want more between Kozzie and Bolton?

Unsure that they have the resources to get both without giving up player collateral.

Personally, I think they should prioritise Kozzie given his consistency.

Genuinely curious about who Freo supporters would want more between Kozzie and Bolton?

Unsure that they have the resources to get both without giving up player collateral.

Personally, I think they should prioritise Kozzie given his consistency.
How is Kossie more consistent ?
Bolton playing in the wooden spoon team thats been killed by injuries stats this year has been easily equal to kossie which has been in a better team until recently

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Fremantle 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back