Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Played very well tonight. Essendon’s talls were dominated by the backline (Pearce is going to be a serious player), their ball movement was smart and they hit their targets when moving inside 50. A lot to like about their performance, pick ups played well and the young guns Cerra and Brayshaw showed a bit too.

Good defensive performance against Dons. Still lacking sure hands inside 50, Mundy and Fyfe still the best in that department. Taberner and McCarthy worked up the ground a lot, and I don't know why because they didn't really use the ball that effectively.

If they can find more structure when attacking then they will be a top 8 team.

Their mids were no existen on saturday, their fwd lines the same as last year and their defense was a shambles...., tipping the Dons to get up quite easily

Spot on. Every freo fan goes on about how great their midfield is. Nonsense.

Look disinterested on Saturday. Blown off the map.

For a team that is 3rd year into a rebuild its hard to see where, if any, improvement has come.

More so when the side had the second oldest average age team wise in round 1
Good call fellas. Freo won 16.10.106 to Essendons 14.6.90

playing a terrific brand of footy with an elite midfield, they've made some really smart additions and have been very good on the wider grounds for sometime. they suit the new stadium perfectly.

will play finals IMO
see Chief this is why we need alternative buttons than the like button

I think Ross is doing a good job with the rebuild so far.

Still need to replace Sandy & Johnson but a lot of the pieces seem to be in place.
Already got a Sandilands replacement. Sean Darcy is a 202cm 110kg ruck. From Geelong under 18s. Ironically had his debut game vs the Cats in Geelong late last year. Got 38 hit outs a 14 disposals. His other god game ws las year vs North in Docklands a he beat Todd Goldstein, 34 hit outs to 31.

We already got a Johnson replacement. Brennan cox played 10 games and kicked 4 goals In his debut year last season. He is harry Taylor type swingman.

Just need to find that pav Replacement. As Stated, Happy with tarberner to kick 30 a year and get a ruck/Forward to kick 30 a year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

playing a terrific brand of footy with an elite midfield, they've made some really smart additions and have been very good on the wider grounds for sometime. they suit the new stadium perfectly.

will play finals IMO

Mods!!!

Need to lock StCicatriz's account. It's obvious from this post it's been hacked. :)

Mods!!!

Need to lock StCicatriz's account. It's obvious from this post it's been hacked. :)

BigFootyFreo: "tell us what you really think of Freo?"
Me: "Ross is a fantastic coach with a great tactical mind. A hard task master with a great sense of empathy and player welfare"
BigFootyFreo: "hahahaha we said freo not ross"
Me: "Ross is a fantastic coach with a great tactical mind. A hard task master with a great sense of empathy and player welfare"
BigFootyFreo: "hang on, have you been coached to say this?"

in all seriousness though, freo are back. very richmond like game style. the disposal has improved out of sight. pressure is back. they have a good mix of kids in there. it just sucks its freo ;-)

if i was a freo fan i'd be very very happy

I assumed it was dripping with sarcasm/irony.

it'd be interesting to see how well you go on the wider groups vs the smaller grounds. it feels like your record at the MCG has been pretty good which should transition to Perth stadium pretty well. opposite of the eagles

They need one or two big key Forwards and maybe one more big inside midfielder (like cripps at the blues). That's literally all that team is missing. A lot of young players in the team doesn't make things easy either. Will be there or thereabouts but i think they're one or two seasons away from really challenging

If we had a key forward like a Charlie Dixon or Ben Brown we’d be looking at finals imo, but we don’t so we should at least win a couple more games then last year, so based on that we will win less then last year. Life of a freo supporter is hard guys.

"Nonsense" fits this post perfectly!
Certainly does. This week anyway.

A real Jeckl and Hyde start to the season.
Interested to see how they fare this week after all the fireworks of their first home game and against a side their expected to win against.

My query on why Ross played those seasoned hacks in the first game as he did last year remains, ditto Ballantyne again last night - absolutely past it.

The new boys looked at home. Freo looked like their former selves.

Round 3, will the real Freo please stand up....

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Dockers 2018/19 season watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back