Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell, expect Rucci and Timmy G to get a call down to the club and a stern talking to for daring question King Kenny's gameplan.
? Maybe the club is working on changing the narrative that poor old Kenny is not really being held back by the multiple all Australians he's got at his disposal.

Also the last two years ae have moved Chad Cornes to defense coach in 2022 and forward coach in 2023 and both lines have looked to have become dysfunctional. Maybe he is not up to it as a line coach?

Maybe ??
If we are honest he’s our least competent line coach we’ve had for quite some time.

"Yesterday’s game against Fremantle, we learnt a lot. We possessed the ball a lot and had many opportunities but we just couldn’t make the most of them and our defence broke down a little bit at stages"
For * sake Ollie. You would think that they would realise they've been repeating the same s**t week after week for years now.
Sack Ken
6FA819FA-EAD9-49AD-A6DD-8F3FC1DE57DF.jpeg

missed the game last night- trying to watch the replay on kayo. replay doesnt exist- why do i pay for kayo again?
It was there last night ... I was watching it on replay around 10pm when it suddenly crashed, and I kept getting an error message. So I turned over to watch a replay of Day 2 of Aus/India test, when it suddenly crashed too. Gave up after my 10th try, and contacted Kayo, thinking it was just a problem my end. Got this reply:

Hi Tibbs,
Thanks for keeping in touch and we sincerely apologize for the persisting issue you are having. We'd like to inform you that we are already aware of the issue with Ind V Australia Day 2 and Port v Fremantle. Our technical team is currently working on a resolution for this. In the meantime, we suggest to keep trying from time to time and see if it will work.

Should you have other concerns, please let us know and we'll be glad to help. Have a great day!

Cheers,
Justin

Your Support Crew

Ya know Dixon, Jonas, and Lycett were never really the A graders in their position at their peak. Boak was good, but probs lacked some polish by foot and clutch goal kicking. Anyway these guys are very important to our side now - they make us competitive, but they aren’t gonna lead us to a premiership. Reaching prelims is the limit. This is ok gives the young fellas finals experience.

It’s the Under 25s though who probably have the best chance to win us a premiership. Good development side of midfielders - Rozee, Butters, JHF, Bergman, Duursma and good potential players - Burgoyne, Jones, Sinn etc.

The issue though for us is all about young talls, and their need to become better than Dixon, Jonas, Lycett. This is what now turns us into a premiership winning side.

Marshall has shown he is good to go now, he will be serviceable, and may produce more than Dixon in time, but that is it. Georgi has potential but he is not really that tall and still needs a few years. No ruckman that is gonna be elite. Hayes is a TRex like Lobbe. No great key defenders - we all hold hope for Pasini.

So really we won’t win a premiership until we either develop or magically recruit key talls, at both ends, and in the ruck knocking out Lycett, Dixon and Jonas.

I reckon we need 2x top 6 players in the League - either key forward, ruck or key defender to win the flag.

Apart from a couple of bizarre howlers the umpiring wasn't that bad.

Here's another news flash we've been an undisciplined side giving away needless free kicks for ages now.
I thought yesterday we caved under their pressure. We haven't trained with any intensity all preseason and when under the pump we fumbled and bumbled our way around, including panicking many times and giving away a heap of sloppy, un-composed frees

Just watched those decisions against Lycett and Aliir again, **** me that was horrendous. Made worse by the completely neutral and bias-free Matthew Pavlich straight away agreeing with the calls and saying they'd both 'taken a step' 🙄

Anyway, that was the least of our problems yesterday but it definitely didn't help as they both directly resulted in Fremantle goals.

Just watched those decisions against Lycett and Aliir again, * me that was horrendous. Made worse by the completely neutral and bias-free Matthew Pavlich straight away agreeing with the calls and saying they'd both 'taken a step' 🙄

Anyway, that was the least of our problems yesterday but it definitely didn't help as they both directly resulted in Fremantle goals.
Agree but we’re still miles off it. To again not go in fit, in form and ready for round 1 after 2022 should be the final nail in the Hinkley-Davies-Bassett-Cornes mass coffin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've defended Jonas a bit on here as i still think he is best 22, but he hasn't had a great pre season so far. The decision to make him captain again is super strange, and really doesn't make sense that we didn't add anyone else to the leadership group when 2/3 look to be struggling just to hold their spot in the team. Rozee and SPP would've been nice additions.

Back on defence, Allir has also been rubbish too but no one ever seems to mention that, there is a fixation on Jonas and that probably is the part that annoys me because Allir can get out maneuvered, out muscled, turn the ball over all game and everyone still thinks he is great. But he isn't. He hasn't been good since 2021. He also laughed when he fumbled and kicked the ball out on the full, if Jonas did that he would be crucified. Allir has obviously fit in well to the be a good person club and is having fun but it's time for him to get serious now and get back to how he was playing in 2021.

the cannon easily looked like our most trustworthy key defender and he isn't even a proper key defender.

Glad you mentioned Aliir. He had a stand out 2021 but his intercept marking has fallen away and he definitely needs to lift. In '21 Aliir showed he had the ability to read the play, intercept, and rebound but of late he seems to have become more of a spoiler. Like a lot of players Aliir seems to have been forced into the Hinkley defensive mode where he gets the ball and looks for the short option mainly because we do not have players making position down the ground. Hopefully Aliir can get back to the 2021 form.

Can someone explain to me why the senior players get off Scott free for everything wrong with the side?

I understand the Hinkley saga, I want him gone as much as anyone but as soon as you mention the senior players with him you get absolute nonsense that our list is a top 8 list, or any club would love our list when facts and the evidence of the past decade puts the senior players at as much fault as Hinkley as they're the ones defending Hinkley at every opportunity they get.

I don't get it. Even against Fremantle on Thursday our senior players were a problem again. Lycett was given a epic bath by Darcy, Dixon offered nothing bar a spell in the ruck, Jonas is offering not much, DBJ is going backwards at a rate of knots, Wines isn't fit nor ready for round 1 against arguably the best midfield in the competition which has been well documented the list goes on.

I'm not knocking what the Dixon's, Boak's, Wines, Jonas, DBJ, Lycett and co have achieved in their careers I just don't see how they offer us a chance at a Premiership, or how they get away with constant failures in big moments. Anytime you mention it you get a barrage of its only Hinkley's fault so either I'm watching a different sport or should be more grateful they try really hard.

Can someone explain to me why the senior players get off Scott free for everything wrong with the side?

I understand the Hinkley saga, I want him gone as much as anyone but as soon as you mention the senior players with him you get absolute nonsense that our list is a top 8 list, or any club would love our list when facts and the evidence of the past decade puts the senior players at as much fault as Hinkley as they're the ones defending Hinkley at every opportunity they get.

I don't get it. Even against Fremantle on Thursday our senior players were a problem again. Lycett was given a epic bath by Darcy, Dixon offered nothing bar a spell in the ruck, Jonas is offering not much, DBJ is going backwards at a rate of knots, Wines isn't fit nor ready for round 1 against arguably the best midfield in the competition which has been well documented the list goes on.

I'm not knocking what the Dixon's, Boak's, Wines, Jonas, DBJ, Lycett and co have achieved in their careers I just don't see how they offer us a chance at a Premiership, or how they get away with constant failures in big moments. Anytime you mention it you get a barrage of its only Hinkley's fault so either I'm watching a different sport or should be more grateful they try really hard.
All of this is true but who keeps picking these blokes ? I mean the excuses not to play Hayes are a parody at this point as an example

It's the culture of the club those at the top have systematically destroyed this club we will continue to be a stench until the club takes a Broome to it.
My advice is get used to it as there is NO premierships in sight.

The two big issues that irked me during the match were that 1. The majority of the players didn't seem like they had an actual position: you couldn't definitively state that a player played as a forward/defender/etc. for most of the team across the match it seemed unsettled and completely confused/messed up. 2. (Perhaps in relation to 1) there was no forward setup going on, regardless of the cr*p delivery, the forward 50 was just a "we'll react to whatever comes in"; the lack of preparation/order meant there were times when we didn't have a single player within 60m of goal.

It's the culture of the club those at the top have systematically destroyed this club we will continue to be a stench until the club takes a Broome to it.
My advice is get used to it as there is NO premierships in sight.
I'm not accepting that, nor should I have to same as anyone and everyone else.

The happy clappers can idolize these guys, the way they do Hinkley but like most here I've watched enough footy to know what I'm looking at and seeing.

Sooner we get Tredders involved in the club the better, someone who thinks like a real Port Adelaide person, is a real Port Adelaide person and won't accept the status quo anymore. Everyone needs to back him in to get on the board.

Ya know Dixon, Jonas, and Lycett were never really the A graders in their position at their peak. Boak was good, but probs lacked some polish by foot and clutch goal kicking. ....

Am I the only one who remembers Boak being a clutch goal kicker til around 2015?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm not accepting that, nor should I have to same as anyone and everyone else.

The happy clappers can idolize these guys, the way they do Hinkley but like most here I've watched enough footy to know what I'm looking at and seeing.

Sooner we get Tredders involved in the club the better, someone who thinks like a real Port Adelaide person, is a real Port Adelaide person and won't accept the status quo anymore. Everyone needs to back him in to get on the board.
Kick out Koch. Replace with Tredders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back