Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 Rookie Draft Pick: Tobe Watson [Rookie Pick #22]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the ginger ninja on getting another rookie contract for 2021.

Showed a lot of composure coming in and stepping up while the rest of the defender teammates fell around him.

A natural footballer who I would love to see get a lot of games and develop further but at Freo how does he get a game???

Good. Was quite impressive in the games he played. Adds to our stock of medium sized defenders.
Won’t have to worry about taking a skinny half back flanker from rural Vic in the draft this year.
Perhaps no more than one anyway.

****ing love Ginger Dawson. Looks and plays like an old school defender. Was going to be genuinely disappointed if we couldn't keep him on our list beyond this season.

The way he moves and his body language is just really solid and impressive for how raw he's actually supposed to be at AFL level. So calm. He's a pretty versatile defender too, so he's perfect for depth - although I'd love to see him cement his spot in the B22 and think he's very capable of doing so based on what we've seen.

I think he reminds me of Hughes, doesn't have a clear strength, just does a lot of the things that are needed when they're needed to, and does them right. Does his job and doesn't care about looking flashy. Just another disciplined soldier playing his role. Love it.

After a handful of consistent performances so far, I'm excited to see what he can eventually become.

Pay and contract length the tangible ones. I suspect knowing you are the 41st-42nd man can't be great for your confidence either.

Knowing that you are the 40th plus player on the list, is a great spur going into the summer break. With the motto, “I’m gunna prove to these blighters that I’m as good or better than them”.

Over summer, instead of doing a daily 5km run, lift that to a daily 8km run. Do daily swimming of laps ( lung capacity ), more yoga sessions etc.

Players on the main list can become complacent and take things for granted, a player on the Rookie List can do a Barlow and just attack everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing that you are the 40th plus player on the list, is a great spur going into the summer break. With the motto, “I’m gunna prove to these blighters that I’m as good or better than them”.

Over summer, instead of doing a daily 5km run, lift that to a daily 8km run. Do daily swimming of laps ( lung capacity ), more yoga sessions etc.

Players on the main list can become complacent and take things for granted, a player on the Rookie List can do a Barlow and just attack everything.
The difference between Watson and Dixon perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back