French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

double fault worst way to go out! Good game, would have liked another set but congrats to Nadal that is 7 now, pretty scary to think he is still only 26, if he goes injury free he could end up with 10 or more on the clay

So disappointed for Novak to lose the final with a df. Shattered for him. Also for the fact that he was in control last night and would have gone on to win if the match continued last night (imo).

But I am absolutely rapt for Nadal getting his 7th RG title. He has lost the last 3 slam finals to Novak, so he definitely owed him some payback. Bring on Wimbledon!

Order restored, Rafa is the reigning Grand Slam champion! That was the most I've seen him and his box celebrate for a LONG time. That's a compliment to Djokovic more than anything - who was once again outstanding. Just happened to come up against the greatest clay court player of all.

Look out Roger, Rafa well and truly has 16 in his sights!

Well, that was a bit of an anti-climax, but oh well. Probably the right result in the end.

Also its intersting to see they do an interview with the winner now. Personally I don't like how Wimby and the US just do an interview at the presentation because I think a speech has much greater effect. The french have gone the right way with a speech and then just a couple of questions later. Anyway this is the unimportant stuff I think about :p.

When Wimby finishes I'm gonna be lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a bit of a damp squib in the end, it's always a shame when the natural momentum of a game is lost due to breaks in play.

Very happy for Nadal, to have the most wins in any single GS is a great achievement, although perhaps Federer doesn't see it that way with his comments about how 'the margins are lower on clay':) .

It's a bit of a shame he was injured in 2009 and lost to Soderling and didn't get to defend his Wimbeldon crown, if he'd have won those 2 he'd be only one behind Federer now...ifs and buts and all that I know.

Be very interesting Wimbledon now for sure, couldn't imagine quite how the bookies pick their favourite, I suppose form in the lead up tournamanets will play some part but not sure that Djok is actually playing any is he?

Could not be more delighted by Rafa's victory today. Even more happy that it was against Djokovic for a couple of reasons. (a) It was great to see Rafa chip away at Novak's recent domination of him, and (b) I don't like sportspeople who choose to bring political symbolism into sport. It's uncalled for and unsportsmanlike. Rather unfortunate because Novak is a brilliant tennis player, he doesn't need all that BS he carries onto the court.

Well done Rafa. Once again you have shown your pure class and talent. :D

The final was a bit of a let down to be honest. Outside that run of games Djokovic put together during the heaviest conditions, it wasn't much of a contest. Even Federer put up a better fight last year.
Difference being Nadal was in his worst form for 5 years, last year. This time 'round he's more or less at the peak of his powers. He brings yesterday's form and intensity to the 2011 Final, he wins a very comfortable 3 setter IMO.

The difference last year was the balls, which suited Federer quite a lot.

Great win for Nadal though, unfortunately I was away and missed most of the final but seems like it was reasonably comfortable other than when it was a bit wet. Hard to see him stopping at 7 FO's. If he stays healthy he could finish with some pretty crazy number.

Remove this Banner Ad

French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back