Selggad

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
South of the River
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SUUUUUUbbiiiiiiiii
I am a little bewildered as to whether the umpires were actually cheating or just incredibly incompetent - examples, Mcpharlins's mark given to Tommahawk who goaled, DeBoer being penalised for leaping completely over the Geelong player and putting a foot in his back along the way 30m from the Freo goal dead in front, Pavlich being held by the neck of the jumper while running to a marking contest and being penalised for doing so, and a lot of others along the way. There were probably 8 or 9 decisions that appeared designed to keep the cats in the game i.e . decisions that either gave the cats a goal or robbed Freo of an opportunity, that one has to wonder whether the conspiracy has already began to try and keep Freo out of the GF this year. We won, and won well, but with decent umpiring it would have been over by half time.

whats with the ever increasing attack on the umpires?
you get bad calls in every game.
Great win by the dockers

And I forgot the 'Frodo reported for pinching' incident. I can see the way the game is going and the future headlines.

"Fletcher reported for standing on Barry hall's foot"
"Prestagiacomo gets two for nudging Browne in the ribs"
"Lake suspended for pulling Mooney's underarm hair"
"Anderson defends AFLs new tough stance on forward abuse"

It's all down hill from here by the look of todays game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate freo and was praying for a bloodbath, but i had the score at 6 to 2 for dodgy umpiring decisions. It is a pity the bad decisions were so soft. Good game except the lack of biffo.

Did you take the Geelong rule into account?

Is that the "give credit to the man attacking the ball first" rule? If so, then kudos to you.

Not at all - I think it is a little bit like the Nicole Kidman effect. Because they are the "great team" of the current times umpires believe their players are unlikely to infringe, or if they are caught out, probably did the right thing.

Not at all - I think it is a little bit like the Nicole Kidman effect. Because they are the "great team" of the current times umpires believe their players are unlikely to infringe, or if they are caught out, probably did the right thing.

Well that's bullshit... apart from the idiotic 5m infringement rule (that led to insane 30-45 metre penalties... (would you buy land off those maggots?) ) I think they were pretty good.

In the end it was the team that turned it over less that won... as in most games.

Well that's bullshit... apart from the idiotic 5m infringement rule (that led to insane 30-45 metre penalties... (would you buy land off those maggots?) ) I think they were pretty good.

In the end it was the team that turned it over less that won... as in most games.

Freo definitely outplayed Geelong and I appreciate you acknowledging that point, but the umpires appeared to be cheating, paid-off, scum-sucking troglodytes who only missed having a blue and white striped jumper on to complete their outfit. Marred what was otherwise an excellent game

Freo definitely outplayed Geelong and I appreciate you acknowledging that point, but the umpires appeared to be cheating, paid-off, scum-sucking troglodytes who only missed having a blue and white striped jumper on to complete their outfit. Marred what was otherwise an excellent game

FFS don't be such a ****ing child... if you think that umpires cheat you're a pimply juvenile. Why don't you try getting fit enough to run around and adjudicate a fast passed, trigger action sport... good luck to you.

If you thought the umps favoured Geelong you should be even more ejaculative over the Fockers beating 21 men on the ground when you had only 18... hows that for WHARRRRFIE TIMEEE!!!

Or maybe you should just grow the **** up

he begins with this
FFS don't be such a ****ing child... if you think that umpires cheat you're a pimply juvenile.
and then goes into this...

Why don't you try getting fit enough to run around and adjudicate a fast passed, trigger action sport... good luck to you.

If you thought the umps favoured Geelong you should be even more ejaculative over the Fockers beating 21 men on the ground when you had only 18... hows that for WHARRRRFIE TIMEEE!!!

Or maybe you should just grow the **** up

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo v Geelong umpiring - incompetence or conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back