Friday Night, Carlton vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you 100%. I said the same thing after we beat Collingwood last week, and all Magpies people claimed they were FLAT, and gave Geelong zero credit.

Carlton were excellent, and their gameplan, pressure & skills were directly responsible for how Geelong played. BUT, knowing my team very intimately, it was obvious right from the start that we weren't playing at 100%. Whether it was tiredness from the Collingwood game, Bobby Davis, or nothing at all, it was there.

But again, I stress that I'm not down-playing Carltons effort. I'm just bewildered by some comments on here, which has certain Blues people believing that they are better than Geelong, and will have no problem winning should we meet again in finals. The Geelong you witnessed on Friday did NOT perform at 100% capacity.

Just a tip....i don't think the Blues performed at 100% either;)

Would you like me to list where we were down?

This could go on forever FFS.

I love how on Bigfooty and its like they have never played football in their life.

Teams play flat because the opposition structures in a way to do it, unless you missing easy targets and obvious shots at goal.

But no, every time a team plays a bad game it will and will always be we didnt play well, we were fatigued, we were flat ect, it will never be the other team played well.

Thats why people like that have no clue.

I agree that a team can look switched off if they are being beaten all over the place like in the first quarter friday night.

Given that the Blues dominated important areas of the game that would have seen them beat any other team with the exception of maybe Collingwood, I am surprised Carlton supporters are unable to give Geelong any credit for fighting their way back into the game. That also shows some people have no clue

I agree that a team can look switched off if they are being beaten all over the place like in the first quarter friday night.

Given that the Blues dominated important areas of the game that would have seen them beat any other team with the exception of maybe Collingwood, I am surprised Carlton supporters are unable to give Geelong any credit for fighting their way back into the game. That also shows some people have no clue

Geelong played very well I thought at the start to stay in it when Carlton look very very good.

However when you guys had us on the ropes and in previous years you wouldve ran away with it by 5/6 goals and trust me I sensed it happening.

They dug their heels in and fought back.

Both teams didnt play to their to their full potential but bloody hell it was a great game to watch as it was like a boxing match where you would asborb all the blows you could for minimal damage and then launch your own assualt while the opposition did the same thing.

Alot of people dont have a clue about football ey?

Stuff all the silly "my dick's bigger than yours" etc...It was a great game. Nothing more to say. The only thing that could've made it better was if Warnock had kicked straight....lol!Oh well!

Every game not everyone is going to play well. One week it's one bloke, next week is another so I don't care who was down or up. That's how footy is.

These were two mentally tough teams, and they have been all year when in trouble. Both have dug themselves out of so many sh1t situations this year. This game was one where, like all year, neither would lay down no matter what.

What we see is that Geelong, while not quite 2007 esq, is a gun side and slight flag favourites, and Carlton are here to stay.

It's funny how many Geelong supporters thought I had no idea when I said that Carlton would push Geelong all the way.

As I've already said, Carlton match extremely well against Geelong, couple with their good form this year and it was always going to be a close one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday Night, Carlton vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back