Game Day Friday Night Lights: North v Souf GD thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we win, it will still be a case of we only won cause of umpires, weather or Ted Richards missing. And we still haven't beaten the handbaggers, GWS or hawks.
Nah unless you're a total flog (*cough* Hutchy *cough*) you'd have to stand up and take notice if we get up tonight.

Have been more nervous for previous games. I think we have set ourselves for this too and will give a good account. Very confident we will see a real attack on the footy as per the prelim last year. Whether we win who knows but it won't be for lack of effort.

So much of the game is mental and with the self-belief I now see in the team this is exactly the sort of game which will bring out their best. They will rise to the challenge.

Really looking forward to a good hard contest.

I hope the umpires keep a close eye on Sydney's undersized backmen and the arm holding tactics they employed last week against the Tiggers, as you can bet your life on the fact that Buddy will receive a free anytime Scooter and Taz lay a finger on him.

I hope the umpires keep a close eye on Sydney's undersized backmen and the arm holding tactics they employed last week against the Tiggers, as you can bet your life on the fact that Buddy will receive a free anytime Scooter and Taz lay a finger on him.

And body spoiling/tunnelling to run Brown and Petrie under the ball.

It's a strange feeling today. It's 1v4 on Friday night and I don't have any of the nervous energy that I had going into our 1v2 clash with the Bulldogs. I think this is because it feels like tonight is a bit of a free hit. Win and suddenly all the remaining criticisms of us disappear overnight, lose and we're still 9-1 and a game clear on top.

Should be a cracking contest. Both midfields are stacked with contested beasts and two of the most in form ruckmen in the comp. You'd have to think this one is won in the middle. We're more efficient once inside 50 and have them stretched for height so as long as we break-even in the middle, we should give ourselves a shot at winning
No one is expecting us to win.
Hence why theres a little if not subsided angst going into it.

My optimistic/troll look at Sydney's season:

R9 - Def carcass of the great Hawthorn side by 14 pts after an emotionally testing week for the Hawks - OK
R8 - Choke against Richmond, who are poo - Bad.
R7 - Smashed Essendon by 3174084 pts - Irrelevant.
R6 - Def second worst team in the comp, Brisbane, by 3 pts at the Gabba - Bad.
R5 - Def West Coast away from home - Eagles are poo away from Subi - Irrelevant.
R4 - Lose to Adelaide at Adelaide Oval - respectable effort, but still lost to a 5-10 ranked side - OK.
R3 - Beat GWS - Good win, but Giants were a different team then - Good.
R2 - Smashed Carlton, who are poo - Irrelevant.
R1 - Smashed Collingwood, who were poo earlier in the year - Irrelevant.

In summary, I think we will win

Last edited:

R9 - Def carcass of the great Hawthorn side by 14 pts after an emotionally testing week for the Hawks - OK
R5 - Def West Coast away from home - Eagles are poo away from Subi - Irrelevant.
R4 - Lose to Adelaide at Adelaide Oval - respectable effort, but still lost to a 5-10 ranked side - OK.

While we've had an easy draw, they've still got a lot to prove too.

But.....but....but........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have said, this will be won in the guts. Swallow and Ziebell have been playing their parts, having good or better seasons to date. Also, I think Dumonts' first showing in 2016 was what we wanted and he'll be better for the run.

The upside for mine has to come from Cunnington. He's been below average compared to the past two seasons and part of me wonders whether this is between the ears. Our draw has admittedly been reasonably soft thus far and he strikes me as one player who tends to play to the rhythm of the game. By that, I'm saying that he hasn't hit his straps as the heat hasn't really been in the contest. I think his moment in 2016 has arrived and the coaches will be looking for an increased output from him tonight. Last week, he was essentially playing a run with role, but I'm hoping he gets off the chain tonight and we dish out a contested ball lesson.

In summary, I think we will win

''they have beat no one'' whine whine

Obviously we need the whole midfield group to perform as an elite unit tonight, but individually i hope it's Swallow that shines, get the ball and give it to Wellsy and we'll be fine.

Last edited:
Im still calm about the game as win or lose we are still on top.
But Id be damned as game time gets closer to not get up and about. The tit for that on bigfooty is at breaking point too. They really want to beat us do COLA lol

From now on in this thread we are all on first name basis with our boys..
**** Sydney

I think Ben is gonna have a beast game. But look for Jack to do something savage late on in the game. Get up kangaz!!

Im still calm about the game as win or lose we are still on top.
But Id be damned as game time gets closer to not get up and about. The tit for that on bigfooty is at breaking point too. They really want to beat us do COLA lol

From now on in this thread we are all on first name basis with our boys..
**** Sydney

I think Ben is gonna have a beast game. But look for Jack to do something savage late on in the game. Get up kangaz!!

Everyone wants them to beat us.

Everyone.

The media are salivating at the prospect of us failing at this hurdle and their ability to run to a keyboard and smash out articles saying how we aren't the real deal and that its all because of the soft draw.

Lots of Bigfooty posters want us to fail too. this includes those who support teams we have beaten (bulldogs) and those who support teams that feel we should be beneath (almost everyone else)

f*** them all lets win tonight and show the entire world exactly what we are here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back