Front of jumper sponsor found

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2004
In a pineapple under the sea
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Magic, Vikings, All Blacks
Looks like the info from Demonology was legit.

Great news for the club obviously. The line I like in the article is how we have been blown away by the amount of offers we have received over the last week or so. We have come out of a bad situation looking the goods.

Doesn't matter if it's not as much as the Energy Watch deal but it puts us back on the right direction. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can have the BOJ sponsor also.

And go read the Demonology thread on it - rather than get excited they just bitch with each other about absolutely nothing. Tossers.

Has obviously been in the making for a little while if we will have their logo on our jumper this weekend. Would take quite a bit of pressure off the club I would imagine confirming this.

Agree it's great to hear the dees receiving lots of interest from other potential sponsors. Just shows the club made the right decision.

Great news! :)

Of course I doubt we have heard the last of this guy :cool:

eddiemcguire320-172x115.jpg

Pfft Webjet, You honestly think this is over Melbourne?!

EDIT:Obviously Tasmanlvr is both a ninja and hasn't properly read about Eddies revenge in the tabloids :p

They say good things come in threes. New recruitment officer elected, new major sponsor found, I can only hope that the third will be our first win for the season.

Great news! :)

Of course I doubt we have heard the last of this guy :cool:

eddiemcguire320-172x115.jpg

Pfft Webjet, You honestly think this is over Melbourne?!

Wait a second...

Webjet...

WebJET

Eddie wants us to merge with Essendon!

Good news everyone!

Great news.

What I have admired about the club is the way they have kept their chin up the last two weeks when things haven't been going our way. A few of our supporters should learn to be so resilient. (See 99% of Demonland and Demonology posters.)

Well done Cam, and big thank-you to WebJet obviously.

Hopefully we won't rest on our laurels and we are still working on the BOJ sponsor too, if we can get a combined figure approaching (or even exceeding) the EnergyWatch level, we've done incredibly well.

Having a FOJ sponsor might mean we can finally get the jumper stock in too.

Great news. Well done webjet.:thumbsu:
I remember when the TAC ditched us after the Royce Vardy drink driving thing. We actually went and got a sponsor who paid more for the priviledge.
Hopefully that's what happens here at Melbourne as well.

Will they be replacing all EW jumpers bought? I haven't got one because they ran out before I could process the transfer, but I'll be getting a new one with the #11 as soon as they come into stock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will they be replacing all EW jumpers bought? I haven't got one because they ran out before I could process the transfer, but I'll be getting a new one with the #11 as soon as they come into stock

I'm looking at my #11 MFC jumper with the EnergyWatch emblem on the back right now. I don't like my chances of getting a new one. :(

So if Eddie was involved what are the odds we now lose the Queen's Birthday game with him claiming he's "done enough" for us.

Was thinking the same thing. Being 0-10 or whatever we'll be before then probably doesn't leave us in the best negotiating position. Copping handouts from big Ed hardly seems sustainable, although I do realise it's probably a necessary evil at the moment.

Just said on the footy show, Webjet contacted Melbourne on Tuesday Night and we signed them up last night! ATM just a one year deal with the option of two. Going to see what happens at the end of the season.

Good stuff boys!

So if Eddie was involved what are the odds we now lose the Queen's Birthday game with him claiming he's "done enough" for us.

I'd say about zero, since the game is on by our request. Collingwood uses its fixture requests on stuff like the anzac day match and friday nights at the G.

Personally I think we should withdraw the request and approach Richmond for a QB match alternating who the home team is to help build up the rivalry that has been going with them the last few years.

Well done Cam
Why?

Webjet's marketing guy went to Schwab on Tuesday and had it settled by Wednesday.

Just like Kaspersky the sponsor came to him!

He did well with EnergyWatch (not his fault that went **** up), but I don't know of a single thing he's done apart from that.

Also just quietly... that Webjet patch looks totally shithouse, not that we can complain too much.
Even more reason to buy the Reach guernsey,

They came to us, so it wasn't exactly Schwab & Co's hard work over the past few months.

But we'll happily take it!

Orange logo on red jumper is awful.

No, but it was Schwab and co. who swiftly got rid of EnergyWatch and impressed so many people in the corporate world that the phones were off the hook with offers to sponsor the club.

He may not have landed it per se but let's give the man some credit when it's due.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

I love the club emblem but does it really need to be on the guernsey? It pushes the AFL logo and sponsor logo too low so that the effect of the sharper yoke is lost - it looks like a little red beak. The guernsey is the emblem so why put the club emblem on it, especially when it gets washed out on a red background. It's a shame because we could have one of the best guernseys out there if they didn't crowd it.

Put the emblem on the shorts where it would look better on blue or white.

In any case well done to webjet and the club.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Front of jumper sponsor found

Remove this Banner Ad

Back