Frustrating players

Remove this Banner Ad

MAAAATTDAAAAMON

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2010
NSW
AFL Club
Essendon
We've all got them at our clubs. If you had a magic wand and could wave it on one player at your club to pull their finger out and play to their potential, week in, week out, who would you choose?
For my club:
1. Zaharakis - gun, but should be elite.
2. Dempsey - should be better than he is.. Needs the commitment of someone like Jobe or Heppell.

A few names I'll throw up from other clubs... D.Thomas, C.Yarran, T.Cloke, Waite, J.Riewoldt, Natanui, Sylvia, Higgins, Watts. Ryder too, but he was much, much more consistent last year. Hartlett? Sidebottom? Ziebell? Jetta?

Last edited:
Stevie J - cause he'd have two Brownlows if he stopped whacking blokes.
307b.gif

Half the Fremantle list.

Stephen Hill has all the talent in the world but his brother has all the gall and arrogance. If Stephen had half of Brad's confidence, he would be the incredible player he should be. 'til then, he is a bit disappointing for his beautiful skills. He goes missing too often, doesn't really hit contests hard, and can't win games off his own boot like he should. He's too good of a guy for his own good, I think.

Oh, and big boys with pea hearts... Zac Clarke...

Jarrad Grant. All the talent in the world (and a bloody difficult match-up), but just doesn't want it enough.

He's training well, and he's performed well at AFL level with reasonable consistency before, but he hasn't ever come close to fulfilling his potential. If he can, he'll be a real weapon in the forward line, and our 2000-2009 draft record will look marginally less abysmal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidebottom is Collingwood's most frustrating player. It's tough to get too down on Cloke when you know that he's always trying his guts out for the team. You just have to accept that he's profoundly limited by his kicking and take all the other positives he brings.

Half the Fremantle list.

Stephen Hill has all the talent in the world but his brother has all the gall and arrogance. If Stephen had half of Brad's confidence, he would be the incredible player he should be. 'til then, he is a bit disappointing for his beautiful skills. He goes missing too often, doesn't really hit contests hard, and can't win games off his own boot like he should. He's too good of a guy for his own good, I think.

Oh, and big boys with pea hearts... Zac Clarke...

To be fair Brad is in a much better position. Icing on the cake in a great midfield. Stephen has much more responsibility and cops way more attention - he would run rampant at Hawthorn.

To be fair Brad is in a much better position. Icing on the cake in a great midfield. Stephen has much more responsibility and cops way more attention - he would run rampant at Hawthorn.
Yes, yes he would. :)

I think the OP is right in the fact that Brad has more get up and go about him though.

Schoenmakers. VERY talented natural footballer but has all the aggression of a wet sock. Looks like Tarzan, can play like Jane.

To be fair he looks more like Jane to begin with

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back