Roast Full house clean required

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are some posters telling others to 'calm down'?

We just lost to 7th by 10 goals and will be in the bottom 6 teams on the ladder by the end of the round.

If people aren't a little fired up, they either don't care or are happy to be s**t.
Yep, I'm fired up, I was fired up many, many weeks AGO while all the plodders were cool.
I was fired up last year and the year before that even. :cool:

Lynch will never be the same player, he was frustrating to watch at times 32 next year.Thank god we have Benny for next year try settle things a bit,get new coach in new coaches around him.We need quality, is Teage a paid on staff person with a role?

How good was it see young Jacob settle and kick that goal we need good people in place to help the young players,Graham,Pickett,the older players struggling with Dimmas game plan let alone a whole new one. Banks is a keeper need to open up and get new people in.

New captain also

As I mentioned on Thursday night, this board is spectacular in its consistency. A couple of bad losses in a row and a complete knockdown/rebuild is floated.

Here is our current list of players aged 27 or younger, that could be around for the next 5 years*:

Name Age Games
Short 27 150
Soldo 27 54
Hopper 26 128
D.Rioli 26 154
Baker 25 107
Taranto 25 134
Graham* 25 114
Young 24 16
Bolton 24 110
Colina* 24 0
Miller 23 25
Balta 23 82
Mansell* 23 30
Ross 22 60
Ryan 22 15
Cumberland 22 18
Coulthard* 22 3
Nyoun* 22 1
Bradtke* 22 0
Dow* 21 14
Ralphsmith* 21 32
Bauer* 21 2
Trezise* 21 0
M.Rioli 20 25
Sonsie 20 10
Banks 20 5
Gibcus 20 18
Brown 20 0
Clarke 19 16
Green 19 0
Smith 18 0
Campbell* 18 0

* - subject to re-signing

That's 32 players which suggests that the rebuild has been in play for a while, the issue has been that we haven't quite transitioned to the next generation yet, with the 22 most weeks built around the core of the premiership sides.

In 2024 we will see the transition ramp up as the new coach comes in and looks to establish their brand. The group of kids that we have aged 22 or younger has plenty of leg speed and good skills and when they finally get their chance we will see a vastly different style of footy being played and I'm patiently waiting for that to happen.

As I mentioned on Thursday night, this board is spectacular in its consistency. A couple of bad losses in a row and a complete knockdown/rebuild is floated.

Here is our current list of players aged 27 or younger, that could be around for the next 5 years*:

Name Age Games
Short 27 150
Soldo 27 54
Hopper 26 128
D.Rioli 26 154
Baker 25 107
Taranto 25 134
Graham* 25 114
Young 24 16
Bolton 24 110
Colina* 24 0
Miller 23 25
Balta 23 82
Mansell* 23 30
Ross 22 60
Ryan 22 15
Cumberland 22 18
Coulthard* 22 3
Nyoun* 22 1
Bradtke* 22 0
Dow* 21 14
Ralphsmith* 21 32
Bauer* 21 2
Trezise* 21 0
M.Rioli 20 25
Sonsie 20 10
Banks 20 5
Gibcus 20 18
Brown 20 0
Clarke 19 16
Green 19 0
Smith 18 0
Campbell* 18 0

* - subject to re-signing

That's 32 players which suggests that the rebuild has been in play for a while, the issue has been that we haven't quite transitioned to the next generation yet, with the 22 most weeks built around the core of the premiership sides.

In 2024 we will see the transition ramp up as the new coach comes in and looks to establish their brand. The group of kids that we have aged 22 or younger has plenty of leg speed and good skills and when they finally get their chance we will see a vastly different style of footy being played and I'm patiently waiting for that to happen.
If we are full rebuild with that list we are well and truly Farked. Only 6 players on that list are worth keeping TT Bolton Balta Gibcus D Rioly Baker next best Hopper and Short rest are very average to crap average. Watching the Vfl now and scratching my head lol

If we are full rebuild with that list we are well and truly Farked. Only 6 players on that list are worth keeping TT Bolton Balta Gibcus D Rioly Baker next best Hopper and Short rest are very average to crap average. Watching the Vfl now and scratching my head lol
Didn't say it was completed, just that we've been building for a while and that from next year it should ramp up more as we transition away from the premiership core to a more youthful one.

I don’t really want to see any of the coaches and fitness staff remain next season.

We cheaped out on most areas of our footy admin and it shows. Time for the board and Benny to get serious about winning again and spend on getting the best talent off field to the club. It’s been pathetic.

This year needs to end we will see more woeful performances I'm the next 3 games. Shades of 2021, Doesn't help when you have older players sticking around who need to be moved on.

Players are playing out of position, dimma leaving mid year doesn't help as he admitted the team wouldn't play finals.

Hopefully we are able to recruit another KPF to help Big Sexy.

We need a clean out of our old coaches. We need someone who will bring in new ideas to regenerate this group.

Seriously, we're one broken foot away being in the top 8. We've played some good footy against decent opposition this season. We've had some ****ing shocking moments and been inconsistent, but we have been competing even with the shit that's happened this year.

This year isn't even as bad as 2016. We all know what happened next.

Some richmond supporters need to grow a set, dial back the emotional wailing and actually have a think about our situation.

All that said, I wouldn't mind a clean out.

How many 1st round busts can we take before looking at recruiters? RCD, Dow, Coleman Jones, Brown all taken 1st round because our guys identified something special about them. Sonsie looks putrid this year. RCD playing local footy within 5 years soon to be joined by Dow. Rivals wouldn't even give pick 120 for either. Brown still has time but wow watched him intently up close today was so underwhelming. CCJ should be playing suburban footy but for North's desperation.

Bolton we were blessed that he slid to us and Balta was picked because Maric vouched for him and said he'd develop him so Clarke's not looking any better than Jackson. Any fool with Cal Tuomeys guide could probably pick better without watching a single minutes U18 footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The-Cast-of-Full-House-Lori-Loughlin-Might-Not-Make-a-Comeback-After-Pleading-Guilty-in-College-Admissions-Scandal.jpg

Trade Vlastuin. We've got that many half backs we don't need him. Should get us a late teen early second.

Ditto Graham and Soldo. Should get us a pick in the 20s and 30s.

If Martin wants to go then he has my blessing to do what he wants. First rounder or 2 x second rounders please.

With the above we could hypothetically end up with a total draft hand of 8,24,25,26,28,35,42,60

Perhaps we keep the current recruiters but only allow them to pick from say round 4 or 5 onwards to the rookie draft.

Then get new recruiters to focus on the early rounds.

MSD Has been ok (Pickett of course Bauer & Coulthard show promise) but Parker was a pointless pick, Tresize meh -we needed a KPF.

SSP gave us Stack - a massive talent hit but even bigger personality miss. Bradtke right idea at least but a big reach -guess that's what it's for. Mansell -ok depth but average.

So definite de-list are:

DOW
NYUON
COLLINA

RETIRED
COTCHIN
RIEWOLDT
CASTAGNA
TARRANT

LOOK TO TRADE EITHER BY OUR CHOICE OR THEIRS

RALPHSMITH
GRAHAM
MILLER
DUSTY - IF SUITS BOTH
ROSS - IF SUITS BOTH (STILL NOT CONVINCED AND HAS TRADE VALUE)
MC INTOSH - IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST AT ALL
PICKETT - DON'T THINK THERE WILL BE ANY TAKERS
SOLDO - FOR THE RIGHT PRICE AND IF SUITS BOTH

Last edited:
yes, eating our own. Blaming recruiters, blaming fitness staff, blaming players, blaming Dimma, blaming mini. Saying we need to fire everyone except for baker and short. Comparing us to the Chicago bulls. Saying we need to rebuild for the next 10 years. Generally having an emotional breakdown because we will just miss out on finals.

We missed out on finals with having a 34 year old Jack as our only KPF. That happens.

We do have a reputation and history of eating our own.

How many people here wanted Rioli delisted ? ... Now he probably going to be another AA

How many people wanted DImma fired from 2012 onwards ?

How many people wanted to rebuild after 2016?

How many people thought Rance was a dud when he was 22?

How many people don't get the concept of a role player on 300k a year ? But blame someone like George Castagna after every loss and drive him away from the club and the game.

We have a passionate base, but that passion always turns inwards when things don't go exactly to plan.

This is my 'independent thought and opinion.

Blame? Grow up.

They had a job and they are reviewed on it from the public. This idea that we just support by smiling and nodding & clapping success and give cuddles over losses - you can go barrack for Melbourne for that shit. Richmond is a passion club. High expectations. When we won, we let them know they did a good job - its why our flags were met with parties on punt road & the former players are basically made men for life - other clubs win a flag and that shit doesn't happen.

But at the moment, they are doing a fairly ordinary job & if supporters do not want "More of the same", then they need to let the club know they are bored and tired of this current game style & unless Mini has a secret gameplan he has been holding out on, then what is wrong with supporters not wanting it?

Saying anyone who dares comment in a somewhat negative fashion as "eating their own" is just soft. And holding recruiters and coaches and match committee accountable for their decisions is exactly why they are employed. If no-one cared about the jobs they do, then they would likely get paid $50k a year to do them, Its why they are paid the big bucks - because its for big boys.... not lil sissy bitches who have softer skin than a soft ****

Explain that to Geelong/Collingwood/Sydney.. yes not as many flags but rarely bottom out. Our club is huge but all of a sudden we look like we’re back to 1990-2010 times. I’ve been through the pain and it looks exactly that way now, may as well recruit a couple more guns like Kane Johnson.
If you ain’t first you may as well be last in my books, flags in the bank are what counts.

I don't think we need a full clean out, but I do think we need to make tough calls on Pickett, McIntosh, Graham, Soldo, Miller, Cumberland, Grimes(Yes I know he is contracted but I'm hoping he comes to the conclusion & is selfless & retires.

I honestly think Riewoldt & Cotchin will retire, I'd be surprised if they wanted to go around again.

Blame? Grow up.

They had a job and they are reviewed on it from the public. This idea that we just support by smiling and nodding & clapping success and give cuddles over losses - you can go barrack for Melbourne for that s**t. Richmond is a passion club. High expectations. When we won, we let them know they did a good job - its why our flags were met with parties on punt road & the former players are basically made men for life - other clubs win a flag and that s**t doesn't happen.

But at the moment, they are doing a fairly ordinary job & if supporters do not want "More of the same", then they need to let the club know they are bored and tired of this current game style & unless Mini has a secret gameplan he has been holding out on, then what is wrong with supporters not wanting it?

Saying anyone who dares comment in a somewhat negative fashion as "eating their own" is just soft. And holding recruiters and coaches and match committee accountable for their decisions is exactly why they are employed. If no-one cared about the jobs they do, then they would likely get paid $50k a year to do them, Its why they are paid the big bucks - because its for big boys.... not lil sissy bitches who have softer skin than a soft utensil
You have about a 5 % chance to win the premiership each year. We won 3 in 4 years. We aren't some top EU soccer team, where every year you expect to win, otherwise heads will roll.

We play in the AFL competition, where equalisation makes that very hard.

There is a fine line between accountability and eating your own.

We tried the 'we are Richmond, if you don't get immediate results, you are out' in the 1980s and 1990s... didn't work.

Mini is 6-4 as head coach. Not a bad record for a team that had a pretty ordinary start.

Every club has people in positions of power on good money, we are no different.

Telling people who don't agree with you to go and support another club is pretty lame.

If you don't want mini as coach, who do you want and why ?

I don't think we need a full clean out, but I do think we need to make tough calls on Pickett, McIntosh, Graham, Soldo, Miller, Cumberland, Grimes(Yes I know he is contracted but I'm hoping he comes to the conclusion & is selfless & retires.

I honestly think Riewoldt & Cotchin will retire, I'd be surprised if they wanted to go around again.
Add all those up plus Tarrant and Castagna and you’re at a full clean out

How many 1st round busts can we take before looking at recruiters? RCD, Dow, Coleman Jones, Brown all taken 1st round because our guys identified something special about them. Sonsie looks putrid this year. RCD playing local footy within 5 years soon to be joined by Dow. Rivals wouldn't even give pick 120 for either. Brown still has time but wow watched him intently up close today was so underwhelming. CCJ should be playing suburban footy but for North's desperation.

Bolton we were blessed that he slid to us and Balta was picked because Maric vouched for him and said he'd develop him so Clarke's not looking any better than Jackson. Any fool with Cal Tuomeys guide could probably pick better without watching a single minutes U18 footy.
Gibcus looked like a significant win until Luke the butcher got his hands on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back