Allblack

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Essendon
on a football field.

One for the old timers probably as most of what happens on the field nowadays is pretty sterile compared with 20 years or more ago.

The main one I can think of off the top of my head was a couple of years ago when Barnes snuck around teh boundry line and hid behind the goal post before running out and getting a goal for his effort

Allblack said:
on a football field.

One for the old timers probably as most of what happens on the field nowadays is pretty sterile compared with 20 years or more ago.

The main one I can think of off the top of my head was a couple of years ago when Barnes snuck around teh boundry line and hid behind the goal post before running out and getting a goal for his effort

Easily when "Plugger" the pig was released onto the ground and it took them ages to catch it....

and then only last year when the jack russell was on the ground running around for at least 10 minutes in the International Rules game in Ireland. Was better viewing than the game itself

I was at Alberton to see the mighty Magpies take on Central District a few years ago. There was a good crowd and the rivalry was intense. Before the first bounce a Doggies player took a swing at his Port opponent. Practically the whole Port team (including bench) ran at the offending player. He seeing the gravity of his situation did the normal thing which was to run like mad for the dugout. So there we were, the ball had not even been bounced, a Doggies player was being chased off the oval by the entire Maggies squad, and just to add to the confusion a dog had got loose on the oval and joined in the chase. It looked very funny. :D

At the Gabba, Port v Lions 1998. Port had skipped 4 goals clear nearing time on in the last quarter and a loud mouthed Port supporter near me and my then 7yo was giving hell to Lions supporters who were heading for the early buses.

Lions then came back strongly with Hart intercepting a kick in. As he lined up for goal to draw the game, my son tugged on my shirt:

"Where's he gone, dad?"

Our hero was half way to the gate!!

amortiser said:
At the Gabba, Port v Lions 1998. Port had skipped 4 goals clear nearing time on in the last quarter and a loud mouthed Port supporter near me and my then 7yo was giving hell to Lions supporters who were heading for the early buses.

Lions then came back strongly with Hart intercepting a kick in. As he lined up for goal to draw the game, my son tugged on my shirt:

"Where's he gone, dad?"

Our hero was half way to the gate!!
I remember watching that game on the telly. I think it was Stewy Dew who muffed the kick in? Amazing game alright, and then the siren and it was a draw.

last week, Fevola missing a goal from a few meters out.

Can kick em easily from 50+ on the tightest angle but misses from 5 meters out. :confused:

there are too many to mention, but one from last year sticks out...

saints vs. roos, just before half time and there's been some healthy, non-abusive banter between a guy in front of me (saint) and the woman behind me with two kids (7,8 year old) who was North.

The Saint guy yells something (Ball, whatever), and the North woman goes too far and yells back at him:

'what would you know, you ********ing idiot!'

there's a bit of a stunned silence, then the saints supporter turns around and see the woman and the two kids, who are looking pretty shocked and about to cry and says...

'Hey kids, does your mother kiss you with that mouth?'

beautiful.

A favourite one of mine is once when Richo was playing, cant remember when exactly..
Richo marked the ball on the 50 , close to the boundary, lined up, moved in then ran round the guy on the mark........the idiot ran straight out of bounds ....result a throw in LOL..

Til the day i die i will never forget that ...it was Richo at his finest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'Plugger' pig, and it wasn't in a game but the interview with Robbie Muir on the Footy Show a few years back had me crying so hard it was so funny. Oh and Rhyce Shaw slipping over.

Bombers 2003 said:
Any final with Carlton playing in it since '95.
Oh,and 2002 when they won the spoon.

From a bombers fan.. you are just asking for 99 to be slammed on top of you

Bombers 2003 said:
Any final with Carlton playing in it since '95.
Oh,and 2002 when they won the spoon.

that could just about be the stupidest comment I have ever heard considering Essendon would just about be the biggest underacheivers of mid-nineties till early 2000's. Two premliminary finals lost by a point and three minor premierships for only one AFL premiership!!! :confused:

Now that is absolutely hilarious :)

In response to the funniest thing I have seen at the football, I would have to say it would be a drunk western bulldogs supporter who stood up in the third quarter to suggest how stupid carlton supporters would look when the bulldogs came back and smashed them. As he progressed to sit down he totally missed his seat and fell to the ground. Everyone saw it and gave him a round of applause. Absolutley classic. he needed all three of his mates to pick him up as he was so off his face. Words don't do justice to how funny this was. The time and place were absolutely perfect.

This same supporter proceeded to pull out a rolled up cigarette only moments later. The look on his face when he was ejected from the ground was priceless.

Richo is just fantastic for comic relief.

Last preseason i was giving it to Richo in the last qtr when he pulls down a fantastic mark in the goal square. All the Richmond fans turn around and gave it to me, but then Richo goes back from dead in front slams it into the post, the ball rebounds and the Siants run it up the other end of the field for a goal.

Couldn't stop laughing. Suprisingly enough the Richmond fans couldn't see the mirth.

Eddie Vedder said:
A favourite one of mine is once when Richo was playing, cant remember when exactly..
Richo marked the ball on the 50 , close to the boundary, lined up, moved in then ran round the guy on the mark........the idiot ran straight out of bounds ....result a throw in LOL..

Til the day i die i will never forget that ...it was Richo at his finest
Yer i remember that game. 1997. Richo also kicked the winning goal and the tiges got up by 6 points. I found that funny

seeing someone (might have been mathews) on replay snapping the post in half was hilarious.

another was when ted witten flattened some bloke then he rubbed mud in the blokes face when he was flat on his back.

seeing that carlton kcik the ball into the post (may have been reid) when he had an open goal

these are things i have seen on those footy clashes shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest thing you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back