Future All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet theyve made two grand finals in a row, and have been quite successful over what, the past 4 years?

Who cares how much Young Guns you have on your list. It doesnt gareentee anything. You only have to look at the Saints as a classic example. (Not having a Go Saints Fans).

But when Hall, Goodes, O'loughlan, O'Keefe, Barry, Kirk retire who will replace them. Roos has not been playing many kids which will hurt them in the future.

Replace T.Hawkins (i dont buy that this kids any good, i mean, im sure he is, but hes going to play for Geelong, hence rendering his career useless) with R.Willits and youll be half way there

I'm not surprised to see a swans supporter touchy on this subject. Sydney have pretty much no young guns to led them in the future.

Haha when I see players like Hawkins and Gumbleton etc who haven't even played one game it's just stupid.

Grundy and vogels have proven they can play well at AFL level. In just about any other team in the comp except maybe stkilda they would be regular forwards.

Malceski would be an absolute star if he played for a crap team like Richmond.

What really makes me laugh is that sydney are the best 'team' in the competition but people also say we rely more than any other team on our senior players especially hall. But then they say we have no stars...you all contradict yourself!

It's become obvious to me that no one really understand why Sydney are such a good team and they just go along with what everyone else says.

Oh yeah, great logic there.

Hey, nice draft from you guys.

Did you know that the Geelong recruitment manager stated pre draft that he'd take Boak in the first round if he was still avaliable? ;)

As for Hawkins, I'm not convinced about him for two reasons. He's was a man playing against boys in the U18s, and he's yet to play AFL footy. We'll see how he goes over the next few years.

Lets do a 2050 all australia team...

B: Smith, Jones ,hackawago
HB: Stevens, Fischer, Welk
C: clooney, moore, brosnon
HF: wong, sampson, bellis
F: Healey, Gilchrist, roger
R: Belly, Fart, delvin, jackson

feel free to make your own changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets do a 2050 all australia team...

B: Smith, Jones ,hackawago
HB: Stevens, Fischer, Welk
C: clooney, moore, brosnon
HF: wong, sampson, bellis
F: Healey, Gilchrist, roger
R: Belly, Fart, delvin, jackson

feel free to make your own changes

I think you will find that Betty Fart changed back to her maiden name Crap back in 2047;)

Hall, Tredrea, Brown, Fevola, Nietz, Lloyd, Pavlich, Lynch, Riewoldt, Gehrig are all alot older ;)
In no particular order:

Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Josh Kennedy, Mitchell Clark, Lynden Dunn, Sean Rusling, Robert Murphy, Travis Cloke, Tom Hawkins, Scott Gumbleton

Although I'll admit the last two are untested as yet.

Did you know that the Geelong recruitment manager stated pre draft that he'd take Boak in the first round if he was still avaliable? ;)

As for Hawkins, I'm not convinced about him for two reasons. He's was a man playing against boys in the U18s, and he's yet to play AFL footy. We'll see how he goes over the next few years.
I'm totally aware of that. We had pick 7. They had pick 5.

Also, how'd the rest of their picks go?

I'm not making any assumptions on Hawkins, as far as I'm concerned, he don't need to do squat in '07. Although, I will say the 'man against boys' argument is a bit lame, because ALL the draftees fall under the same catagory, including Bryce Gibbs. Are you convinced that he was the correct number one pick?

how can you do a future all australian team including players who have not yet played a senior game? who knows what these players could turn out like. there have been some dud picks in the first round.

just try and pick a 21 or under team that have played senior footy. there are heaps of young guns. the hardest position would be full back. Good luck!

Just to name a few of the top of my head.
Rischitelli, sherman, murphy, walker, t cloke, pendlebury, rusling, thomas, monfries, stanton, watson, buddy franklin, roughead, wells, bate, mclean, sylvia, pearce, salopek, deledio, raines, goddard, cooney, griffen..............

In no particular order:

Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Josh Kennedy, Mitchell Clark, Lynden Dunn, Sean Rusling, Robert Murphy, Travis Cloke, Tom Hawkins, Scott Gumbleton

Although I'll admit the last two are untested as yet.

Wow what an intimidating list:rolleyes:
Zero of those players would get a game in the swans forward line.

Grundy has. And performed quite well.
He also has the best forwards and the best forward line coach in the league to learn from.;)

Ahhh future looks good for the swannies:)

Wow what an intimidating list:rolleyes:
Zero of those players would get a game in the swans forward line.

Grundy has. And performed quite well.
He also has the best forwards and the best forward line coach in the league to learn from.;)

Ahhh future looks good for the swannies:)

Mate you just lost all your credibility :D

I'm not sure if you value that but there you go.

I'm totally aware of that. We had pick 7. They had pick 5.

Also, how'd the rest of their picks go?

I'm not making any assumptions on Hawkins, as far as I'm concerned, he don't need to do squat in '07. Although, I will say the 'man against boys' argument is a bit lame, because ALL the draftees fall under the same catagory, including Bryce Gibbs. Are you convinced that he was the correct number one pick?

Bryce Gibbs, no doubt he's the correct number 1 pick. And of course all the draftees don't fall into the same category. If they did fall into the same cat3egory they wouldn't be men against boys, they'd be men against men. What a strange comment from you.

Truth is that Hawkins in the SA game, the game everyone got excited over, he was playing against 185 cm defenders who'd give Xavier Ellis a run for his money in the skinny stakes.

Mate you just lost all your credibility :D

I'm not sure if you value that but there you go.

Okay so Josh Kennedy, Dunn, Roughead, clark, etc would get a game ahead Hall, O'loughlin, O'keefe and Davis?

All of those players have been BOG in finals, premiership players, all australian, single handidly won finals...done it all. But you reckon no name players who have achieved nothing and aren't even the best forwards in bottom rank teams are better???

You are a complete knob. You have lost all your credibility so don't talk to me.

Okay so Josh Kennedy, Dunn, Roughead, clark, etc would get a game ahead Hall, O'loughlin, O'keefe and Davis?

All of those players have been BOG in finals, premiership players, all australian, single handidly won finals...done it all. But you reckon no name players who have achieved nothing and aren't even the best forwards in bottom rank teams are better???

You are a complete knob. You have lost all your credibility so don't talk to me.

You say that none of the players listed before would make it into sydneys forward line, but did Vogels or Grundy make it into sydneys forward line in the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Future All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back