Future Developments of Sydney Stadiums

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the Gabba - it was redeveloped in stages. At the time when the Lions were on par crowd wise with the Broncos in Queensland (during their three peat and also 2004/2005), Its capacity was about 37k, and the Lions did sell it out quite few times. Largest (record) crowd was 37,224 against Pies in 2005.

Unfortunately the redevelopment to 42k in 2006 came a bit too late with the Lions already having begun their slide down the ladder. I do not believe they've had a sellout since 2005.
We sold out the Fevola game

We sold out the Fevola game
I remember that game - against Carlton of course in 2010. Checked the crowd 36,780. Can't remember if the full house sign went up - but if it did - over 5,000 no shows.

Fact remains the record Gabba crowd of 37,224 was before final development in 2005. There may not have been a spare seat that night...

I thought I heard this year or last year that manuka oval was being re developed. The Giants won all their matches there this year and had great crowds, plus they would get the funding from Canberra. I think they should be pushing for more matches there. I will properly get criticised for this but Spotless stadium always seams to be lacking atmosphere in a regular season 4 40pm match.

I'm assuming you mean on TV?
The cameras used for long shots are all on the members side, we don't typically get a lot of visitors which is the seating area they are aimed at, and that side looks straight into the afternoon sun.
Plenty of atmosphere where I sit.

Wanderers will fill it out quite nicely

Clearly, just watch that promo above, absolute chockas

On a related note, can Sydney people report if soccer and league fans still whinge about modest government co-contributions to oval stadiums in Sydney given the $1.8billion investment in rectangular stadiums in a city that rarely fills them?

Clearly, just watch that promo above, absolute chockas

On a related note, can Sydney people report if soccer and league fans still whinge about modest government co-contributions to oval stadiums in Sydney given the $1.8billion investment in rectangular stadiums in a city that rarely fills them?
Ever since Parra ANZ and SFS all got approved they are rather quiet now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what stadiums have they built in Sydney that arent getting used or play?

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/index.php?a=view
go nuts, there are heaps of grounds & facilities that the state and federal government pay for that are hardly used or never used, all those NRL club grounds current and past!

SA get their first & only main stadium up grade since the 70s & Perth get their first new stadium since the early 1900s & it has the NRL folk jumping up and down in jealousy, demanding new stadiums c

go nuts, there are heaps of grounds & facilities that the state and federal government pay for that are hardly used or never used, all those NRL club grounds current and past!

SA get their first & only main stadium up grade since the 70s & Perth get their first new stadium since the early 1900s & it has the NRL folk jumping up and down in jealousy, demanding new stadiums c
I couldnt care less about the nrl.

But Parra needed an upgrade.
SFS could do with a tweak

And ANZ had to choose between being an oval or a rectangle and be one of them.

Those other grounds all still geting used but aren't being upgraded.

The grounds that will get the money now are only

SFS and SCG for the east
ANZ and Spotless for the inner West
And Parra for the West.

Nothing wrong with that.

you think those grounds aren't being used? just because they aren't being used for professional leagues doesn't mean they are not being used for kids/local/amo comps.

amateur comps do not need stadiums built as there are already enough of them that are highly under used

You obviously have no idea how popular playing isnin sydney

There is a reaeon these grounds havent been turned into apartment blocks

Well the crowd numbers are recorded! The clubs and ground operators have been caught out several times fudging numbers

Wtf?!? Amo comps are recording and faking crowd numbers? Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Developments of Sydney Stadiums

Remove this Banner Ad

Back