Future Developments of Sydney Stadiums

Remove this Banner Ad

I said "Swans want to play home games at the SCG and play at ANZ if the demand requires. That's quite reasonable."
That's what I said. Why don't you simply quote me instead of miss-quoting me all the time.
Havent mis-qouted you once.
You on the other hand have been laughable with your knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I will enjoy Spotless Stadium

Good for you. I really admire someone who is passionate about their Australian Football.
Let the NRL people enjoy their "fixed" stadium and the ridiculous waste of NSW taxpayer's money. eh general, nudge nudge.
I'll still be enjoying watching the Swans at Perth Stadium round #1.

The argument that spending significant dollars on the Stadia network is a waste of money is a strange one.

Every other state in the country has significantly upgraded their Stadia over the last 15 years except NSW.

ANZ was built for the Olympics and was largely privately funded, before that you're going back 30 years.

We are now last in the country and at significant risk of not being able to compete for major events.

People always revert to crowd numbers but have a look at VFL crowds pre and post ground rationalisation. In effect the NSW Government would be dragging the NRL down this path because they're too poorly administered to do it themselves. They'll never grow their product under their current model.

A network of 70, 45 and 30k for rectangular sport and 50 and 30k for oval sport is ideal.

Swans dont want afl at anz

Giants dont want afl at anz

Nrl clubs dont want afl at anz

Where is the demand, at club level or fan level for anz to be retained as an oval?

This is purely a spoiler move by the afl to kybosh the anz funding. Its as obvious as dogs balls though, and will rightly fail

Without gws/sfc support, this will just be seen as vics lamely trying to interfere in nsw affairs for no valid reason
Not quite
I think Dave Matthews was genuine in calling for ANZ to remain configurable for AFL. You're right neither AFL club will have it as they're home ground. For all it's faults, it's the only big stadium option for the foreseeable future in Sydney. I can see the day when Sydney derbies might be played there, not just finals.

Not quite
I think Dave Matthews was genuine in calling for ANZ to remain configurable for AFL. You're right neither AFL club will have it as they're home ground. For all it's faults, it's the only big stadium option for the foreseeable future in Sydney. I can see the day when Sydney derbies might be played there, not just finals.

so at very best, a billion dollar stadium for 2-4 games a season?

the SGC is the perfect size for the swans, including finals.

Spotless is more than fine for GWS right now, including for finals with a small capacity upgrade

IMO ANZ is way too big for AFL in Sydney. And its far from a good venue for viewing rectangular games. Its why i back the redevelopment. It doesnt work as an oval, and there is no point spending more money on it in that capacity (and it does need at a bar minimum many millions in refurbishment works). Bit the bullet and move on.

Spotless is more than fine for GWS right now, including for finals with a small capacity upgrade

IMO ANZ is way too big for AFL in Sydney. And its far from a good venue for viewing rectangular games. Its why i back the redevelopment. It doesnt work as an oval, and there is no point spending more money on it in that capacity (and it does need at a bar minimum many millions in refurbishment works). Bit the bullet and move on.
Your missing the point it is not and is not intended to be primarily an AFL ground. It will not be demolished, and there is no need to move on. It actually does work as an oval, it isn't ideal.
It is publicly owned and can be retained as an option for AFL fairly easily. It will be difficult for the NSW Govt to disqualify a potential use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same guy that says 1 possible game out of 192 a year means frequent.

It means REGULAR. Got it REGULAR. I said REGULAR. I said REGULAR a number of times.
You are clearly trying to be disruptive or are completely clueless.
if you are going to quote, then quote accurately not miss-quote like you regularly do.
The earth travels around the sun regularly. In human terms that is not frequently.
The earth rotates regularly. In human terms that is frequently.
HTF you can argue Sydney need ANZ then post a graph that suggests the opposite ?

It means REGULAR. Got it REGULAR. I said REGULAR. I said REGULAR a number of times.
if you are going to quote, then quote accurately not miss-quote like you regularly do.
The earth travels around the sun regularly. In human terms that is not frequently.
HTF you can argue Sydney need ANZ then post a graph that suggests the opposite ?
Drinking again are we?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I do hate ANZ as an oval though

I don't like ANZ as a stadium. It only has capacity going for it.

ANZ's capacity for AFL is only useful for blockbuster games. ANZ is preferable to SCG for any GWS blockbusters.
ANZ is an alternative for cricket - for scheduling and competition to SCG.
ANZ for rectangular sports is still shyte. Closing the ends is basically irrelevant as you are not adding much at all.
From an economic p.o.v. having ANZ and Spotless was a waste of money.
From an economic p.o.v. upgrading both ANZ and Spotless is a waste of money.
From an economic p.o.v. spending too much money on ANZ is a waste of money because of it'd basic flawed design.

Personally I hope this ill-conceived plan goes ahead.

BE SURE the average sport loving footy fan is not fuelled by the same juice this one is indulging !!

I don't like ANZ as a stadium. It only has capacity going for it.

ANZ's capacity for AFL is only useful for blockbuster games. ANZ is preferable to SCG for any GWS blockbusters.
ANZ is an alternative for cricket - for scheduling and competition to SCG.
ANZ for rectangular sports is still shyte. Closing the ends is basically irrelevant as you are not adding much at all.
From an economic p.o.v. having ANZ and Spotless was a waste of money.
From an economic p.o.v. upgrading both ANZ and Spotless is a waste of money.
From an economic p.o.v. spending too much money on ANZ is a waste of money because of it'd basic flawed design.

Personally I hope this ill-conceived plan goes ahead.
This 'ill-conceived plan' for ANZ is entirely the fault of a bloke who's washed his hands of it and has taken a nicely paid job with NAB, leaving those remaining to try and clean up the mess.

Yes, that's about each code's contribution of big games. If the government hadn't upgraded Spotless then the Giants would be at ANZ.

History shows that's a very incorrect statement.

Not necessarily. Short-sighted thinking.

IMO ANZ is way too big for AFL in Sydney.

A totally ridiculous statement.

It doesnt work as an oval,

A totally ridiculous statement. ANZ actually works better as an oval currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Developments of Sydney Stadiums

Remove this Banner Ad

Back