Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying he will end up a Lion after all?
35639173_1_S.jpg

Interesting sport.

Football Netball

Obviously some kind of hybrid game:drunk:

Yes I wasn't going to mention it but seeing you bought it up;) (I had it ready to go) I wonder if Josh will be KPF or GS.

I reckon kicking a football through a metal ring 380mm in diameter and suspended on a pole 10ft from the ground would be a real challenge

Given Josh's innacuracy woes , GS would be a pipe dream for him.

WD for you Josh and be grateful for it!

Thinking about the above post, and reading somewhere else that Josh just laid around in his room by himself and didn't join in, makes me think things are not going to change for him.....his parents still live away from melbourne, so Josh can't live with them, which means he'll have to probably share again..

..his issues will start all over again and I'm not sure the boys at the Bulldogs will be as sympathetic as our lot may have been.

Something else too, the media are going to be watching his every move.....that isn't going to help either.

Can't see Josh having a long AFL career unfortunately, I really can't.
His living behaviors were known to the staff,I referred to this a year ago, known more mature 12 year olds.Dreadful draft selection, character profile was obvious.

Thinking about the above post, and reading somewhere else that Josh just laid around in his room by himself and didn't join in, makes me think things are not going to change for him.....his parents still live away from melbourne, so Josh can't live with them, which means he'll have to probably share again..

..his issues will start all over again and I'm not sure the boys at the Bulldogs will be as sympathetic as our lot may have been.

Something else too, the media are going to be watching his every move.....that isn't going to help either.

Can't see Josh having a long AFL career unfortunately, I really can't.

I can't either though knowing our luck, he will almost certinally go on to be the next Matthew Pavlich.

As a person - may he conquer his demons and discover the life his character, demeanour, fortitude, strengths, passions etc best suit him for and wherein he will find the most fulfilment for himself and thus for those who choose to spend their lives in association with him.

I suspect that this will not involved the playing of Australian Rules Football at the professional level.

The path of the father and the path of the expectations of others can only take you so far if you have not made that choice of life your own and no matter how skilled you are at it or how much money you make at it if you are double minded about it you will ultimately reap nothing but pain and look back on a life wasted on things that do not drive your soul.

Unfortunately money, fame, pressure etc neither make nor break the character of the man ... they simply bring into sharp relief the character he already has. Fortunately character can be built ... but it is a lot harder to do it in the bright light of public scrutiny and pressure.

I'd just like to pull up this point for a second. Noble said 12 or 13 when he was trying to spin it, but I think some basic analysis shows that it's complete crap.

We trade Schache for 25 and 40. That's points around pick 13-14 according to the draft points system.
We then immediately traded [20 and 25] for [15 and 52].

These trades were so dependent on each other that, realistically, it's better to look at them (from our point of view) as one trade.

For starters, it shows that regardless of the draft points system, the balancing was way off.

We did not trade Schache for 25 and 40.
We ended up with:
Out: Schache and 20
In: 15, 40, 52

For starters, on the points system, that indicates that, not 13-14, but that we traded Schache for 875 draft points. About pick 21.

Realistically though, what we actually traded was Schache and pick 20 for pick 15 and change that may or may not be necessary for Ballenden. Really it was the pick upgrade.

I've decided that having Noble as our head of football means that there are various things that will be done better, including spin/marketing, and well as contracting, and he seems to run a smooth department. But after considering some of Adelaide's trades while he was there, and looking at how shockingly the trades of Cameron and Schache were managed, I don't think he's good at the trade table. Undervalues his own stock and overvalues other stock.

I'm also disappointed in the club, that they sold the narrative of "oh, we told Schache we'd be open to trading him. It was a mature conversation. We'd be happy to have him back". It's clear after yesterday that this is a blatant lie. However you frame it, Josh was never coming back to the club. They may as well have come out and said "he's put in the trade request". I get the "trying to maximise value" argument, but clearly behind closed doors, it was always a fire sale, and so he wasn't deceiving other clubs, he was deceiving the media and the supporters, which makes it nothing more than sales puff.

Wish I had 100 likes to give.

This very much encapsulates what I saw and felt yesterday. And the trade and picks swap break down shows what we really gave up and got back.

People know I'm still new to football. My sports supporting background is being an NBA fan. I've spent the last 30 years following a sport where draft pick and player trading is common place, and good team front offices put a lot of value on maximising pick and player trades, and planning an in-depth trade strategy.

The Lions trade period, and how it unfolded, smacks of desperation.

I agree with the clubs strategy in regards to how they're going about rebuilding the list. Maximising value from trading Hanley and last years pick swaps, and not matching Rockliff's offer from Port and receiving a "valuable" compensation pick, and building through the draft.

His living behaviors were known to the staff,I referred to this a year ago, known more mature 12 year olds.Dreadful draft selection, character profile was obvious.
Thought living on a farm might have toughened him up a bit. He ended up being the kind of bloke who let's his missus do the mowing while he sits back downing a cold one.

So do we add drafting Schache with our Pick 2 in 2015 to the long list of Justin Leppitsch’s Brisbane Lions Coaching Disasters?

Last edited:
So do we add drafting Schache with our Pick 2 in 2015 to the long list of Justin Leppitsch’s Brisbane Lions Coaching Disasters?

To be fair I think he would have been picked no matter who was coach. He did stand out in that draft group and we were very interested in getting people who wanted to be here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair I think he would have been picked no matter who was coach. He did stand out in that draft group and we were very interested in getting people who wanted to be here.

And there may have been a bit of a supporter backlash if we *hadn't* picked him up at the time...

I liked Mick Malthouse on this...

Every player wants to taste success at his club and they all have to earn a living — I understand that — but football is also about growing up. It’s about resilience.
There’s no “going home” for players from Tasmania, the Northern Territory or the ACT, where there are no AFL clubs.
Are players from those places more mature and resilient to be able to live away from their families for the sake of their careers?
It just cuts no ice with me.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=99099683db9a840c115474f202d9d341-1508547078

Even discounting that it's not a great comparison (Snr was a good 5 years older, and playing in an era where forwards kicked more goals), that it a pretty heartless post dude.

Imagine Josh reading that, easy for a young bloke who's seeming pretty uncertain about himself to not only think "I'm not very good" but also "I've failed my dead father". Crushing stuff.

Even discounting that it's not a great comparison (Snr was a good 5 years older, and playing in an era where forwards kicked more goals), that it a pretty heartless post dude.

Imagine Josh reading that, easy for a young bloke who's seeming pretty uncertain about himself to not only think "I'm not very good" but also "I've failed my dead father". Crushing stuff.

1. I was more interested that they were both only here for 2 seasons.
2. Also interesting comparing the careers. Senior kicked more goals and then went to the SANFL.
3. I'm sure Josh is aware of his fathers stats
4. There's a lot more on this forum for him to have issue with.

1. I was more interested that they were both only here for 2 seasons.
2. Also interesting comparing the careers. Senior kicked more goals and then went to the SANFL.
3. I'm sure Josh is aware of his fathers stats
4. There's a lot more on this forum for him to have issue with.
5.He's a Bulldogs player and not our concern.

If Josh is uncertain about himself, this is the last place he should be reading.

And ironically if his confidence is shit he is more likely to be looking for external opinion.

Can we please close and bury this thread???
Agree with closing this thread now Gadzorks. Cant change the past, so why keep wallowing in it?.....Forward We Go Brisbane Lions I say.
Ironically, I had a laugh about how consistent this thread has been in receiving closure requests from the start & also how so many posters refused to consider that at least some of the rumours/facts/media reports could have had some substance to it ...... It's a short novel in the making!!! LMAO.
I sincerely hope that Josh can face his demons & conquer them eventually. Don't have the same sincere feelings about a flourishing AFL career for him but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back