Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah two in the teens.

Not sure how anyone can already be off Sanders lol.
Sanders is going to be a great long term midfielder for us, big tick there.
we did pay too much, but it shows that we rated our chances this year and gambled on a highish finish.
Hence, there needs to be consequences for underperforming, there's no other way to look at it

If Simpson hasn’t been sacked yet

You can’t argue for Bevo to be sacked unfortunately (despite the amount of top talent this club has)
It's nice to have a finely polished table top.

But its just a fancy slab of wood without legs to hold it up.

Yeah two in the teens.

Not sure how anyone can already be off Sanders lol.
I’m not off Sanders. I’m pointing out that they gambled with our first pick this year and lost. And therefore someone needs to be accountable.

If the two options are Sanders and Croft or 12/ 17, Croft and a top 6 pick this year, it’s not hard to see why people like myself are disappointed as the 1st option essentially sees us burn pick 12/17 for the same outcome.

What we need and lack is a couple of strong football people in the following positions

1 Chris Grants role - whatever the title is
2 Ameet Bains role CEO
3 President or on the board Darcy is weak

I would settle for one person now ideally 2 or 3 would be awesome

They need strong football background and be a strong character

What we need and lack is a couple of strong football people in the following positions

1 Chris Grants role - whatever the title is
2 Ameet Bains role CEO
3 President or on the board Darcy is weak

I would settle for one person now ideally 2 or 3 would be awesome

They need strong football background and be a strong character

I hear Peter Gordon and David Smorgon are free.

Sanders is going to be a great long term midfielder for us, big tick there.
we did pay too much, but it shows that we rated our chances this year and gambled on a highish finish.
Hence, there needs to be consequences for underperforming, there's no other way to look at it

There’s opportunities to get into the first round again if we need to.

I have no faith at all in the current board at all

I do not trust them to make any football decision I would prefer they stand down

It’s scary to think that that board runs the club right now and is trusted with making necessary decisions that are needed

I will say it as it is KWW especially and her crew are useless that includes Darcy.

Incompetence to the highest degree

Someone needs to be held accountable for trading our 1st rounder in a year where it’s almost a lock we will be bottom 6.

If we thought we would respond and have dished up this performance, it’s Bevo. If we thought we were in a reset and still traded it, it has to be Power and Bains.
Or ...

If Power asked Bevo about trading out the future first and Bevo told him that we'd be close to top 4 then it's on both of them. (Power for believing that BS)

The same is true with contract renewals to some extent.

I wonder how often they actually talk to each other.

Power has a bit to answer for ATM.

One of the worst parts about this situation is that we are a laughing stock. The media and supporters will bring up that Draper s**t all week.
Let's hope so. We need the blowtorch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder about our VFL team being undefeated, where in an attempt to play players with a different skill set because our "tactics" and "style" was poor last year, whether we've actually selected the right players this season.

As much as we'd like it to happen I just can't see a board that has a Supreme Court $5.4million damages sword of Demicles hanging above the clubs head do it. I suspect that this had a major impact on their alleged desire to move on Beveridge at the end of last season. As is its way, instead they kicked the can down the road. Announced a review that was a foregone conclusion before it was announced. Ain't the life of a professional consultant a grand one? They all then convened to the board room to smoke some fancy cigars. Cigars that unbeknown to them were joke cigars and have now blown up in the collective faces.

The only option that we have is if Beveridge calls it quits. I can't see this board having the courage to do it. That would be an admission of their own failure.

ITKs we need you now more than ever
+ What VD said.

Bevo was given until the bye where a mid-season review has been tabled. I doubt any of that has / will change.

Only reason I could see Bevo being moved on earlier is if a Bont lead player backed revolution started..

As much as we'd like it to happen I just can't see a board that has a Supreme Court $5.4million damages sword of Demicles hanging above the clubs head do it. I suspect that this had a major impact on their alleged desire to move on Beveridge at the end of last season. As is its way, instead they kicked the can down the road. Announced a review that was a foregone conclusion before it was announced. Ain't the life of a professional consultant a grand one? They all then convened to the board room to smoke some fancy cigars. Cigars that unbeknown to them were joke cigars and have now blown up in the collective faces.

The only option that we have is if Beveridge calls it quits. I can't see this board having the courage to do it. That would be an admission of their own failure.

I fully believe this is the winner.

They’re probably in a stalemate, hoping Bevo steps down of his own volition.

It’s cost cutting and arse covering - the culture that the powers that be have created. Supporters get treated like suckers and they live it up.

I fully believe this is the winner.

They’re probably in a stalemate, hoping Bevo steps down of his own volition.

It’s cost cutting and arse covering - the culture that the powers that be have created. Supporters get treated like suckers and they live it up.

The question should be, with a class action hanging over the club why did Bains think it would be a grand idea to lock in Bevo on a fixed term extension before his current tenure was up.

+ What VD said.

Bevo was given until the bye where a mid-season review has been tabled. I doubt any of that has / will change.

Only reason I could see Bevo being moved on earlier is if a Bont lead player backed revolution started..
If we totally collapse (looking somewhat likely) then the result will probably be known well before then but there’s no incentive to do it now.

It’ll just mean a caretaker for two third of the season. Anyone thinking players will be more likely to stay because Bevo is sacked now is delusional. As if we are a better destination for sacking him early. They still won’t know what’s in store going forward until late in the year.

I also have a lot of trouble believing a lot of the scuttlebutt. I was told expressly by someone ITK that the Bont gossip was garbage and I think it’s more indicative that it’s stacks on Bevo for now.

The question should be, with a class action hanging over the club why did Bains think it would be a grand idea to lock in Bevo on a fixed term extension before his current tenure was up.

It’s a great question and one that becomes very confronting for those responsible for the extension if they sack him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back