Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

”Wouldn’t” because he defied coaching instructions? Or “didn’t” because he followed them?

Unless we know what they are being coached to do it’s tenuous at best to blame the player for his positioning. If anything, given our much discussed defensive zoning strategy I’d be inclined to think he was following instructions.

But we really don’t know.
The high press was deffinetly a strategic move( afailed one). I'd back Jones and keath to beat Hipwood one on one but in a foot race back toward goal Hipwood wins everytime. We got away with an aggressive forward press for so long due to a dominant midfield but as soon as the mids or forward make a mistake the pressure is right on the defence, if like on friday night the midfield is completely off and lacking no defencive accountability well then you get Hipwood looking like a capable footballer.

”Wouldn’t” because he defied coaching instructions? Or “didn’t” because he followed them?

Unless we know what they are being coached to do it’s tenuous at best to blame the player for his positioning. If anything, given our much discussed defensive zoning strategy I’d be inclined to think he was following instructions.

But we really don’t know.
Spot on.
Cordy did it for years. Jones, Dale everyone except for Doc does it.
It's clearly coaching instructions.

Honestly, I’m glad to say I stuck fat and could see through the white noise. This team is going to go places.

Still don’t like Daniel in the team now, but if he has to be, sub it is
Khamis won’t make it. Lost all confidence…time to break the glass and Buss(T) out a debutant v Norf
Richard’s as a midfielder….be still my beating heart….makes me ill thinking Daniel has been in that rotation last couple of weeks. We need to draft another gun mid with wheels this year….and I don’t care if Smith leaves. Hope he’s enjoying Europe.
West is fast becoming a gun small forward
Gallagher is a jet. - wait til he gets to 50 games

If we can make finals, look out, we are going to do some damage. You don’t destroy finals aspirants like that if you are no good

Honestly, I’m glad to say I stuck fat and could see through the white noise. This team is going to go places.

Still don’t like Daniel in the team now, but if he has to be, sub it is
Khamis won’t make it. Lost all confidence…time to break the glass and Buss(T) out a debutant v Norf
Richard’s as a midfielder….be still my beating heart….makes me ill thinking Daniel has been in that rotation last couple of weeks. We need to draft another gun mid with wheels this year….and I don’t care if Smith leaves. Hope he’s enjoying Europe.
West is fast becoming a gun small forward
Gallagher is a jet. - wait til he gets to 50 games

If we can make finals, look out, we are going to do some damage. You don’t destroy finals aspirants like that if you are no good
Get back to us in four weeks’ time ☺️

Still tough to make finals

Bye
North (Win)
Port Away (L). Winnable
Blues (L). Winnable
Cats Away (?). Winnable
Swans Away (L)
Dees (L). Winnable
Crows away (?) (Win)
North (Win)
Giants Ballarat (?) (Win)
I’m less pessimistic than you. 🙂

I’ll be going to both AO games expecting a win. Port and Crows are no world beaters and even the cats have lost at home this season.
If we are clicking, and right now that is still an if, feel like we can do some real damage in the back end

It’s not necessarily about making finals but being very competitive once there. This club is in the premiership game, it’s not quite there this year but definitely 2025-26. We’ll see if Karmis, Vandermeer and Daniel are up to finals type pressure. And who could come in to replace and upgrade them. Garcia is one for me who has the Clay Smith’s about him. Harmes could be? Could Bus be firing this time next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame about putting in a stinker in the Hawks game. But we’ve done well since then despite injuries.
We did put in a bit of a stinker but it turns out it was the start of a pretty rich vein of form from them. They’ve lost a grand total of one game since then (by one point to Port).

It was bland performance but not the disaster we thought then.

We did put in a bit of a stinker but it turns out it was the start of a pretty rich vein of form from them. They’ve lost a grand total of one game since then (by one point to Port).

It was bland performance but not the disaster we thought then.

Their form since makes it a tolerable loss in terms of opponent but we threw that game way ourselves which is frustrating.

KPD is the missing link.

Jones is only going to be around next year at most and O’Donnell, Buss and Croft are simply not developed enough to play on key forwards in big games.

I can see why we would be willing to pay for Barass.

Would hope Breust can be acquired as a forward coach. He and Gunston have been coaching the forwards this year for hawks as playing coaches. It's why they're subs most games so they can coach on the sidelines.

He has become Gia but not quite as good looking

There was a name change whilst you were in exile. Welcome home to St Bevosberg.
Dammit! I didn't get the memo.

The youths told me that every public act of slovenly devotion was better with 'stan on the end of it.

Still tough to make finals

Bye
North (Win)
Port Away (L)
Blues (L)
Cats Away (?)
Swans Away (L)
Dees (L)
Crows away (?)
North (Win)
Giants Ballarat (?)

I can see us winning all these.

• We were smashed with injuries and nearly took Sydney.
  • Port are all over the place.
  • Dees are all over the place.
  • North should be wins.
  • Giants are more up and down than us, and we're luck to be as close as they were last game.
  • Crows are shit (we'll prob lose)
  • Cats have our number, but the last match should've been a win.
  • Blues are playing well.

IF the team plays to its capabilities, which we always seem to do later in the year, then we can win 7+ of these games. Injuries cruelled us for the last few weeks, but we're getting them back. See the difference Flea made! Now add to that Darcy, Naughts, Coff, Harmes was killing it, Keath was playing well. Think we'll be good.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back