Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that game sums up the club at the moment. We have the talent to win but it's the mentality, coachin, game plan? What ever it is, the coaching group isn't setting the playing group up to win. We relly on too fewer players to drag us over the line. I think that a change in personalities, game plan or coaching style might help reset this group. It's time to rest the standards that are accepted for this club. I appreciate everythig bevo has done. We won a flag, so for that he's been great for the club, but I think It is now the time to move on

Biggest issue we have is there was probably 10 players out there tonight that are C-D grade footballers at the moment. To be competitive with the top teams we need this list to be a max 3-4.

I’d say all of the following are C-D grade footy players (some are still developing and have significant scope for improvement):

Crozier
Keath
McNeil
Scott
Baker
McLean - sadly think his passed it
Poulter - developing player
JOD - developing player, think he is an a grade talent
West - developing player
VDM - I think he still has improvement in him and has pace to play a critical role

In addition, JUH, Weightman and Williams are very inconsistent and capable of having very quiet games.

Improve the depth over the off season and get some internal improvement from your vfl players and we should be a different beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very interested in what happened at half time to cause the spark

What happened was Geelong's half time move:

tank.gif

It's crazy that 4 out of the last 5 years our finals hopes have come down to the last day of the season. No way to spin that as anything other than chronic underachieving.
Bevo big fans of the premier league

Heard a few things from someone who really should know, and which haven’t really been touched on.

Apparently Bevo was for a long time content to turn a blind eye and let players let their hair down a bit.

After a few incidents (ie Hunter, the tennis balls and Smith’s Tony Montana impersonation) the pressure came down on Bevo and the coaches to crack down on off field malarkey.

Some players have not taken the disciplinarian approach well. Apparently ties in a bit with Dunkley’s concern about segments in the group. Makes a bit of sense. It isn’t necessarily the players you would think of either.

Biggest issue we have is there was probably 10 players out there tonight that are C-D grade footballers at the moment. To be competitive with the top teams we need this list to be a max 3-4.

I’d say all of the following are C-D grade footy players (some are still developing and have significant scope for improvement):

Crozier
Keath
McNeil
Scott
Baker
McLean - sadly think his passed it
Poulter - developing player
JOD - developing player, think he is an a grade talent
West - developing player
VDM - I think he still has improvement in him and has pace to play a critical role

In addition, JUH, Weightman and Williams are very inconsistent and capable of having very quiet games.

Improve the depth over the off season and get some internal improvement from your vfl players and we should be a different beast.
McLean and Crozier were likely playing farewell games tonight.

Heard a few things from someone who really should know, and which haven’t really been touched on.

Apparently Bevo was for a long time content to turn a blind eye and let players let their hair down a bit.

After a few incidents (ie Hunter, the tennis balls and Smith’s Tony Montana impersonation) the pressure came down on Bevo and the coaches to crack down on off field malarkey.

Some players have not taken the disciplinarian approach well. Apparently ties in a bit with Dunkley’s concern about segments in the group. Makes a bit of sense. It isn’t necessarily the players you would think of either.
I’ve read this post that many times over the year, I reckon every club has - get 40x 18-30 year olds together who make 300k-1mil a year and there’s gonna be a **** load of drugs involved, dunno why it seems to affect us more than any other club,

I’ve read this post that many times over the year, I reckon every club has - get 40x 18-30 year olds together who make 300k-1mil a year and there’s gonna be a * load of drugs involved, dunno why it seems to affect us more than any other club,
I’m well aware of the off field incidents and I don’t know whether we are affected worse than other clubs.

It’s the part about the coaching staff trying to crack down only to get pushback that I didn’t know.

Tonight's result doesn't change a thing.

Huge changes needed at the club both on and off field. Won't accept anything less. We have massively underperformed this year, weak admin, poor coaching and too much deadwood and players happy to coast on the list.

Time to properly shake the joint up. Big names can go, the rubbish can go, I don't care. The whole playing list should be put on notice and be playing for their careers next year. No exceptions (apart from Bont).

This club really can do your head in.

The only 2 clubs to have 0 losing years (that is, more losses than wins) in the past 5 are the Dogs and Brisbane.

The only 2 clubs to have the 3 or more players in the 22 under 22 are the Dogs and Freo.

The only club to have 3 or more players 24 or under kick 30 or more goals are the Dogs (there are 10 in total in the comp).

Our financial position has never been stronger.

We have multiple first rounders in this years draft and access to first round talent at a discount.

We've got a number of promising youngsters awaiting opportunity (Darcy, Buss, Clarke, Gallagher etc).

And yet somehow we seem to be in some form of crisis.

How do we manage it?

I’ve read this post that many times over the year, I reckon every club has - get 40x 18-30 year olds together who make 300k-1mil a year and there’s gonna be a * load of drugs involved, dunno why it seems to affect us more than any other club,
It seems that we are stupid enough to get caught out doing it......Bailey. And in the closed confines of the hub of course that was going to rub someone up the wrong way. The main issue is that it ends up in the public domain, that's where the heat comes from as that kind of thing does in sponsor's of the club.

If it was kept private like most seem to do then it wouldn't be such an issue forcing a crack down. Young men with time and money aren't known for making great decisions.... Ginnivan in the off season. If they must misbehave they need to be smarter about doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back