Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

The west coast loss alone would probably get the coach sacked at any other club. The least likely loss since the 1940s lol.

From epic grand final choke, to choking a 40 point lead in an EF the next year, to losing to the worst team in the modern era, at home in a must win game, then missing finals?

I know we're a shambles but I still don't think he survives the week.

If you think a coach is coming along next year and making this team a contender you’ve got an ugly surprise coming.

Same thing was said about Collingwood two seasons ago and GWS last season, no?

Let's recap some of Bevo's moves this season

Smith on the wing - constantly shown he is better through the middle (hasn't had the best season but Bevo has not helped bring the best out of him)

Lobb on the wing / At KPD instead of Naugton (one half but a ridiculous decision).

JoD debut as a 4th tall KPF.

Took 25 games to give Rhylee West a game through the middle .

Constantly chose Scott, VDM, McNeil instead of giving more deserving players in the VFL a go.

Enough is enough surely

The west coast loss alone would probably get the coach sacked at any other club. The least likely loss since the 1940s lol.

From epic grand final choke, to choking a 40 point lead in an EF the next year, to losing to the worst team in the modern era, at home in a must win game, then missing finals?

I know we're a shambles but I still don't think he survives the week.

Was it really the least likely loss? We lost to 16th the week before, and as it turns out, we're grouped with the also-rans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are able to sack a coach 3 months after a contract extension for 2 years.

Now they have a home final with what I consider a pretty mediocre list.

Good candidates would be lining up to coach this list. Enough is Enough, we were incredibly lucky to scrape into last years finals. Really we should have missed finals 2 years in a row if Carlton didnt choke twice last year.

Get the broom out.

Did not deserve to play finals, so we get what we deserve. Terribly frustrating season.

I honestly thought Bevo would be sacked at seasons end after the West Coast debacle, but it feels like he is safe now.

At the very least, we now need to replace all line coaches with fresh, well credentialed assistants who will challenge the head coach and the club needs to reign in Bevo's influence and get him to stay in his lane.

Our game plan and strength and conditioning needs an overhaul. We are not fit enough or tough enough and we need a brutal pre season and need some nastiness and focus on defensive intent.

Smith is on 800K a year and is mentally fragile and for some reason we walk on egg shells around him. Trade him and move on.

Hard
Disappointing season. Had an awful injury run right in the position we’d made strides in to be better.

The list management team just haven’t been able to address our depth issues.

Most people overrate our list because of Bont, Libba and a bunch of names that are past it.

Unless we pull off Caddy/Prestia style recruits like Richmond in 2016 we are better off rebuilding for two years to replenish ground ball talent. Falling in love with this team is what’s dangerous.

Obviously some reviews are needed so we stop bleeding talented players like Hunter, dunkley and Smith too.

The club never became the best club in the game despite managing to jump the league and win the flag. Massive change needed this off-season. I don’t think it’s Bevo out if the players like him. And some of the ITK info is looking pretty dodgy so far but we’ll s
Hard when we are up to our eyeballs in salary cap

Why?

Old wasted midfield. Two players that can lay a tackle.

Sub afl standard wings.

Best defenders are injury prone.

It’s a top heavy list that needs injury luck to perform well.

If you think a coach is coming along next year and making this team a contender you’ve got an ugly surprise coming.
You’re basing this on how players have looked in the last two years whilst playing in the worst coached side in the league.

We’ll turn it around very quickly under a half decent coach who can put together a fully coherent sentence

Missing the finals is clearly on Bevo. Game plan, selection inabilty to defend. It also on the players who stuffed up in so many close games. There are so many plays involving the simplest of skill errors that caused so many close losses. Get one of them right and we are playing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back