Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the difference though. We weren't unlucky in 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023. We were a worse team in all of those years than we were in 2024. We were not good enough to be a top 4 team in any of those years. I can't accept that 2024 was an "equal" season to those others, at least in the context of what it represents in terms of likely outcomes for the subsequent season. I don't agree with the characterisation of "another" year of back luck, because at least in terms of finals outcomes representign the quality of the team heading into the finals, we weren't that unlucky in 2019, 2020, 2022, we were simply just not that good.

2024: 2nd best percentage, 125.1%.
2024 in the end was more or less as good as 2021 in the end, but unfortunately it didn’t feature the finals run.

I’m banking on the work we’ve done carrying through to next year. If we had had one more win and finished top four I think even if we’d been a first week flop we’d have rallied and made a prelim.

All hypothetical of course and another season where we scrape just in or out of the eight would be unsatisfactory and likely lead to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back