Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

After widespread change and two different reviews, the Dogs aren’t expected to make many, if any, changes to the football department this off-season.

This time last year they poached Matt Egan from Geelong and promoted him to GM over the pre-season, also adding Daniel Pratt from West Coast, who was voted assistant coach of the year by the AFL Coaches Association earlier this month.

Former St Kilda captain Jarryn Geary joined the club as development and leadership coach and will continue to run the leadership program at the kennel.

Premiership Sydney defender Alex Johnson also returned to clubland as a development coach, where he spent 2024 working closely with the young key position players at the Whitten Oval.

Just heard on SEN that Bob Murphy has been offered work at the club. Please no, not now whilst Bevo is still there. He is exactly what we don’t need now.

Before Murphy moved to Fremantle, the dual All-Australian combined his radio commitments at SEN with multiple roles at his old club, including in the W program, the media department and as a club ambassador.

The Bulldogs would like Murphy to return in a similar capacity around his media commitments in 2025.

He would be coming back and doing work with media team like podcast etc and some work with AFLW team.

People really have a problem with that?

Before Murphy moved to Fremantle, the dual All-Australian combined his radio commitments at SEN with multiple roles at his old club, including in the W program, the media department and as a club ambassador.

The Bulldogs would like Murphy to return in a similar capacity around his media commitments in 2025.

He would be coming back and doing work with media team like podcast etc and some work with AFLW team.

Happy with that

As long as it’s just that sort of stuff and nothing like what his role at Freo was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes to footy dept.... Nah can't cop that.

Also, wasn't Bob whiteanting Peter Bell at Freo?
Look I understand we lost another elimination final but it was clear that the club took very significant steps forward for the final 16 weeks of the season. It was a completely different system and the results spoke for themselves other than a poor final.

We made massive changes last offseason. Why do we need to make changes for the sake of it? Sometimes stability is important. We were ranked in the top 2 for scoring AND defense last season.

Why? We drastically improved in all aspects of the game outside of accuracy and Johnson is part time hence he is who we should be moving on
Because Matt Spangher could only get our forward line to be the second most potent in the competition.

He just has to go.

I don't understand why people get excited when past players come back to the club. You're no longer a bulldogs person when you're trying to beat the club as someone like Murphy was these past three years. If the best person available happened to also play at the club then so be it.

I don't understand why people get excited when past players come back to the club. You're no longer a bulldogs person when you're trying to beat the club as someone like Murphy was these past three years. If the best person available happened to also play at the club then so be it.
Because we have an attachment of some sort to them? For me the appreciation of their efforts for the club doesn't turn off as soon as they stop playing. It's probably a good thing to get experience at other clubs rather than going straight from playing into a role with ours and as such can't blame them for competing against us. For me Bob would have been one who comes across most as bleeding RWB and was a big part of our premiership.

Maybe I can reprise my role on the podcast….since we are going back to the future

Working for Fremantle for a few years doesn't negate his connection to and history with the Bulldogs.

Yeah of course. We don’t need him being all woke and spreading his wokeness through the club like a woke snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah of course. We don’t need him being all woke and spreading his wokeness through the club like a woke snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Explain woke?
Hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back